Pages:
Author

Topic: The EU takes 9 more jurisdictions out of the Tax Heaven list - page 2. (Read 184 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
A global tax of 15% should be required to be considered for business as an equal.

How about a zero tax?
Then everyone should be indeed equal and nobody would have to spend millions of in searching for millions in tax evasion.

As I said before, businesses and corporations are not poeple, they don't spend millions on mansions, cars, and hookers, cut any deductible expense that could be used by the employees as a backdoor, and set the tax to null. All the money they will be getting in paychecks from the company be it wages, dividends anything will sure be taxed when it comes to their personal income tax. So why fracture this in 100 steps and make it both overcomplicated and easy to avoid when the results will be the same in the end.
Anyhow, that money hidden in tax havens will still be used sooner or later, they will return to the economy, they will be spent, and then taxed, at least with VAT.

Exactly, tax should all be zero when government can get unlimited money from central banks. The government's tax income is neglect-able comparing with huge amount of fiat they borrowed each year from central banks, why government still tax in 2021 is out of understanding of who understands modern monetary policy
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
A global tax of 15% should be required to be considered for business as an equal.

How about a zero tax?
Then everyone should be indeed equal and nobody would have to spend millions of in searching for millions in tax evasion.

As I said before, businesses and corporations are not poeple, they don't spend millions on mansions, cars, and hookers, cut any deductible expense that could be used by the employees as a backdoor, and set the tax to null. All the money they will be getting in paychecks from the company be it wages, dividends anything will sure be taxed when it comes to their personal income tax. So why fracture this in 100 steps and make it both overcomplicated and easy to avoid when the results will be the same in the end.
Anyhow, that money hidden in tax havens will still be used sooner or later, they will return to the economy, they will be spent, and then taxed, at least with VAT.

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
Would anyone care to guess what the motive behind removing select nations from the list is. I wonder if people would be upset if they knew. Or would they not care, its normal life as usual.

In some poor nations, the average worker might make $4 a day. If the average wage was raised 200% businesses would go bankrupt being unable to afford it. If the income tax was raised 200% it could destroy the entire economy. A country must retain a relative degree of economic wealth and prosperity to afford 15% income taxes. The reason poorer countries like puerto rico impose only 4% income taxes is their economies could not afford to raise taxes higher without destroying their economies.

And so it could be interesting and painful to see what picture emerges with recent trends.

People have developed the idea things like taxes and politics are completely 100% unrelated to their quality of life. Then they're shocked and surprised when a shift in oil prices significantly affects the cost of goods and services they use on a daily basis. Its a very strange thing.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 402
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
I'm more interested to know whether the tax haven countries accept those who are dodging taxes... better still, those who avoid paying justified taxes. And I hope the owners actually own the money and honestly worked for it.
Better to have the tax haven countries only accept those that have meet the right requirements for saving funds in their banks.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1598
Do not die for Putin
As the fumes from the Pandora Papers are still in the air, the EU has seen fit to withdraw from the Tax Heavens list countries such as Samoa, Fiji, Trinidad y Tobago,... Particularly interesting the case of Anguila, with a corporate tax of 0%.

As a tax paying citizen I am very disappointed with the minimal requisites that the EU is requiring from these countries. A global tax of 15% should be required to be considered for business as an equal. They are just happily feeding the pirates and doing it as there is more hard proof of how are these jurisdictions being used.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2021/oct/05/eu-action-against-tax-havens-is-inadequate-say-meps#:~:text=The%20EU%20tax-haven%20list,US%20Virgin%20Islands%2C%20and%20Vanuatu.

Do not get me wrong, if you want to live in a Tax Heaven, you are free to do so. What I do not find ethical is living on a country that provides services and fits your living style and then evade. You want to get taxed in Anguila? Perfect, just go live there and enjoy.
Pages:
Jump to: