Pages:
Author

Topic: The existence of bitcoin is still lacking - page 3. (Read 513 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 141
In my city at least 9 of 10 people know what Bitcoin is... in a sense that it is a digital coin. However, I think that only 1 out of 10 knows more about it.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
As I toured the streets of downtown, I asked to question 10 people aged 25-30.

"Do you know of bitcoin or cryptocurrency?"

"Where do you get bitcoin information?" (If the answer to the first question is yes)

Of the 10 people I asked, 6 people answered never know about bitcoin and the rest replied that they know about bitcoin and cryptocurrency.

From the second question I gave to 4 people who answered that they know the average bitcoin replied that they know the bitcoin of the ads that appear in some social media services like BBM, Line, and Instagram. They told me that they were initially curious about the ads appearing so they tried to find out information about the ads.

The majority of people in this forum want bitcoin to be a world currency if viewed from the results of the survey above it turns out most people still do not know what is bitcoin or cryptocurrency.

How can bitcoin materialize into the world's currency if people do not know what bitcoin is? What do you think about to help the wishes of all bitcoin users come true in the future?

Is your sampling technique focused on a single area? I don't think that your survey would be so valid if you have been focusing in a single city or state, like adoption of Bitcoin or any other existing coins could be so booming in other area and is about yet to spread in to your area. Find the central point of where the majority adoption might be taking place in your area. Don't just ask an open ended question of do they really know it. Ask them instead what are their understandings regarding cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be specific. They could just say yes and no and cover it up that they heard it from news or from social media and that isn't what we're trying to get in cryptocurrency. What we're trying to get is the adoption of it, not the plain awareness of it.
Awareness itself won't help. People need to get educated on this technology before we can say that it is really getting an adoption now.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
The bitcoin is still lacking from its existence an there are many reasons behind this and i think the major reason is lack of education, lack of knowledge among the people, traders and also employee and workers who are already working in any cryptocurrency firms. Actually many people don't know about the blockchain technology and about the bitcoin crypto transaction in detail and this can be solved by giving proper education on cryptocurrency and by giving exact knowledge about trading and mining those cryptocurrencies. Even the employee working in crypto firms are not aware of the crypto technology and they can't explain how the process moves on. Roll Eyes
Activity: 238
Merit: 38
How can bitcoin materialize into the world's currency if people do not know what bitcoin is? What do you think about to help the wishes of all bitcoin users come true in the future?

Sadly it is not viewed as a currency with most people, but it is seen as an some speculative asset from where you can flip and earn some money. I can tell you that I have seen a lot more people who are familiar with bitcoin and crypto than the last year. For instance I even saw few people in buses on the mobile phone checking prices or reading some popular crypto news website so apparently adoption is slowly growing or at least awareness. It is not on the level we want it to be but just let the new bull run to begin, we need coverage by media to advertise it for free.
Activity: 1111
Merit: 255
Because Bitcoins is not yet popular, It's just like in my country for almost three years when I'm using bitcoins just now on the news, And the bad thing is wrong information. So much more is the bitcoins to get to know it and find out exactly what it will play in our lives and in the world.

This is what we should focus on, Identifying and knowing what bitcoins really are
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
Your sample is just to small so you can't really get any data for it. I actually don't agree with Kprawn, and I think that bitcoin is mainstream already. Not in terms of adoption of course, but in terms of awareness. I know this goes against what the OP found in the survey he conducted, but like I said, questioning 10 random persons does not count as a sample from which you can get statistically significant results.
Neither of you did not have a valid data proof about the Bitcoin awareness in the mainstream, and the subject can be measured by assumption.Nor OP data is unrealibe since it surely can't proof any legitimate statements. The fact is cryptocurrency is still at early age, mainstream still didn't know well about it.
Activity: 476
Merit: 102
Kuvacash.com
Thats why when I see a question that am I still late to buy bitcoins than my only reply is unless the current adoption rate reaches a double digit percentage you aren't late into buying some bitcoins. It takes time for technologies like Bitcoin to reach world wide and become common among the general public.
Activity: 616
Merit: 12
Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs

"Where do you get bitcoin information?" (If the answer to the first question is yes)

Of the 10 people I asked, 6 people answered never know about bitcoin and the rest replied that they know about bitcoin and cryptocurrency.

From the second question I gave to 4 people who answered that they know the average bitcoin replied that they know the bitcoin of the ads that appear in some social media services like BBM, Line, and Instagram. They told me that they were initially curious about the ads appearing so they tried to find out information about the ads.

The majority of people in this forum want bitcoin to be a world currency if viewed from the results of the survey above it turns out most people still do not know what is bitcoin or cryptocurrency.

encourage people to know about bitcoin is not so easy, not all people have a will to know about crypto, if their daily activity from internet is just social media, then they might know it from ads or some link shared.

Your sample is just to small so you can't really get any data for it. I actually don't agree with Kprawn, and I think that bitcoin is mainstream already. Not in terms of adoption of course, but in terms of awareness. I know this goes against what the OP found in the survey he conducted, but like I said, questioning 10 random persons does not count as a sample from which you can get statistically significant results.

i think it depends on where (country) they actually did the survey, in some country there's also the lack of its existence. and of course not all of youth know about bitcoin.
youth with knowledge with technology, im sure they will.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
Bitcoin is not mainstream yet and if you are saying that 6 or more people out of 10 does not even know about Bitcoin, then

we should be glad about that. The market for Bitcoin is not saturated and that is good news for investors. You should be more

worried, when 8 out of 10 people knew about Bitcoin and if they are not interested to invest.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 868
Merit: 63
Well many people bats an eye about it because in the first place they're blinded by the media saying negativity about bitcoin. Yeah it is pretty much helpful if all of the people engage into bitcoin, but in the eyes of the people what they've experienced will stay and maybe they've lost profit in bitcoin and lost their hopes and also they're influenced not to engage into various stuff because it is a scam which is not really. At the end of the day though, you decide on what is your strategy in a better future and life, and bitcoin is one way.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
I think information best can be provided with the practical experience. But as we cant tell everyone to come to this forum and ask for the trial of using it or tell them to work here and earn some bucks in the form of BTC then that options is out of eye sight.

But I do know one option which is really involuntary of our efforts and thats the government! It might sound little weird at first glance but people do believe in things which re having some legal status. I mean if someday government accepts the bitcoin as legal tender and do publish that loud and clear to the nation or may be if president addresses to the nation and says that then we might see some results. What do you think about this option.  Cheesy
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
So this poll was taken by 10 people in total? Yeah those results aren't anything to go by.
Certain countries have a crypto currency adoption rate of 30% and higher amongst the youth.
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
I think that day will come sooner or latter,
Surprisingly in SE Asia, I've getting a lot of job speaking about blockchain and cryptocurrency, well.. the majority is still from academics and bankers
Of course like Antonopoulos, i'll get to shill a little bit about bitcoin

IMO the best way is to educate people and frequently talk about bitcoin Smiley
Not about investment part, but about decentralize, open, borderless, etc..
copper member
Activity: 840
Merit: 110
Give Hope For Everyone!
In a survey, the less people you ask, the lower the accuracy of your survey. If you asked only 10 persons in a specific area, they cannot represent the whole population or even the area itself. It might be true that bitcoin is not known to that area but it doesn't mean that bitcoin is not known in the whole world.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
It's not the "existence".
Bitcoin doesn't lack "existence" as we would never be able to use it if so.

It's awareness or recognition or understanding...pick a synonym.

Out of pure curiosity where you asked this, as in country and location?
Because it's one thing to ask this question in Santa Clara and one thing to ask teenagers in Herman Gardens Detroit.
And I do hope you've asked them this question by using  better wording

Asking 10 people in the street a question is nowhere near conducting a global survey.
And BTW, how did you guess their age, especially in quite a narrow gap (25-30) ? 

How can bitcoin materialize into the world's currency if people do not know what bitcoin is?

Simple, when people will know about it and start using it, and things like this don't happen over night.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

Pages:
Jump to: