Pages:
Author

Topic: The Fit to Talk English project - page 2. (Read 522 times)

copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 420
We are Bitcoin!
May 12, 2018, 06:08:44 AM
Why was the project not supported by those who needed it
- People now a days do not care about personal development, unfortunately they care about quick financial gains. I am sure If you could introduce any idea for them to make money then they would happily join there. (i.e: awarding referral bonus, revShare for being active etc etc)

and what can I do to improve the project?
Think about a marketing angle where people will find they will have a financial gain (a greedy way). Believe it or not this is the best bait. Even the biggest food chain Mcdonald's use this bait. A cheese burger for £0.99 but you actually end up spending £5 to £10. It's marketing strategy mate. Give people that they want.

If there is little interest, should I just leave it to fade away?
Depends on how big your cause is. If it's very BIG then stick to it. 1 year/2 years/5 years/10 years... Be consistent. Someday you will figure out how it should be worked.

PS: I noticed FitToTalk since you launched it but did not find it interesting because there were not many members to hangout but I am changing my mind. I am going to join now to support the cause (assuming the cause is big for you)
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
May 12, 2018, 05:37:15 AM
I signed up for the account, Thank you for creating a playground, a place where I can improve my English. one more time thank you very much
I believe there will be many people involved in your project, try to develop it do not give up
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462
https://JetCash.com
May 12, 2018, 05:20:27 AM
Thanks for your reply, and the link is
http://fittotalk.com/english-talk/index.php

Merit is an award fir posting in the Bitcoin Talk forum, and it would be a breach of the forum's trust if sMerits were awarded for contributions on an alternative website. One other important consideration is the fact that participation should be as a result of a desire to improve English skills, and not to try to seek any rewards from the project. Many internet sites charge for these services.

We do not expect members to post in clear and perfect English. In fact, we want people who have difficulty in expressing themselves to post. If your English is good, then you don't need the site.
Activity: 210
Merit: 4
May 12, 2018, 05:10:57 AM
As some of you know, I started the Fit to Talk English project to help people without English as their first language. Several potentially valuable new members of the forum seemed to be reluctant to post, because of the fear of being attacked as a result of their English skills. I thought that a site where such members could post without fear of attack would be helpful. I was lucky in that some of the senior members here supported the idea. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have been of interest to many of the new members of this forum. This leads to a couple of questions.

Why was the project not supported by those who needed it, and what can I do to improve the project?

Can you send me a link where to find your Fit to Talk English project? First and foremost are people aware of your project? Who are your target people for the project? How many people are you actually expecting to participate? Is this limited to Bitcointalk users? If so maybe the motivation is not sufficient to get people engage in your project. Aside from the fact that people who join your project is expected to be able to express their idea clearly in English you might want to consider putting merit as an additional rewards and perhaps this will be an additional motivation for people to participate in your project. If you send me the link I will check it myself and I can also make referrals to my friends to join your project.

Another suggestion is if you found someone who's post is really bad, you can try to send a personal message and offer your project to them.  Good luck.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462
https://JetCash.com
May 12, 2018, 04:39:57 AM
As some of you know, I started the Fit to Talk English project to help people without English as their first language. Several potentially valuable new members of the forum seemed to be reluctant to post, because of the fear of being attacked as a result of their English skills. I thought that a site where such members could post without fear of attack would be helpful. I was lucky in that some of the senior members here supported the idea. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have been of interest to many of the new members of this forum. This leads to a couple of questions.

Why was the project not supported by those who needed it, and what can I do to improve the project?

Pages:
Jump to: