Pages:
Author

Topic: The fuel crisis issue in Nigeria and what I found out. - page 2. (Read 214 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 156
I'll continuously ask this same questions:
✓ what are the use of the government owned refineries that we have laying waste, getting dilapidated by each day with no government intentions of revamping them but rather stuck their guns on refining our crude oil outside the country?
✓ Is it that there are underlying factor's holding each administration that comes into power from making use of our refineries in Nigeria or are these foreign refineries owned by those in government in disguise?
✓ Is it not same crude oil we have that other countries such as Saudi also do have and are using it to gainfully develop their country and improve lives of the citizenries or it's ours a curse one?
  like where did we really go wrong as a people!!

Going by the situation, this is election period and the so-called incumbent party in government are still campaigning for us to vote for them. Like on what ground should we vote for them, if we can't have access to fuel at affordable pump price now is it when they come back for another four or eight year again that we will. Like this is insane, ridiculous and inconsiderate on the part of the incumbent government of which they don't deserve our vote this time.

According to our government, they've been doing a turn around maintenance of this refineries for God knows how long. I believe the whole subsidy of a thing, is more like government racketeering. That is where the big Boys in the government are cashing out on large scale.
Activity: 742
Merit: 529
I'll continuously ask this same questions:
✓ what are the use of the government owned refineries that we have laying waste, getting dilapidated by each day with no government intentions of revamping them but rather stuck their guns on refining our crude oil outside the country?
✓ Is it that there are underlying factor's holding each administration that comes into power from making use of our refineries in Nigeria or are these foreign refineries owned by those in government in disguise?
✓ Is it not same crude oil we have that other countries such as Saudi also do have and are using it to gainfully develop their country and improve lives of the citizenries or it's ours a curse one?
  like where did we really go wrong as a people!!

Going by the situation, this is election period and the so-called incumbent party in government are still campaigning for us to vote for them. Like on what ground should we vote for them, if we can't have access to fuel at affordable pump price now is it when they come back for another four or eight year again that we will. Like this is insane, ridiculous and inconsiderate on the part of the incumbent government of which they don't deserve our vote this time.
Activity: 588
Merit: 440
It is well. I saw the news yesterday about the increment to N185 per litre and I also noticed that most media outlets did not broadcast or write about it. Soon we'll get to know if it's true or a rumour.
Activity: 518
Merit: 156
I was able to make some inquiry as to why, we buy fuel at exorbitant amount and still yet the product is not available to buy.

There has been some lingering issue between the independent marketers, NNPC, NUPENG AND PENGASSAN.

on the side of government it is said that, government makes this product available on a subsidized rate, that is government, takes our crude oil overseas, refines it and sell it at a given price, which is officially 140 naira per litre to independent product marketers which in turn sell it at 150 to retailers, and retailers sell it 165 and. (official government rate).

Now here is the intriguing part

On a normal scenario, NNPC upon bringing this refined product to Nigeria, they are supposed to take it to the government owned depot, so that the government scheduled price will be implemented. But rather, NNPC takes this product to private depot and sell it at 180 naira, those private depot sell this product at 190 naira And above to retailers, that is why some retailers are selling around 200 and something Naira and above.

As at today, there is a memo by NNPC, that is going round, that the price of the product has increased to 185, it then means some of us will continue to buy this product at 200 and something Naira and above.

Pages:
Jump to: