Pages:
Author

Topic: THE FOMO! - page 3. (Read 12838 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 05, 2019, 09:08:26 AM
Don't you guys think this is still a trap?  Smiley Now that's going to create a a FOMO.
I don't care, I made profit and that's it, it's the nature of the market movement, sometimes it's manipulated but I guess it's up time soon.

Thanks for the poll, I cash my vote already and I am expecting that with this bull run that creates FOMO, we can go as high as $7,000 in this quarter alone.
I think only the blessings of FOMO will never be easy to reach the price of $ 7000 because surely price movements will go up and down and it is difficult to make the price to be expensive if there is no good news that can trigger a rise in the price of bitcoin.

Well if you think about it, btc moved from sub 4k to 5k in a matter of days. So getting to 7k by june isn't impossible. Especially with a lot of people becoming excited over the current trend. It could really start a fomo run but i wouldn't want to jump into that if ever. I'll just stick to the btcs i currently own.
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
April 05, 2019, 08:04:54 AM
Don't you guys think this is still a trap?  Smiley Now that's going to create a a FOMO.
I don't care, I made profit and that's it, it's the nature of the market movement, sometimes it's manipulated but I guess it's up time soon.

Thanks for the poll, I cash my vote already and I am expecting that with this bull run that creates FOMO, we can go as high as $7,000 in this quarter alone.

Much better it it's higher than what we've expected for these days, FOMO or whatsoever. The important is we will benefit everything on what the outcome might bring towards bitcoin price increase. Don't lose hope and never quit with bitcoin, let's keep the situation as normal in times of unpredictable market. We may see good in physical monitor, but eventually it will not be in reality since bear market always dominated the recent price spikes which went down gradually.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 294
www.licx.io
April 05, 2019, 05:39:42 AM
Don't you guys think this is still a trap?  Smiley Now that's going to create a a FOMO.

I think only the blessings of FOMO will never be easy to reach the price of $ 7000 because surely price movements will go up and down and it is difficult to make the price to be expensive if there is no good news that can trigger a rise in the price of bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
April 05, 2019, 05:03:49 AM
a while ago i started a topic here talking about the FOMO that is going to occur when the price rise begins. here is the topic: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/what-do-you-think-the-size-of-the-fomo-going-to-be-when-it-starts-5108231
although there weren't that many votes but it seems like most people got the right answer (the shoot up to $5k) which was the FOMO that i was talking about there. the initial leg up which shoots price upwards $1000 in a couple of hours.

now another question. what do you think the next leg up is going to be? maybe you think there is no FOMO and only a slow rise this time?
lets see how the results are going to be this time...

I'm still not terribly convinced that this is necessarily the start of a new bull market, as some people have already jumped to conclusions about.

Exactly. But we can't stop those who jumped to that conclusions. They need something to spark and it looks like they have seen it and believed that this is a bull run in a making.

We can already see some resistance at the $5k level that is keeping prices down right now. And I'd certainly agree with the fact that the bull rally is pretty much solely fueled by FOMO, and backed by close to no fundamentals. People have been waiting for a spark in the market, it seems.

At least, it slices the $4200 and $4500 resistance so easily and keep going until a big wall in front of us at $5000. Right now the price is playing around that price, and the only logical reasoning why it's hard to go  over it is because there are speculators who are taking profits.

But it does go to show that investors are at least somewhat confident in $3k as a floor, in my opinion. Though, even after the rally the probabilities of regressing down to $4k is present, but I don't think that we'll see new lows being made anymore. The second half of the year should see some pumps of similar nature, given that the halving is occurring in the first half of 2020, which again, will likely spark demand in the market.

That's the good thing though, it looks like $5000 will be the new lows for now. At least for now no more $3000-$3600. And the market seems to be alive, unlike in the last couple of months wherein it was sort of boring for majority.
Activity: 686
Merit: 277
April 05, 2019, 04:24:32 AM
It will be a good thing if FOMO can continue to ginger more investors to come in instead of leaving it to manipulators, without FOMO input, the price might crash easily, whatever increase we wetness from investors out of FOMO has the tendency of staying longer in the market and being used for transactions because FOMO funds are mostly from genuine investors, although each of their investment might be little but the number of investors are what we need the most.

So, let whales continue to play their game, while investment through FOMO also contributes its own, I just hope that these genuine investors will not panic sell when the whales tries to crash the price again.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 605
April 04, 2019, 10:39:27 PM

Activity: 476
Merit: 12
April 04, 2019, 08:00:03 PM
$1000 is a probable target, though from the looks of it, it looks like the movement has lost its steam and is now residing at the gentle arms of $4700 and won't be pushing any higher anytime sooner. The $800-$1000 price increase earlier was so abrupt that it looks like someone just bought a huge number of coins on an exchange and forgot that they might affect the market, although if that was the case, other people may have dumped their coins by now, but the price still stands to where it is until right now.

This is the power of big whale when they started to buy  most people think this is the start of bullrun comeback  but the reality people are being Fomo and follow the price momentum, if this up trend continue well we can say the bull run back butas of now until theres no confirmation youneed to observe carefully the market price.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753
April 04, 2019, 06:59:51 PM
a while ago i started a topic here talking about the FOMO that is going to occur when the price rise begins. here is the topic: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/what-do-you-think-the-size-of-the-fomo-going-to-be-when-it-starts-5108231
although there weren't that many votes but it seems like most people got the right answer (the shoot up to $5k) which was the FOMO that i was talking about there. the initial leg up which shoots price upwards $1000 in a couple of hours.

now another question. what do you think the next leg up is going to be? maybe you think there is no FOMO and only a slow rise this time?

I'm still not terribly convinced that this is necessarily the start of a new bull market, as some people have already jumped to conclusions about.

We can already see some resistance at the $5k level that is keeping prices down right now. And I'd certainly agree with the fact that the bull rally is pretty much solely fueled by FOMO, and backed by close to no fundamentals. People have been waiting for a spark in the market, it seems.

But it does go to show that investors are at least somewhat confident in $3k as a floor, in my opinion. Though, even after the rally the probabilities of regressing down to $4k is present, but I don't think that we'll see new lows being made anymore. The second half of the year should see some pumps of similar nature, given that the halving is occurring in the first half of 2020, which again, will likely spark demand in the market.
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
April 04, 2019, 12:51:45 PM

Fomo exist in every market and we most accept this fat in other not to taking unaware about the happening in the cryptocurrencies market.  The whales are creating alot of FOMO in other to take advantage of those that did not know what influence the movements of a coins especially bitcoin.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
April 04, 2019, 12:01:36 PM
and now we are back above $5000 with a solid slower rise after the correction occurred. i believe it has been a bigger FOMO than i expected and now people are slowly coming back to the market buying bitcoin with the money they have been holding and waiting for the opportunity or signal of rising.
to be honest at this point i am expecting $6k range before the week ends.

Right, I'm under the impression that investors never really left and go to other form of investments. They are just waiting from the outside and wanted to come back if the market conditions improved.

And at the start of this month, the price shoots up, and then the FOMO started to come back because the price is still cheap at of the moment and everyone is scalping come back before the price goes into the $6k. So let's see how it pans out, I'm also expecting $6k at the end of the week, but $5.5 is not bad.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
April 04, 2019, 11:51:24 AM
and now we are back above $5000 with a solid slower rise after the correction occurred. i believe it has been a bigger FOMO than i expected and now people are slowly coming back to the market buying bitcoin with the money they have been holding and waiting for the opportunity or signal of rising.
to be honest at this point i am expecting $6k range before the week ends.
Many of them have beensilent about investing because they were still looking for the best spot to come in and hoping that the price will crash further for them to take advantage of buying it at low, forgetting the fact that we have real time players in the market who can make big changes when they move their funds into the market at any given time, we can see now that majority of them are not rushing to buy out of FOMO, but thank it is still a good time for them to quickly pick up any quantity they can pick so they don’t miss out from the next price you made reference to.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
April 04, 2019, 10:33:51 AM
It has settled around $5000 now. So I guess FOMO had stop a bit.
For now. If you look at the last time we went from $5k to $6k, or fell from $6k back to $5k, there has never really been much resistance at these levels. I suspect with the next upward movement, there will again be a lot of FOMO and we will rapidly jump up towards $6k. Not saying we won't correct downwards before that thought.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
April 04, 2019, 09:40:59 AM
~ snip ~
What? 20 billion dollars would be too much for just one person to pump into the market mate,  even though I myself and many other including some analyst still cannot determine the main factor that contributed to this growth, which I believe will be visible to us soon.

So, I really doubt if it is as a result of just one big investor and if it is, I do hope it’s a genuine investor and not just a whale coming to raise our hope with the intention of dumping on us soon, but I want to strongly believe we got lots of investors for today that are also very rich to do so. Whatever it is, it’s a favorable condition to all of us that are BTC holdlers.

He didn't say $20 billion, the report says it's more of like $100 million to push the price above $1000 in short amount of time. It could be one people or several entities behind, but it was a well orchestrated play on their part.

If the hype will start again just like last year then the FOMO would be to great, and create even more FOMO. I'm in for a FOMO train that escalates to a new all time high. Got the popcorn all stocked up for this summer.

We have some organic growth, not artificial and irrational buyers coming in just to get into the next hype train. We have seen that those who FOMO got burned easily and they are the first to bitch around the community saying they have lost so much money in the market. It has settled around $5000 now. So I guess FOMO had stop a bit.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
April 04, 2019, 08:41:55 AM
It is very glaring here that the rapid increase in the price of Bitcoin was not an unusual one, FOMO must have really played out here and I am sure it will still play out again, many people aside those trading are actually doing more of holding now, especially those who started buying now as a result of FOMO, another one will be created which is expected to shoot bitcoin high to $7000 in a couple of weeks.

I don’t expect to see any form of panic sell for now because we have a lots of investors who are quite wiser now than the previous years.
Activity: 563
Merit: 501
S> Cheap SocialMedia Hype's
April 03, 2019, 03:22:17 PM
If the hype will start again just like last year then the FOMO would be to great, and create even more FOMO. I'm in for a FOMO train that escalates to a new all time high. Got the popcorn all stocked up for this summer.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
April 03, 2019, 02:18:44 PM
Anyway, it could be the right time to max out the cc to buy crypto again.  Lololol.  Cheesy

I wish this wouldn't happen (i.e. people investing with borrowed money) but it's certainly reality with how the price has gone up. Retailers are very sentiment driven, therefore buy because the price goes up, and sell or not buy because the price is going down. I was like that too in the very beginning. I bought the pumps and sold the dumps. Cheesy

The funny thing about retailers is when they start wondering why the price is going down when they buy and up when they sell. It doesn't come up in their mind to do the exact opposite after so many similar mistakes.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
April 03, 2019, 02:09:16 PM
none of the above (a slow rise)
I think this option in the poll should be ruled out as a 20%+ price increase in just two days doesn't show that Bitcoin is a "slow" mover. We all know that this price breakout is not the "slow rise" that we have been expecting for awhile now, this might just be the FOMO doing the price increase of Bitcoin now. If we really want to see Bitcoin not to repeat the 16 months of bear market we shouldn't be happy about this price break out now, so a correction at around 5,200$ to 5,500$ might just fix this price pump.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
April 03, 2019, 01:32:44 PM
I wonder who the buyer (or buyers) was.  I mean it looks like a guy or one group cos all that +20% rise happened in one go for a tad under two hours.  

If you can find out who that is, I think you could at least figure out what's up and have some idea how far this really goes.
What? 20 billion dollars would be too much for just one person to pump into the market mate,  even though I myself and many other including some analyst still cannot determine the main factor that contributed to this growth, which I believe will be visible to us soon.

So, I really doubt if it is as a result of just one big investor and if it is, I do hope it’s a genuine investor and not just a whale coming to raise our hope with the intention of dumping on us soon, but I want to strongly believe we got lots of investors for today that are also very rich to do so. Whatever it is, it’s a favorable condition to all of us that are BTC holdlers.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
April 03, 2019, 11:40:18 AM
It's still a break out from its 3k - 4k USD range tho.  Let's see how it pans out.  It could be the start of a huge trend back to...  I won't even say it (maybe ath.  Lmao).
I was half hoping for another 3 year long bear market, to give me maximum amount of time to accumulate. A little upward movement towards $6k is fine, but I don't want another all time high for at least another year. I'd also much prefer a slow and steady climb up towards $20k again, rather than the ridiculous gains we saw in the last few days and during the bull run at the end of 2017. Those kind of price movements are neither organic nor sustainable.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 255
April 03, 2019, 11:35:53 AM
And its true today's sudden pump is due to FOMO.
I think the 'real' FOMO wave would've kicked in once people woke up and saw the big spike in the price (seems like the sudden increase happened around midnight in USA time, early morning in Europe) and we would've seen another big pump after the first thanks to fomo buyers and we probably would've reached 5k or even a bit more.

It's still a break out from its 3k - 4k USD range tho.  Let's see how it pans out.  It could be the start of a huge trend back to...  I won't even say it (maybe ath.  Lmao).

Anyway, it could be the right time to max out the cc to buy crypto again.  Lololol.  Cheesy

The sudden rise definitely sends signals to come back and invest ones again. Its another opportunity, just don't get your ass hanging when the bubble popped. This is however the earliest possible come back of the bulls, the last time it took them years but this time they just let a year and then back so soon?
Pages:
Jump to: