Pages:
Author

Topic: The first signal that 2020 might be the comeback of crypto! - page 2. (Read 224 times)

legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
Zap Launches Strike, An Instant Fiat to Lightning Payment App

Stuff like this didn't exist before. If you are expecting another mega altcoin pump like it happened in 2017, it may never happen again.

Now it is possible to get onto LN directly from USD, I don't see any use case for those cheap payment coins.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
anybody who stopped trading during the past 2 years and wants to start again this year must not do it and should stay away from trading. because someone who can not make profit from all market conditions is not a trader, they are gamblers who rely on constant pumps to make profit and since that is not possible they should not risk their money or they will end up losing their money again and again until they are broke.

Although I see reasoning in what you have just said but I want to look at it from this angle, every traders knows when it's profitable for him/her to trade. The smart and more experience ones can trade in any condition and still come out profitable. For those those who aren't yet that experience, they have the right to take a break when they observe the market isn't favouring them then maybe engaging in demo practice to perfect or develop new trading strategy.

What favours Mr A might not favour Mr B, but as far as both traders are putting in their very best, analyzing and studying the market to make prediction of price movement and not mere gambling on speculation of others than choosing a time that best suit them to trade isn't that bad.

Concerning the OP assumption, hope you do understand that January had various positive news like Ethereum software upgrade spreading round the community and 2020 in general is assumed to be a very positive year for bitcoin due to the hype of halving block reward and other benefits that follows like price increase, supply decreased etc so the price increase in January is just a mere reaction probably caused by FOMO as enthusiast are buying coins in preparation for the hype to kick in.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
Hmmm, for me that best time to make a comeback is during crypto's pullback because the price is so cheap. Just look at bitcoin today, almost touching 5 digits again and the last lower lows was like $3k. So if you have invested that time then its already 3x by just holding.

Altcoin market is also recovering, might be a good time to join the bandwagon again early 2020 because once the market had recovered and go on a full blown bull run, regrets!!.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
anybody who stopped trading during the past 2 years and wants to start again this year must not do it and should stay away from trading. because someone who can not make profit from all market conditions is not a trader, they are gamblers who rely on constant pumps to make profit and since that is not possible they should not risk their money or they will end up losing their money again and again until they are broke.

i also disagree with the chart you posted. 2019 has been a fantastic altcoin year since we saw lot sand lots of shitcoin pumps like we always do and real traders have been making huge profit by taking advantage of those pumps and "trading" altcoins instead of just bag-holding them hoping for long term rise that will never happen.
Activity: 36
Merit: 4
Hey everyone, I like to keep a monthly overview of how bitcoin is doing. I know many of you may have stopped trading over the last year as we’ve had so many consecutive horrible months. Trading with a negative bias makes trading in crypto even harder than it normally already is. That is, considering you only go for long positions.

Starting in 2020, we’ve seen a fantastic month for bitcoin with an increase of 30.59%. On average altcoins gained 26.52% in value (when looking at their USD value). Also speaking from personal experience, trading over January was much easier than the previous months.

If you are considering getting back into crypto, this might be a great time. Make sure you keep an eye out on the market!

If you want to get more information over how January 2020 is doing compared to 2019 check out this in-depth analysis I wrote at https://www.100-eyes.com/blog/monthly_update/2020/01

Here you can see the average performance of altcoins over the previous twelve months. As you can see January 2020 was the second best month and only the second positive month since April 2019!:
Pages:
Jump to: