Pages:
Author

Topic: the function of stopping a transaction in the middle or the roll back function - page 2. (Read 214 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 1738
14laobmsj3l5t6boxzcrrzrfhgpvhth1lz
This is case sensitive, it should be 14LAoBMsj3L5t6boxZCrrzRFhGpVHTh1Lz. You can ignore the size of the characters in Segwit addresses, but not in P2PKH and P2SH.

If the transaction is stopped in the middle
It is stopped for a few seconds in Bitcoin Core client, that kind of thing is client-specific behaviour, there is nothing to be done at protocol level.

Scammers are getting richer, all of my money is sent just one push.
You should never send all coins in one push. Also, sending some small amount first and checking if it is correctly received is a good idea. The amount 2.15 BTC is huge enough to double or triple check everything before sending, but some kind of stop can be added to the clients, not to the protocol.
a.a
Activity: 126
Merit: 36
1 Day is too late.

You can do a double spend. This means you send BTC with usually the minimum fee. The transaction is now in the mempool. Then you realize that you send it to the wrong address. As long as the transaction is in the mempool, we can still spend the bitcoins. At the moment the transaction moves from the mempool into the blockchain it is fixed and you can not spend anything.

So when you have one faulty transaction you can create a "correct" transaction. To enforce that the bitcoin nodes prefer the "correct" transaction, you have to increase the fee.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I was scammed yesterday.
Transaction ID: e3bac3a90ae7828165e3a7346d8a60c8c495a4b56613422d82f505579259f6f4
the receiving address is 14laobmsj3l5t6boxzcrrzrfhgpvhth1lz.
I realized something wrong right after entering the sending button.
If the transaction is stopped in the middle, the number of bitcoin scam victims can be greatly reduced. just a few-minute difference makes their life miserable.
Human beings can make a mistake and have an opportunity to roll back. But Bitcoin doesn't have the function, which makes many victims suffer from dispair.
Scammers are getting richer, all of my money is sent just one push. It's gone and could not get it back and even find any help. 
Pages:
Jump to: