Author

Topic: The future of the paper money - page 103. (Read 416566 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 506
June 04, 2017, 07:51:06 AM
I think the paper money in the future will replace, this is because the State will use digital money, fundamental things that must be resolved is the paper money of the crime-prone and could not be controlled.

Ignoring Bitcoin and crypto, paper money should have been gone long ago.  Bank debit cards were the first step and then companies and services like Paypal, Apple and Google were the next.  Here in the USA, even those in the lowest income brackets receive their government help through a card and not check or cash.  
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
June 04, 2017, 07:43:44 AM
The future of paper money was still continue, because even digital currency were famous I think paper money was not delete in the people due to most of them were use it daily as exchange of any item that they want to have
- Yes, paper money will continue to exist because it has become the tradition and habit of people all over the world, they will never remove it from their lives. In the future, I think the amount of paper money will decrease because modern technology will grow and digital money will be used more widely but it also will not be able to make paper money disappear. However, this will be a very distant future because digital money has not yet been accepted and it does not create trust for users
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
June 04, 2017, 07:41:13 AM
Andrew Haldane said one solution would be for the Bank of England to issue a state-backed digital currency based on bitcoin. Supporting this initiative would be a negative interest rate levied on paper currency relative to the digital currency, with these measures do you think there is more possibilities that sometime:

Paper money will be banned entirely?
How long do you think that happens?
would it work?
What security and privacy risks would it raise?
And how would public and privately issued monies interact?

Paper money would still exist longer.Most people in the world still don't know about digital transactions and they believe that paper money is the real money which they could feel in their hands.It will take much time for them to change to digital transactions.
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
June 04, 2017, 07:07:54 AM
The future of paper money was still continue, because even digital currency were famous I think paper money was not delete in the people due to most of them were use it daily as exchange of any item that they want to have
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Anryze - Distributed Speech Recognition
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 04, 2017, 05:14:35 AM
I think the paper money in the future will replace, this is because the State will use digital money, fundamental things that must be resolved is the paper money of the crime-prone and could not be controlled.
No. Paper money will still exist along with cryptocurrency because people still need paper money to use for many small purposes in the real life. And we still need someone to control the money so that they can authorized the transaction and avoid scammers
Agree with you mate that paper money will not be replaced by digital currency because not all people can access this crypto currency and we can not used this like a fiat that anywhere and anytime we can buy anything we want.

Yeah and considering that we are currently in a time when there is always a threat of war and terror, it's hard to imagine digital currencies thriving under such circumstances by itself. We will always look to paper money for basic transactions
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Anryze - Distributed Speech Recognition
June 04, 2017, 04:38:06 AM
No. Paper money will still exist along with cryptocurrency because people still need paper money to use for many small purposes in the real life. And we still need someone to control the money so that they can authorized the transaction and avoid scammers

I second this. Also, when I think about if paper money can be removed completely, many issues come up, like how do you leave a tip, or in many places, paper money is given as a gift, or as a feeling of gratitude. So, may be it will be possible to limit the amount of paper money to very less, and leave large transactions to digital.

The biggest problems with paper money is it's untraceable and unaccountable. So, once it's printed, you have no way to know where it went, leading to a black economy and corruption. So, if it's circulation is discouraged, and some incentives given for digital transactions, then it could be possible to limit the amount of paper money.
Activity: 406
June 04, 2017, 04:35:01 AM
Agree with you mate that paper money will not be replaced by digital currency because not all people can access this crypto currency and we can not used this like a fiat that anywhere and anytime we can buy anything we want.
Mr
Activity: 309
June 04, 2017, 04:31:55 AM
Activity: 109
Merit: 100
June 04, 2017, 04:01:57 AM
Paper money will still exist, although maybe the value of transactions that happened not as much as a few years ago, the more progressive world where people continue to innovate to create things faster, practical and mobile. Bitcoin is another option as a means of payment. Paper money, credit cards and bitcoins are what i have today for my use in transactions.
The fact is that the very meaning of paper money can soon be a thing of the past, But with it humanity will not stop using Fiat and all because in this I will be helped by credit cards and other cards of banking institutions.
Activity: 490
June 04, 2017, 03:23:03 AM
Paper money will still exist, although maybe the value of transactions that happened not as much as a few years ago, the more progressive world where people continue to innovate to create things faster, practical and mobile. Bitcoin is another option as a means of payment. Paper money, credit cards and bitcoins are what i have today for my use in transactions.
Activity: 980
Merit: 507
June 03, 2017, 04:08:30 PM
I don't think that bitcoin will replace paper currency in the near future and the situations that will rise even if it does will be terrible.
Bitcoin has many issues that it has to solve and if bitcoin replaces paper currency and paper currency gets banned in a few years,I guess then the whole world economy will fail if not dealt properly.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
June 03, 2017, 02:05:32 AM
The concept of crypto currency looks to have a future. The removal of intermediaries and humans in the exchange of trade and value could be fast and seamless but we are ready and the politicians will allow it.
As things all around is getting digitised, hope the future will be much dependent on the cryptocurrency network. Paper money won't get eliminated, some might give digital value to the paper money. Paper money serve to be the primary source for spending, after which the cards and bitcoin might get used. In future just the usage of paper money decreases.
Activity: 1043
Merit: 500
June 03, 2017, 01:58:26 AM
The concept of crypto currency looks to have a future. The removal of intermediaries and humans in the exchange of trade and value could be fast and seamless but we are ready and the politicians will allow it.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
June 03, 2017, 01:44:20 AM
Although the use of digital money and bitcoin is getting bigger, but the use of paper money will continues to exist and never disappear because the paper money is a symbol of the State, looks document and still use paper.
This is absolutely correct, not even in my dreams where I believe paper money will be eliminated in this world because  a world that is fully digital is a very dangerous world to live. Manipulation will come and the risk is if you are too careless you money will be stolen easily, of course not the majority of the people can adopt with the digital world, we do not have a fair education.
Activity: 573
Merit: 251
June 03, 2017, 01:29:28 AM
Although the use of digital money and bitcoin is getting bigger, but the use of paper money will continues to exist and never disappear because the paper money is a symbol of the State, looks document and still use paper.
Activity: 714
June 03, 2017, 01:17:36 AM
Maybe, someday digital money will be the main, but I think paper money will never be eliminated, because paper money is a currency that is simple and easy to use. I think it's the perfect shape to use in the real world.
There is some dissadvantage of paper money that will makes people think twice to keep using it. First, the endelss printing will make it worthless, second it is easily rip and burn, third exchange money is always needed so it is not so practicall to use.
Activity: 420
Merit: 282
June 02, 2017, 11:28:43 PM
I think paper money were still exist in any country or nation  because paper money symbolize amount of currency of each country also, tons of year before it disappear. Also, most of the people were not sure to the digital currency. But I was hoping that all people were wake up and see the beauty of digital currency.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 448
June 02, 2017, 10:19:28 PM
Maybe, someday digital money will be the main, but I think paper money will never be eliminated, because paper money is a currency that is simple and easy to use. I think it's the perfect shape to use in the real world.
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
June 02, 2017, 09:06:11 PM
Jump to: