Pages:
Author

Topic: The FBI is looking for victims of Bitconnect scam - page 2. (Read 510 times)

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1166
The FBI is looking for investors who suffered from Bitconnect scam and in the link below where the article can be found they have provided a form to be filled out by those who've been victimized. I'm thankful I didn't listen to one friend of mine who recruited me to bitconnect at that time, I've been warned by a closed friend not to engage in any pyramid schemes and those that promise too good to be true interests in their investments daily.

https://bestcoininvestments.com/the-fbi-is-looking-for-investors-who-suffered-from-bitconnect-scam/

I guess they already have a big database of potential victims. Same as Centra Card investors been getting letters.
At least in this case regulation is brilliant, that investors may get some refund or should I say potential refund, all depends on the rate it will be counted and how many years it will take.

But I wonder where should the refund come from? Think about how much damage has been done. I doubt they have any money to refund a big number of investors.
Activity: 756
Merit: 259
The FBI is looking for investors who suffered from Bitconnect scam and in the link below where the article can be found they have provided a form to be filled out by those who've been victimized. I'm thankful I didn't listen to one friend of mine who recruited me to bitconnect at that time, I've been warned by a closed friend not to engage in any pyramid schemes and those that promise too good to be true interests in their investments daily.

https://bestcoininvestments.com/the-fbi-is-looking-for-investors-who-suffered-from-bitconnect-scam/

I guess they already have a big database of potential victims. Same as Centra Card investors been getting letters.
At least in this case regulation is brilliant, that investors may get some refund or should I say potential refund, all depends on the rate it will be counted and how many years it will take.
legendary
Very important for all cryptocurrency investors, they will be more confident if they see that scamming people is not as easy as it seems.

Scamming people will always be easy as there will always be people who are just not experienced as much as those who got scammed once.
Activity: 924
Merit: 106
homt.net
Very important for all cryptocurrency investors, they will be more confident if they see that scamming people is not as easy as it seems.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
Yeah, I saw the news too. I think it is absolutely right that the FBI is investigating this project. Scammers should be punished. And the victims must be compensated.
I recommend to those who lost money in this project, do not hesitate and fill out the proposed form.

I agree that scammers should get punished, but given the anonymity of the Bitconnect operation, I doubt that victims will be compensated. However, I would hope the FBI focuses on the very top of this organization and perhaps tries to find the trail via blockchain to the culprits.
Giving justice to those who's being victimized is really important, we knew that it's hard for them to gain back there's investment but if they
knew that the facilitators of this crime was already been punished it can give at least some relief from the burden that they've keep inside after
being scam of this business.

Let's see what further updates will be bring to us after this search.
Activity: 459
Merit: 10

this is great. Bitcoinnect's victims finally got lucky and hoped the campaign would go well and investors in Bitcoinnect could recover the money they had been scammed.
Our market is getting better and better if protected by the FBI and always enforcing the law.
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
Yeah, I saw the news too. I think it is absolutely right that the FBI is investigating this project. Scammers should be punished. And the victims must be compensated.
I recommend to those who lost money in this project, do not hesitate and fill out the proposed form.

I agree that scammers should get punished, but given the anonymity of the Bitconnect operation, I doubt that victims will be compensated. However, I would hope the FBI focuses on the very top of this organization and perhaps tries to find the trail via blockchain to the culprits.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100

I thought that Bitconnect team can not be arrested because it was based on decentralized idea, so everyone who used Bitconnect and invested should be arrested, or?
Activity: 812

Well even though it's too late to help the people who victim of this scam project. It's gladly that FBI do the action to investigate what happen so the suspect pay to what they've done to their victim.
legendary
So many project CEOs that turn out to be scam need to be apprehended.
It will serve as deterrent to other that intend or are planning to scam.
We need to find ways to get this reduced in the crypto space.

Many of them smartly stayed anonymous, so there isn't much that can be done against those people by the FBI.
Activity: 854
Merit: 10
So many project CEOs that turn out to be scam need to be apprehended.
It will serve as deterrent to other that intend or are planning to scam.
We need to find ways to get this reduced in the crypto space.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
This topic concerns me as I wonder why on Earth FBI would be interested in that. Looks like to know more about those who invested at least, though can’t see the final point.
Activity: 736
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
Interestingly crooks will be punished? Or they will be able to get away from provasudiya. Well, they are looking for it already. Perhaps we are going through such projects. And the cryptocurrency will calm up.
legendary
The problem is that hardly anyone will ever get to see their money again. The guys behind Bitconnect are probably broke and can't pay anyone.
They are unknown, police has been arresting promoters. Promoters can't give money back.
I don't think whoever was behind bitconnect will ever be captured and they have earn too much money and run away.
Fbi has to search for everyone involved, person or people behind this scam could be one of these people on this ceremony https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCcwn6bGUtU

It is unknown who actually ran the scam? I didn't know that. I thought that it was tose two guys who were also sued or so?
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
Why they are looking for the victims? will the victims can still get their money?
I have so many friends who joined this scam project, they also want me to join them but i said no as i dont trust the system.
This project looks really fishy for me, thank god!
Obviously, they're looking for the victims to that the FBI can have a solid evidence against those scammers and they will have a good case to bring them to justice and maybe they can also have the correct figures as to how much money the scammers got and maybe learn big lessons as well.
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
It is good to hear that FBI is doing something about the bitconnect scam. The scammers should be punished and this serve a warning to other people who want to organise such scam.
copper member
Activity: 150
Merit: 0

This is a welcomed improvement to me. They should be flushed out and jailed. Yes, cryptocurrencies should be decentralized but it shouldn't be a haven for criminals and all sorts of bandits.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 175
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
This is to stop from developers into launching another Bitconnectcoin like projects again and we really need regulation for a project like this, this is a big lesson for all of us here and could be the end of ponzi like coin in the market.
It really is the end for a similar project Bitconnect is the last ponzi like coin that will exist because that's what's going to happen if any developer will try to launch a similar coin in the market and besides we have a group of scam buster here in our forum.
Activity: 259
Merit: 17
This is to stop from developers into launching another Bitconnectcoin like projects again and we really need regulation for a project like this, this is a big lesson for all of us here and could be the end of ponzi like coin in the market.
Activity: 571
I hope that these scammers will find and give them a good time to other scammers looked at this situation and therefore would think twice before trying to fool someone.
Pages:
Jump to: