Pages:
Author

Topic: the fork, is it a blessing to Btc or otherwise - page 2. (Read 475 times)

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
it depends on the fork. not all of them are the same and not all are good for bitcoin. i say a fork is only good for bitcoin as long as it is improving it and also as long as a great deal of users want it.
for example in case of bitcoin cash nobody wanted it to happen but it happened anyways regardless of the consensus. that was bad for bitcoin and as you can see the damage it does to bitcoin is palpable now when they steal our hashrate for a day or so and make bitcoin slower.
Activity: 196
Merit: 109
Hello guys, how are u, we have witness fork several and I want to know your view, if it was a blessing to Btc or otherwise

for me fork is a blessing to me because when fork comes the bitcoin will go so high and i will earn more money when bitcoin fork come.
But sometimes it would be good to think "technical" and not only about price movements and potential profits.
If the fork can accelerate transactions, I am supportive at 100%.
Fees too...

Now that the price of Bitcoin is circa $8000, what will happen if more and more people buy Bitcoin and we have a price over $10k or over $20k with more and more transactions everyday? How will Bitcoin chain deal with that?
Upgrade is an emergency, IMO.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
ADAB ICO
Hello guys, how are u, we have witness fork several and I want to know your view, if it was a blessing to Btc or otherwise

for me fork is a blessing to me because when fork comes the bitcoin will go so high and i will earn more money when bitcoin fork come.
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
as a rule it is always adding some chips to the current network, but it suffers safe from this because over the bitcoin the best minds of the planet have been fighting for 9 years) and forks and alts only have to go this way...
Activity: 146
Merit: 10
The fork is more helpful than the coin. It's undeniable. But we all know that forks can't replace bitcoin
Activity: 766
Merit: 509
If you see the fork as an investor, then you are always going to say that forks have been a blessing because they always made the price go up for a while, and they made it rise from 2k to the actual price, because it made people invest a lot of money in order to get some forked coins for free.
But if you look at it as a real holder, or a bitcoin lover, you are going to realize that all those forks are damaging bitcoin by a lot.. bitcoin cash has stolen a lot of hashpower from bitcoin, because miners are migrating to there.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
Any fork that doesn't actually aim to improve the legacy chain with the community's support is not a blessing to Bitcoin. You've seen the uncertainty that the Segwit2x brought, and how Bitcoin enjoyed an all time high after its cancellation. Even more recently, Bitcoin Cash supporters attacked Bitcoin by spamming small transactions, and we're still feeling the effects of it. As far as I can see, the forks have done no good, and even caused harm to Bitcoin and its community. I suppose people getting airdrops and dumping them for more Bitcoin is good though.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
Bitcoin hardforks definitely has a negative impact in terms of price and in hashpower, as some or most miners tend to just go with the more-profitable chain, rather than the chain which works best.

Long term though, I think forks are healthy as it gives more competition and it probably makes the devs work harder, and think of better solutions to the past, current, and future problems of bitcoin. Forks are to be expected due to the decentralized nature of bitcoin.
Activity: 98
BCH maybe not a blessing because it causes lots of trouble for 150k users ! perhaps btc silver will be a good one.
Activity: 77
Pages:
Jump to: