Pages:
Author

Topic: The difficulty HAS BEEN REDUCED!!!! - page 6. (Read 25831 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
February 16, 2015, 11:38:59 PM
Difficulty always rises... if the price still above 220 imho  Smiley
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Firing it up
February 16, 2015, 10:11:39 PM
The reduction represents the fiat cost and bad management.

Only few people have the ideas using liquid well.

I am not using any vegetable oil for my rig. I wish I could use Novec(R) or spectrasyn 8(r) reasonably. Sadly I need to order at least 33 pounds which can be critical for initial.

legendary
Activity: 1722
February 03, 2015, 03:55:38 PM
diff its always rissing there no long term for diff to go less and mining its always and investemnt that goes bam after one year i mean the hardware deprecates at the rate of 1 year to half or even worsth you need the roi calc and watts calsc to get into it and then sell the hardware after one year becuse of diff rises in sha256 and scrypt even.

If there is no money coming into BTC ASIC manfactures have no money to create new ASIC's = hash rate stall.
Activity: 252
February 03, 2015, 07:29:41 AM
diff its always rissing there no long term for diff to go less and mining its always and investemnt that goes bam after one year i mean the hardware deprecates at the rate of 1 year to half or even worsth you need the roi calc and watts calsc to get into it and then sell the hardware after one year becuse of diff rises in sha256 and scrypt even.
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
February 03, 2015, 03:31:07 AM
Looks like quite a few marginal miners flipping the switch on/off with difficulty changes.
legendary
February 02, 2015, 01:13:10 AM
hasrate increasing again, at this price its depressing   Cry
legendary
Activity: 3150
Merit: 2257
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
February 01, 2015, 03:53:20 PM
wonder how long this ridiculous hash pumping will continue specially with the horrible price of btc now
Possibly forever. Technically hash pumping (and pumping and dumping) appear to be optimal strategies to increase one's personal gain at the expense of others who do not do this.

Fascinating. Of course when everyone follows this strategy the coin collapses (like catcoin and other coins). If that is the case, then this might begin to explain why we have rules and laws around things like financial systems.

Hm. Bitcoin is an amazing little system. I need to think and watch for awhile to see the ramifications of this.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 01, 2015, 03:20:09 PM
wonder how long this ridiculous hash pumping will continue specially with the horrible price of btc now
Activity: 252
February 01, 2015, 04:53:03 AM
well if you expect that diff will reduce as a consequence of mining difficulty that will not happen in short notice its just a small peak its will rise again and again the diff of mining always take a part on gathering the best hardware. (maybe some alt coins do stay in diff more equal then bit coin to be mined
legendary
February 01, 2015, 01:47:29 AM
BTC will double in $ value Smiley

that price goto the moon or diffculty will be halved

But someone dropping a couple MILLION to create a huge ASIC hash farm is either insane or a complete fool who cannot math.

After watching the "Shake Shack" IPO I keep remembering Krispy Kreme and it's "stock". Yes, most people are just plain stupid.

I was thinking this morning: We might be seeing what happened to catcoin happening to Bitcoin. More specifically we've reached a difficulty point where it will go up 8%, everyone will stop mining and wait for the difficulty to go down, then pile in again. It's another form of taking advantage of others, which seems to be the hallmark for everything bitcoin but it does make sense from an individual point of view.

Time will tell.

i cant wait to see what happen when mining subsidy halved

Everyone is waiting for that...

indeed Wink
Activity: 481
February 01, 2015, 01:25:22 AM
But someone dropping a couple MILLION to create a huge ASIC hash farm is either insane or a complete fool who cannot math.

After watching the "Shake Shack" IPO I keep remembering Krispy Kreme and it's "stock". Yes, most people are just plain stupid.

I was thinking this morning: We might be seeing what happened to catcoin happening to Bitcoin. More specifically we've reached a difficulty point where it will go up 8%, everyone will stop mining and wait for the difficulty to go down, then pile in again. It's another form of taking advantage of others, which seems to be the hallmark for everything bitcoin but it does make sense from an individual point of view.

Time will tell.

Everyone is waiting for that...
Activity: 460
Merit: 500
February 01, 2015, 01:18:41 AM
BTC will double in $ value Smiley
legendary
January 31, 2015, 10:25:49 PM

Time will tell.

legendary
January 31, 2015, 02:20:41 PM

Time will tell.
Activity: 955
Merit: 1004
January 31, 2015, 11:04:38 AM
Greed is good.

I would venture to say that the people making these huge hash farms aren't using their money, they got some investor who doesn't know jack about Bitcoin to finance it.  So the people running the farm will take their profits and run and don't care if it ever ROIs for the investor.
Activity: 460
January 30, 2015, 05:05:52 PM
+1
also the network could work just as well and fast(for transaction confirmation) whit 5% of the current hashrate
legendary
January 30, 2015, 04:54:04 PM
Man, BTC mining generates a lot of the currency and secures the network, and that needs to be monetarily absorbed by the system, as a classical offer/demand market

Better and faster chips mean cheaper and faster securing methods, allowing BTC price to grow
The currency would be generated at the same rate regardless of number of miners (>1 of course). 25 bitcoins drop every 10 minutes.

Securing the network is another story, while it's true that the higher power miners make the network harder to crack, consolidation of the pools allows someone to control a significant portion of that network making it easier to crack.

Activity: 532
January 30, 2015, 08:56:36 AM
yes thats right...
we have support their RnD by buying all their previous equipment and then after they reach their mature product and minimal chance of improvement, they keep it all for themself...   Roll Eyes

Well.... Yeah.

This is the other problem I have with mining these days, it started out where anyone could fire up a CPU and crank on the network. Then we all took rocket ships to the moon with video cards (crazy but cool) then FPGAs and ASICs. Now we've stalled out, and the people who built the chips now have the right design (28-20nm chips) so why should they sell them for anything less than what they can mine?

Couple that with the low prices and I don't see anyone investing in a better chip design. We may be stuck here for awhile. Summary: Bye bye distributed network, hello centralized money system.

That's kind of a problem.

Man, BTC mining generates a lot of the currency and secures the network, and that needs to be monetarily absorbed by the system, as a classical offer/demand market

Better and faster chips mean cheaper and faster securing methods, allowing BTC price to grow
legendary
January 29, 2015, 11:57:08 PM
yes thats right...
we have support their RnD by buying all their previous equipment and then after they reach their mature product and minimal chance of improvement, they keep it all for themself...   Roll Eyes

Well.... Yeah.

This is the other problem I have with mining these days, it started out where anyone could fire up a CPU and crank on the network. Then we all took rocket ships to the moon with video cards (crazy but cool) then FPGAs and ASICs. Now we've stalled out, and the people who built the chips now have the right design (28-20nm chips) so why should they sell them for anything less than what they can mine?

Couple that with the low prices and I don't see anyone investing in a better chip design. We may be stuck here for awhile. Summary: Bye bye distributed network, hello centralized money system.

That's kind of a problem.
legendary
January 29, 2015, 10:20:33 PM
That is within their right.

yes thats right...
Pages:
Jump to: