Pages:
Author

Topic: The DeFi Red Flags - page 3. (Read 358 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 4
December 11, 2020, 10:27:13 AM
And another one "Meme Token"

There a lot Meme Token DeFi offering a thousand APY to all user, and you want know the weird things? everyone trade that token without fear the token going to be zero on the market.
What actually are those Meme Tokens
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1225
December 11, 2020, 10:23:29 AM
And another one "Meme Token"

There a lot Meme Token DeFi offering a thousand APY to all user, and you want know the weird things? everyone trade that token without fear the token going to be zero on the market.
Activity: 840
Merit: 4
December 11, 2020, 10:11:33 AM
ICO is stone dead(RIP) and IEOs are on its death throes. Now its Decentralized Finance season and everyone and his pet cat are launching projects, and slapping DeFi on it. I would be attempting to point out the points to look out for in scammy DeFi projects.

1. Fake/Non-existent team
It is an increasingly common trend for scammers to invent fake founders and biographies for their projects, and stick it o their websites. Some don't bother at all. Having said this, some legit DeFi projects have anonymous team members. This point shouldn't be a deal breaker though.

2. No or almost no social media presence: These projects can go days or weeks without any posts or tweets. That's simply because there is absolutely nothing to report. They are simply waiting to snap up your cash

3. Poor Grammar
One of the hallmarks of a scammy project is a hastily concocted whitepaper. Even with the Google Translate, the website, whitepaper and blogs are bloated with poor or elementary English.

4. Poor and/or plagiarised whitepaper
This one is a no-brainer. From copied whitepaper content, blog news these guys copy content from successful projects and gleefully slam it on their whitepaper. Many times they are successful with this ruse.

5. Audits
I have made it a point of duty to always check if any DeFi project I associate with has an audit with a reputable and well-known firm. Audits simply mean if there actually is a real project and whether such tokens exist.

Final Thoughts
Never take my word as gospel. Some DeFi can still exit scam or rug pull even after fulfilling these conditions. Remember: ALWAYS DYOR
Pages:
Jump to: