Pages:
Author

Topic: The Darkcoin scam - page 2. (Read 2526 times)

legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
August 27, 2014, 10:16:00 AM
Can't we just bump one of the original threads?  I think this is a pretty well known fact ... don't get why people keep spamming with it.  Everyone knows DRK isn't going to be the winner in anon tech...
Activity: 697
Merit: 500
August 27, 2014, 10:07:44 AM
not a scam really, just not a fair reward system and certainly not anon

Which is the same
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
August 25, 2014, 05:47:30 PM
not a scam really, just not a fair reward system and certainly not anon
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
August 24, 2014, 04:15:34 PM
The fact that a dozen devs were able to come along and do in a month what took Duffield in 6 months to do either proves Duffield was stringing people along for months to build hype or he isn't the superstar coder everyone made him out to be, that much is for sure. Also the fact that Dark went around proclaiming to be the first anon coin was nonsense when the Fedora mixer was out months before Darksend and Bytecoin was out 2 years ago.

I am not going to go and call Dark a scam, it is obvious Duffield has a plan and intends to follow through and keep working on the coin but I still never bought his story about the instamine being a mistake. If people want to support him and make him rich hoping to make themselves rich, more power to them, but I find it hypocritical when he is defended for the instamine when every other coin takes so much heat for a paltry 1-2% premine.
Activity: 1073
Merit: 666
August 24, 2014, 04:08:00 PM
Darkcoin is a simple centralized mixer system, nothing new. But they are good at hype and promo. The coinjoin category the best tech I see is supercoin, with pretty convincing multisig tech and detailed workflow published.
Activity: 700
Merit: 520
August 24, 2014, 08:34:41 AM
+1 Dark Coin is a hardcore scam.

just wait 30 minutes or so and 'LaudaM' will try to defend the coin with some random bullshit talk.

be careful she is in the bed with evan duffy the creator of dark coin.   these guys are pretty hardcore.

~CfA~
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
August 24, 2014, 08:32:30 AM
1.Overview
Darkcoin was released at January 19, 2014, 01:50:23 AM. The main feature is X11 algorithm, and the first coin claims to realize anonymous.
With Darksend/anonymous, the marketcap occupied the third place in the encryption currency market. And it also help the exchange mitpal to rise suddenly.
But the marketcap stabilized at $ 4-5 million in the February to April. And the skyrocket begins at May. The marketcap is about $6.5 million at May,1. One month later, the marketcap is more than $65 million, soared 10-fold within a month.
At August 18, the price lost 40%, and the marketcap is less than $10 million
2. The question about Darksend
As the main feature, Darksend makes the darkcoin can’t be traced, it totally anonymous. But the Dev tried to avoid talking about Coinjoin or the contribution of Maxwell, and keep the source closed. It’s really weird. The Coinjoin was proposed by one of bitcoin core developer, Greg Maxwell who believe Coinjoin anonymity is not complete.
3 layout
3.1 working quietly
Since preminer was despised by the whole community, preminer is equal to dig your own grave. So the question is how to avoid preminer, but obtain most of coins? The trick is naming a very ordinary name with ugly UI. In short, makes everything looks like very ordinary.
For example, the darkcoin was named Xcoin when it was released, the tile is CPU-Fast, Easy mine, *no premine. With such name, no one care about this coin.
After the Dev miner most of the coins, they change the title as DarkCoin| First Anonymous Coin | First X11 | First DGW | DarkSend+ Is Live!, which is much attractive than the original one.
3.2 no preminer but more than preminer
There is no windows client when DRK (xcoin) released which I will never tell you.
It was minered about 2 million coins after releaed 32 hours.
The first block reward is 500 coins and the 4000 block was 277 coins, the block time is 2.5 minute. That means 4000 blocks was generated after the first 15 hours, about 1.75 million coins.
And now the reward is only 5 coins.

3.3 Leave bugs in the core code.
3.3.1 the first bug: Block Reward

What the exactly number of the Block Reward?
The mooreslaw ( 1111 / (diff+1 ^ 2))?

Or 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2)

And at last the Block Reward was only 5.
3.3.2 the second bug: The total amount of Darkcoin.
First they claimed the number is 84million. They delete their post, but can’t delete other people’s quote.

Then they claimed the number is 22million

At last, they claimed there is no unlimited.
Pages:
Jump to: