Pages:
Author

Topic: the dao was a scam - page 2. (Read 2932 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 502
July 17, 2016, 02:56:15 PM
If they are the owners of DAO, and they got money for that DAO, and after it failed then I think they should have to take the responsibility of the lose and have to pay back the users their money, it is the justice in that case.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027
July 17, 2016, 12:51:30 PM
I don't think it was a scam to begin with... however, it exploit was just right for that to happen. Of course that if there's an exploit there will always someone taking advantage of it!
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
July 17, 2016, 12:30:50 PM
What a crap, dao has been collapsed, but now price go up. Its amazing bull shit
dao will be converted in ETH, since the price of ETH was going up, people are thinking it's a good idea to buy some DAO to get cheap ETH and if people are buying, then the price tends to go up.
i think this is going to end bad....... eth is probably going down.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
July 17, 2016, 07:48:52 AM
What a crap, dao has been collapsed, but now price go up. Its amazing bull shit
Activity: 354
Merit: 250
July 17, 2016, 07:38:58 AM
A Chinese company called WanXiang Group invested 0.5 million dollars in to Ethereum late last year, it might still make some profit out of its investment.

The price they bought with the Ethereum is about $1.2 each. But that funds is mainly used to support the development.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
July 17, 2016, 05:44:09 AM
A Chinese company called WanXiang Group invested 0.5 million dollars in to Ethereum late last year, it might still make some profit out of its investment.
Activity: 201
July 13, 2016, 03:42:51 AM
The core Ethereum team could not release anything better than a command prompt.   Roll Eyes

Ethereum is only as strong as its' secondary developers, caught up in the Ethereum-scam media hype and excitement, who contributed countless unpaid hours to make it what is today.  Ethereum was truly a "CryptoForNoobs" Doge V2 but more aimed at developers.  Hopefully those developers regret their time in Ethereum and will move onto more authentic projects.  Smiley   Lots of people have already left Ethereum after launch.
Activity: 123
July 13, 2016, 03:25:53 AM
A highly-skilled, planned, co-ordinated scam from everyone's pals in the Ethereum team.  The whole scenario is so blatantly obvious, and everyone eats it all up while continuing to throw money at Vitalik and his gang of eastern-european fraudsters  Smiley

Exactly! While we can never know for sure, I find it odd that such a serious exploit was found but never fixed, and subsequently abused. It's a red herring. See, we knew about this problem but we didn't think it was serious... Is a no brainier that if they were aware of this vulnerability, there was too much risk to move forward until it was fixed.

I hope the Ethereum developers can learn from this lesson and develop more robust programs in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
July 09, 2016, 03:15:36 PM
A highly-skilled, planned, co-ordinated scam from everyone's pals in the Ethereum team.  The whole scenario is so blatantly obvious, and everyone eats it all up while continuing to throw money at Vitalik and his gang of eastern-european fraudsters  Smiley

Exactly! While we can never know for sure, I find it odd that such a serious exploit was found but never fixed, and subsequently abused. It's a red herring. See, we knew about this problem but we didn't think it was serious... Is a no brainier that if they were aware of this vulnerability, there was too much risk to move forward until it was fixed.
Activity: 154
July 09, 2016, 02:58:37 PM

I do not think so. The Ethereum is in continuous development. It also follows the advice from the community.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Offer escrow, receive negative trust
June 24, 2016, 03:17:32 PM
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
June 24, 2016, 11:34:25 AM
The DAO was a concept and an experiment in new ways to look at an organization/corporation.  It was not meant to be a pump and dump for traders.  Would be investors were warned of this.  99% of the current global business world does not want this concept to succeed therefore it was "attacked".
Activity: 1701
Merit: 308
June 24, 2016, 11:09:32 AM
if people really cared about backing legit projects Gulden would be top 10. Lets be honest with ourselves that greed > then anything else in crypto and these people behind them know it and will catch people every time.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
June 24, 2016, 10:48:41 AM
This was shit scam garbage and hack perfect for them and also for those who planned shorts on ETH. SO OBVIOUS.

Stick with legit coin and exchange!! WTH people!!!
June 24, 2016, 10:44:48 AM
Honestly after reading about the amount the hacker stole I thought it would be something really complicated, but a vulnerability like that makes me believe there is a high chance that it was a scam, or it could be someone within the DAO team. 

Do you believe the hole was created deliberately? That is very concerning.

Do we know who is behind the attack?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
June 19, 2016, 10:06:13 PM
Honestly after reading about the amount the hacker stole I thought it would be something really complicated, but a vulnerability like that makes me believe there is a high chance that it was a scam, or it could be someone within the DAO team. 
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
June 19, 2016, 09:36:07 PM
I'm the only one who think that the dato was only a scam  Simon Jentzsch,Christoph Jentzsch and Stephan Tual  should be arrested and their good confiscated and used to pay back users. They earned a lot selling the dao tokens.
Now I think they should be the only responsable for this theft.

what are the differences between slock.it and all others ponziscam we know so well?

You are certainly not the only one thinking that (not saying I agree or that I don't).

The questions further continue to mount given that all of the leadership of Ethereum, The DAO, and slock.it are widely suspected to be heavily invested in The DAO so they are making decisions and pushing things, like forks that freeze and seize coins, that may well affect their own wallets in a very big and apparently undisclosed way.

This coming after Vitalik dumped 25% of his coins and told the public only after the fact. (Interesting question: who else knew before or during his dumping?)

Either way, the lights finally flipped on in the Ethereum ecosystem and the cockroaches are scurrying.

Activity: 112
BitLegit.com - btc poker
June 19, 2016, 09:26:34 PM
From what i have read, there was no hack and its even possible that what they did is legal as Code = Law
June 19, 2016, 02:19:02 PM
I think we just can wait and see the proccess of the law if there are people who report them to police or something Dev of judge.

That could be very interesting. If somebody report to the FBI or a local police station about the theft, how will they respond?
Well i think its impossible to find those scammers.. and its hard to investigate it if it is already their plan..
So better to don't expect for dao devs will be in the jail..

The attackers of the DAO has exposed himself. So he might in jail soon if he is sued by public prosecutors.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 19, 2016, 02:15:30 PM
DAO team may not be scammer but they seem really noob when hacker exploited their network with already marked spliting bug. They just enjoyed dreaming whaat to do with all those millions of eth forgetting fixing bugs and taking this seriously. I will say DAO team greedy and noob in terms of security rather than scammer.
Pages:
Jump to: