Author

Topic: The future of the paper money - page 136. (Read 416566 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 251
February 28, 2017, 02:01:58 PM
think about paper money, I think it will still always be used. remember this is very much an update of paper money, I think it will still be used as legal tender in the future. it is also the easiest form to use as money.
There will be a time when paper money will give way to electronic money in the future .But for that to happen it will take a really long time as you really cannot implement those things all of a sudden.People have to be educated about the use of online banking and only through that we could reduce the usage of paper money.
You are absolutely right its need too much time even in developed countries for developing countries its can take more then centuries because they have nothing about this right now its need some basic human necessaries like education , electricity and access to internet which is not available right now for them
Activity: 361
Merit: 100
February 28, 2017, 10:04:12 AM
think about paper money, I think it will still always be used. remember this is very much an update of paper money, I think it will still be used as legal tender in the future. it is also the easiest form to use as money.
There will be a time when paper money will give way to electronic money in the future .But for that to happen it will take a really long time as you really cannot implement those things all of a sudden.People have to be educated about the use of online banking and only through that we could reduce the usage of paper money.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
February 28, 2017, 06:50:36 AM
In the future, paper money will disappear, it will be replaced by another currency. In other words, paper money will become worthless because many countries print more money to stimulate the economy, the value of paper money will decrease serious. And i think electronic money will be the main currency in the future because it safe, fast and ensure transparency
paper money will not be replaced with another currency. paper money only will rejuvenate become more sophisticated and more flexible. The new version will be even more likely to be digital

Well i think the future of paper money is it will still be in our future. I agree that technology right niw is in a very fast pace but think about it, there are still a lot of countries that can't catch up with how fast technology is. Digital currency may become one of the top currencies that world will use in the future but i don't think paper moneybwould be obsolete in any way because a lot of people will still have a need for it's use
I agree with what you are saying. People are using the internet and technology more everyday and it is being used by almost every one.
But paper money will always be there because maybe one day there won't be internet then nobody can use there money and that's why paper money will stay
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
February 28, 2017, 06:39:10 AM
Simple solutions are most effective, so I think that cash will survive all more advanced means of payment. It can be used anywhere, by anyone and anytime. you don't need network access or even electricity. It's hard to track down and easy to hide (that depends on amount). However, paper money can be counterfeited, it's also vulnerable to fire, flood and many other hazards. I think that one day we will back to money based on rare ores, like gold and silver.

We are not going back to that point in life where we have to weigh those rare metals in exchange of what we want[1], that is more primitive and I think not efficient of conserving our resources. That would just raise the price of those metals and makes it difficult to make transaction where there is a scarcity of those.

What I see as a [2]solution to that is to produce paper money that are resilient from fire, and any disasters, which I think is not going to happen that easy, paper money printing is also a business and the cost of it too.

[2] Should it really be paper money? I don't think the materials will still be paper if it can survive disasters and all that. Even gold will be melted by fire. Even other materials will be destroyed by a disaster. It's an absurd idea to produce a paper money that is very durable because it will consume a lot of resources (imagine re-printing all the paper money) and paper money is nothing but a measure of unit (i.e. currency).

This is where the age of digital money takes over. Digital data can't be destroyed by any disaster and it can't be burnt or melted by fire since it's just a data. It's simply a stream of zeros and ones all saved on the Internet.

[1] Actually, we might. When all of the things has destroyed by calamity, war, science, or whatever the future has to offer, we will go back to the same style of living in the past. In other words, the progress of human kind will fall back depending on how much was destroyed. By the time when all of these modern stuffs wasn't discovered yet, gold and other metals are valuable.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
February 27, 2017, 10:08:43 PM
Simple solutions are most effective, so I think that cash will survive all more advanced means of payment. It can be used anywhere, by anyone and anytime. you don't need network access or even electricity. It's hard to track down and easy to hide (that depends on amount). However, paper money can be counterfeited, it's also vulnerable to fire, flood and many other hazards. I think that one day we will back to money based on rare ores, like gold and silver.

We are not going back to that point in life where we have to weigh those rare metals in exchange of what we want, that is more primitive and I think not efficient of conserving our resources. That would just raise the price of those metals and makes it difficult to make transaction where there is a scarcity of those.

What I see as a solution to that is to produce paper money that are resilient from fire, and any disasters, which I think is not going to happen that easy, paper money printing is also a business and the cost of it too.
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
February 27, 2017, 03:05:42 PM
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
February 27, 2017, 02:59:13 PM
In the future, paper money will disappear, it will be replaced by another currency. In other words, paper money will become worthless because many countries print more money to stimulate the economy, the value of paper money will decrease serious. And i think electronic money will be the main currency in the future because it safe, fast and ensure transparency
paper money will not be replaced with another currency. paper money only will rejuvenate become more sophisticated and more flexible. The new version will be even more likely to be digital

Well i think the future of paper money is it will still be in our future. I agree that technology right niw is in a very fast pace but think about it, there are still a lot of countries that can't catch up with how fast technology is. Digital currency may become one of the top currencies that world will use in the future but i don't think paper moneybwould be obsolete in any way because a lot of people will still have a need for it's use
yes the use of technology is increasing from time to time and now i can expect that bitcoin is the future of money and hope that very soon the majority of the people will be using bitcoin for buying and selling in their local shops.
yes there is no doubt that bitcoin is the future money money, because the use of bitcoin is increasing continuously and more and more people are entering in the world of bitcoin, and specially for online purpose people have already changed their option to bitcoin.

I doubt that Bitcoin is the future of money, remember it needs to be adopted by the government and use it as a main currency or recognized as main currency by majority of the nation in the world, and I doubt that will happen.  I believe that the technology of Bitcoin will be used and will kill paper money eventually.
Well, maybe one day it will happen. but, I think, to see the benefits bitcoin to increase illegal transaction will make the government rethink to make bitcoin currency became legal to use. perhaps, very easy to track transactions with paper money if it is done online, but it will be very difficult to track shipments bitcoin happens anonymously. but, I believe, one day bitcoin will make paper money disappear.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 348
February 27, 2017, 02:20:36 PM

yes the use of technology is increasing from time to time and now i can expect that bitcoin is the future of money and hope that very soon the majority of the people will be using bitcoin for buying and selling in their local shops.
yes there is no doubt that bitcoin is the future money money, because the use of bitcoin is increasing continuously and more and more people are entering in the world of bitcoin, and specially for online purpose people have already changed their option to bitcoin.

I doubt that Bitcoin is the future of money, remember it needs to be adopted by the government and use it as a main currency or recognized as main currency by majority of the nation in the world, and I doubt that will happen.  I believe that the technology of Bitcoin will be used and will kill paper money eventually.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 623
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
February 27, 2017, 02:14:26 PM

No for me it will not a future money but we can use it as alternative payment method online.. and to use for buying products and services online..  instead of replacing any other money the use of bitcoin is good onliy for online alternatives like vcc that you can shop online using bitcoin..
Activity: 588
February 27, 2017, 01:56:55 PM

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
February 27, 2017, 12:05:52 PM
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
February 27, 2017, 11:51:17 AM

10 or even 20 years later, we still have to depend on paper money. We can not deny its benefit and it is easy to understand and use in many place. Moreover, many countries, such as Africa or some in Asia, are poor. The majority of the people in those countries do not have a chance to communicate with technology, to interact with new inventions. Therefore, Bitcoin and cryptocurrency can not replace fiat in this century.
That might not be entirely true, the majority of the third world countries have already internet access and there are many programs that are trying to improve the quality of life and bring the new technologies to everyone.

Addition to that,  we are talking about 10 years 20 years a lot can happen in that time plus using cryptocurrencies in the future should be an option of payment for those who can just like credit cards not everyone uses it.
Activity: 630
February 26, 2017, 04:14:31 PM

10 or even 20 years later, we still have to depend on paper money. We can not deny its benefit and it is easy to understand and use in many place. Moreover, many countries, such as Africa or some in Asia, are poor. The majority of the people in those countries do not have a chance to communicate with technology, to interact with new inventions. Therefore, Bitcoin and cryptocurrency can not replace fiat in this century.
i think even after 20 years we will still be depending on paper money, paper money will exist tell the time when all the people of the world will start using bitcoin not only online but in local shops only and when hey will become able to purchase everything using bitcoin.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
February 26, 2017, 11:51:34 AM

for 10-20 years in the future I'm sure there are people or some people use paper money. digitial currency developments also took a long time to correct use by everyone in the world

If the bitcoin is easy to use, more people will use it.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
February 25, 2017, 08:19:45 PM

for 10-20 years in the future I'm sure there are people or some people use paper money. digitial currency developments also took a long time to correct use by everyone in the world
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
February 25, 2017, 07:59:50 PM

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
February 25, 2017, 03:22:10 PM
No big difference. Any physical object that will replace the money will bring the same problems. In the digital money is not for the problem. Paper money will be a very long time.

One major problem with digital money is that the government can just add more funds on their wallet whenever they want. They own all of those money, then of course they can do whatever they want. It's basically the same thing as what they do with paper money. The only difference is that it's much easier to do in digital money. They only have to add some numbers, then Voila! instant billions worth of your fiat. The value of your fiat will decrease accordingly as well

You are just spreading yourself on purely speculative basis

Even in the case of digital money it is not so simple to add more funds (money) to the economy. Japan has been trying to do just that since the late 1980s (when they entered what is called a deflationary spiral), and it doesn't work as intended. You can't just create some digits in the server room of a central bank since you still have to push all this new money into economy somehow. In other words, there should be a working mechanism to make this money enter the economy properly. Today, the primary channel for injecting new money is through commercial banks giving out loans. But if no one is borrowing, how are you going to make this fresh money work?
Activity: 854
February 25, 2017, 11:03:24 AM

Activity: 924
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 25, 2017, 10:59:31 AM

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1290
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
February 25, 2017, 06:39:24 AM
Paper money might still exist in the future since it has long been trusted by many to be used. There is also a possibility that fiat currencies in the future are in the form of crypto-currency, digital currencies that will be backed by government and not bitcoin since they like their currency to be controllable by them, the government. There is a chance that bitcoin is still alive at that time but it will just be another payment method online.
There is no "might exist" because it will really exist until the future. The government will have anymore ideas on what is a better currency than what they have now. Also Fiat now has a form in cryptocurrency, this is what banks does. Converting your money into debit, you can even make it a credit account. No one will ever try to form a fiat currency into a Virtual money currency because it will be useless.
You understand that digital money there until the system is working, there is an Internet and electricity. If you remove these factors, it is clear that the paper money is more stable than digital.
so what if we remove paper out of this world? What would you use for money?  The world is changing and you have to accept that truth that paper money can not supply all of our demands. We have to evolve and use new technology in order to become stronger and smarter. That is the purpose of being a human
Probably when it comes to the supply both can exist but it's not the only factor that must be considered in this world, it is more important on how people would accept such changes or just stick to the old one for their own benefits. Some people wants a very fast and easy transaction because it's already a big part of their activities in life do do business as normal but there are people also who do not need to do such and they can still survive in this world. What I'm trying to say is both should co-exist to fill up different demands.
Jump to: