Pages:
Author

Topic: The freer the market, the freer the people? - page 4. (Read 587 times)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 666
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
Meet halfway there. That would probably be the best type of market out there. Why do you think that after countless centuries we've arrived at an era where the market is basically governed by a body? To ensure fairness and the like, at least, that's what it supposed to be anw. Free market, or heck, freedom for everything is possible if everyone killed their desires. Or even if there's one, if one guy likes this, then the others should also like that.

Also, freedom isn't necessarily a good thing. Sure, it gives us the notion of being able to do whatever you want, but that's the bad thing. You're able to do WHATEVER you want. Even bad things. Get the idea? Freedom is nice and all, but it isn't necessarily the best option to choose.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
The freer the market, the freer the people

Do you agree with that? In this community, the 80% of the members would say yes, because bitcoin is a completely liberal currency. I would just like to know if you disagree or agree and why.

Don't call Bitcoin liberal LOL.

There is no absolute freedom, not in the markets, not among people. Everything is a compromise and the amount of freedom we get is the result of how well we can balance those compromises. Free market in theory is great for personal freedoms but at times it creates some conditions that undermine those freedoms (e.g. monopolies). Then you get government interventions and everything goes to shit. I think it might work better if people were 100% rational and wouldn't make stupid decisions against their own best interest so I'm rooting for AI to take over and pesky humans to become extinct.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
At the rate things are going you have free access to doing anything if you have the money for it/are large enough as a company

For example for profit food, pharmaceutical and medical advertising(/propaganda) have an impact on other countries even without those products or even cause issues with how governments inform citizens...

A free market leads to mostly bad things imo, you get rid of a lot of safety the government could legislate against in favour of false advertising and leading to worse practices...

The same stance here, the market should have some form of fair regulation. We have seen how the non-regulated market been exploited by scammers.  We do not have to look far, we can take the cryptocurrency as an example.  Many people had been scammed of their money because of the lack of regulation in this industry.  Projects that intend to scam or projects that are half baked were launched everywhere asking for people's money and since there are no proper guidelines about it nor a regulation to filter this stuff, many investors lost their money to this kind of scheme.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
At the rate things are going you have free access to doing anything if you have the money for it/are large enough as a company

For example for profit food, pharmaceutical and medical advertising(/propaganda) have an impact on other countries even without those products or even cause issues with how governments inform citizens...

A free market leads to mostly bad things imo, you get rid of a lot of safety the government could legislate against in favour of false advertising and leading to worse practices...
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
The freer the market, the freer the people

Do you agree with that? In this community, the 80% of the members would say yes, because bitcoin is a completely liberal currency. I would just like to know if you disagree or agree and why.

In my opinion, if you leave the market free, both good and bad things will happen, but I think that most of them will be bad. You just can't leave them free. Bitcoin, on the other hand, is something different. It's the thing I exclude from this thought, although, we have left it completely free, and we can see the mountains it has created with its price. Something that isn't good for mankind. Again, in my opinion.
Pages:
Jump to: