Pages:
Author

Topic: The Dying Myth of long term holds??? - page 3. (Read 1551 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 11
September 23, 2018, 01:09:59 AM
I never hodl long term, just hate it. I like to be in the control of the situation. If you just keep your money  in the wallet, it doesn’t work all the time. As for me, it is inefficient.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
September 22, 2018, 03:17:54 PM
I think that we shouldn't believe in myths. To my mind, it is necessary to choose the best coin  for example ether or btc and keep them until the market recovers to the full extent and we will see the increase in prices
Activity: 183
September 22, 2018, 03:12:58 PM
It is evident that the current market conditions, more stable and consolidated than four or five years ago, make it increasingly difficult to repeat the scenarios of high volatility in which practically any cryptocurrency had the potential to increase its price above 1,000% in one year.

I am convinced that as time goes on, we will see that only very few cryptocurrencies will be able to survive the passage of time, and those that may persist in the market will offer increasingly more conservative growth rates, so I think that the convenience of the Long term holds will become a myth sooner rather than later.
Activity: 150
September 03, 2018, 09:14:31 PM
It all depends on your trading skill level.  If you are a gifted trader than Hodling is going to be a disaster for you.   On the other had if your not a trader and try to force it bad things will also happen.  It comes down to your personality and what best suits you. 
Activity: 616
August 25, 2018, 05:04:02 PM
It depends on the skill of the investor, it's kind of like gambling but if you're like a good poker player who can make money out of it then it is more profitable to day trade. My skill / luck isn't particularly good so i'm going to stick with long term hodl, but need to be aware of the ups and downs
Activity: 350
Merit: 4
August 25, 2018, 03:25:47 PM
Long term hodl always works out ,no doubts about that ,I don't like trading maybe because I don't know how to trade ,if you know howvto trade you can make more profits per day
Activity: 232
Merit: 0
August 25, 2018, 03:21:33 PM
No, the myth is not debunked. Long-term hold is definitely a solution for those who are not used to taking risks. Market fluctuations? If you enter for a long time, you should not care. Just forget that you have a cryptocurrency and remember this in a year, when there will be positive news.
Activity: 168
Merit: 9
August 06, 2018, 07:43:09 PM
Holding works in a bull market, you don't wanna hold an asset that depreciates in value. Hold only in uptrend or if you bought the coins on the floor.
Activity: 546
August 06, 2018, 07:16:37 PM
For long term holds yuo need choose good projekt, not all projects are equally good. In trade, I usually lose money, so for myself chose hold.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
August 06, 2018, 07:10:43 PM
The myth has always being that long term holdings is better than short term/daily trading.
Thinking about it; with the current atmosphere around cryptos, is the future really guaranteed to be banking on long term holds or is it all a gamble.
Some day traders make very good profits nevertheless, which makes me wonder if this myth still applies.

Please share your views
Its quite popular on having these kind of advise or saying by some people when it comes to holding for long term. We cant really deny that this do gives out opportunity to make big profits but if we do see it carefully it would really still like a gamble because you are holding into something which doesn't have any assurance that it can give you out profits on the time you do expect. We know each coin do have the time that pumps out once into a certain ath and die later on which simply means you just missed out that golden opportunity.
Activity: 116
Merit: 0
August 06, 2018, 07:07:17 PM
The big earnings on long-term crypto currency trade is not a myth. I myself have been convinced many times that long-term traders earn much more than day traders.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
July 23, 2018, 07:26:39 AM
You say long term hold is a gamble, I counter you with the fact that short term trading is just as much of a gamble as long term holding. I have met people who have lost their money because they were involved in short term trading but I have never met anyone who lost their money from long term holding, rather they made the most money, me included. Trading has a lot of risks, so if you are not a pro, then you should go with long term holding.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
July 20, 2018, 04:41:21 PM
I kinda of agree with the long term holds being a legend of sorts.  The world seems much more fast paces than it did in say the 90's.  We may have to remain more nimble in the future as we become more connected and wired into a great big technological society. 
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
July 20, 2018, 04:36:52 PM
It seems to me that much depends on a person if you know how to trade well, then maybe day trading for you will be more profitable
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
July 20, 2018, 04:29:15 PM
When we look at such long-term falls in the crypto-currency market, and besides, we see that the fall and rise of the market is cyclical, it becomes clear that investing for a long-term perspective will not always bring a good profit. If you are not a good day trader, then the best option will be the periodic sale of coins, when they clearly grew in price and their purchase at significant price falls.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
July 20, 2018, 04:24:55 PM
Holding has always been good, that is why i have always thought that it is the most profitable thing for everyone, but due to the market conditions, i am more than sure in that holdnig is good
Activity: 194
Merit: 2
July 20, 2018, 04:20:25 PM
Rome was not built in one night.
I firmly believe in that. It takes time to come up with a strong project and high security.
A patience group member is the strength of the management
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
July 20, 2018, 04:18:20 PM
Long term holding is dangerous if You are not holding main coins as  in bearish market their value is decreasing
significantly more than Bitcoin and their value can go to almost zero and you can lose your investment.

While a trader is using losing stop - loss and buying back cheaper. Holding is not always working, even if the market recovers,  not all the coins will survive and fully recover.
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
July 20, 2018, 02:22:45 PM
Long term hold is still profitable until now. For example, Bitcoin price is still higher than 1 year ago. Day trading is profitable as well if you are good in trading. If not, sticking to long term holding is the best bet.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 102
July 20, 2018, 02:15:17 PM
That is fact and not dying myth, holding coin at this current market atmosphere may not be favourable. It pays off at the long run if only if you can be patient back up by the adage that says patient dog eats the fattest bone.
Pages:
Jump to: