Pages:
Author

Topic: The future of the paper money - page 92. (Read 416565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
June 29, 2017, 06:25:28 PM
There are already attempts to limit the use of paper money, but you still have to use the Fiat money in electronical form. This means that they can still create money from nothing. I doubt that they will introduce a money system based on bitcoin, because the banks wants to keep the control of it.
Yeah paper money will disappear does not mean the government will adopt bitcoin to replace paper money. Lol it is something impossible in my opinion. I'm sure the government before their lost paper money will create a new currency system to replace paper money
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
June 29, 2017, 03:05:46 PM
I think the future of the paper money is not too bright. Even now credit card payment nearly surpasses the use of cash. I dınt think in the near future the paper money will disappear but the usage is decreasing. After the crypto money, the usage will decrease even more. But please do not forget that even to buy crypto u need some cash for now or maybe credit card Smiley

It's true only.Many started online transaction for their purchase and all.The future of paper currency is very very low.Since many use Online transaction ,the usage of paper money will reduce. If it's continue means,the  paper money will not exist in future.

You are talking about developed countries with a strong economy. But there are many countries where cash is mainly used. In these countries there is no infrastructure for using digital currency
Activity: 1148
Merit: 523
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 29, 2017, 11:31:55 AM
I think the future of the paper money is not too bright. Even now credit card payment nearly surpasses the use of cash. I dınt think in the near future the paper money will disappear but the usage is decreasing. After the crypto money, the usage will decrease even more. But please do not forget that even to buy crypto u need some cash for now or maybe credit card Smiley

It's true only.Many started online transaction for their purchase and all.The future of paper currency is very very low.Since many use Online transaction ,the usage of paper money will reduce. If it's continue means,the  paper money will not exist in future.
Activity: 994
Merit: 391
June 29, 2017, 08:38:50 AM
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 29, 2017, 07:40:38 AM
Until a digital currency works offline paper money will always be around and be useful and any attempt to remove it would be met with protests. I really don't see why some people seem to think bitcoin is a replacement for fiat money, they both serve their own purposes and can work well together.
I actually would not underestimate the possibilities and potential of paper money, because today more than half of humanity Only thanks to them can afford some kind of shopping. Not everyone recognizes the banking sphere and credit cards and I'm not talking about the crypto currency. Therefore, paper money will continue to be used for a long time.

Lol. I don't see how a digital currency can work offline as by the definition of it, it needs intermet connection to function. That's easily the reason why paper money can't go out of use. We can't really go exclusively digital as there will be transactions that won't support a paperless system.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 950
fly or die
June 28, 2017, 11:17:01 PM
Paper money would still exist.It could not be avoided completely.Even indian government decided to encourage digital payments and banned high value notes.But it turned to be useless.People felt comfort in staying only with paper money.Also,more people still don't know about digital transactions and they don't even have debit or credit card.So paper money would continue to exist.

India is still a developing country. And the government rushed things. For example many people didn't have a bank account until the government pushed for everyone to have one.

In France this happened in the 70's. You pretty much can't live in France without a bank account. Almost 50 years later we still have bills and coins. They're just not that important in our life, we can pay anything with a card.
Activity: 632
Merit: 250
June 28, 2017, 08:56:40 AM
Until a digital currency works offline paper money will always be around and be useful and any attempt to remove it would be met with protests. I really don't see why some people seem to think bitcoin is a replacement for fiat money, they both serve their own purposes and can work well together.
I actually would not underestimate the possibilities and potential of paper money, because today more than half of humanity Only thanks to them can afford some kind of shopping. Not everyone recognizes the banking sphere and credit cards and I'm not talking about the crypto currency. Therefore, paper money will continue to be used for a long time.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
June 28, 2017, 07:28:00 AM
I think the paper money is gonna disappear for good because the digital currency's are the future, you also can see online payments are getting more standard and also in real life its easier.
I think it will never disappear for good but the amount will lower for sure.

I have to disagree with you Digital Currency is not even back up by the government yet. Do you think they will agree on a currency in which they don't have full control on it? I guess not because you are endangering the country especially their economy. The only way that Fiat currency will disappear is when the government creates its own cryptocurrency. And for your information that online payment you are saying from credit cards and debit cards are funded by Fiat currency.

Yes I agree with you.  The government will not pursue on this kind of currency if they will not benefit from it.  And actually many digital currency were created in favor of their currency of for their native users.  Though it would be really hard for the government to engage in this kind of currency as there would be many studies and plans to consider before enabling a digital currency to operate on one's country.
The government will try their best to get some benefits from bitcoin they might charge some tax in bitcoin even it looks impossible but who knows? They will not accept bitcoin unless they can't get benefit or make money from it. Bitcoin is one of the decentralized currency so even though government like being centralized it is still an advantage for them because they don't have any competitor in bitcoin because they are all free in using it.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
June 28, 2017, 05:44:43 AM
I think the paper money is gonna disappear for good because the digital currency's are the future, you also can see online payments are getting more standard and also in real life its easier.

I have to disagree with you Digital Currency is not even back up by the government yet. Do you think they will agree on a currency in which they don't have full control on it? I guess not because you are endangering the country especially their economy. The only way that Fiat currency will disappear is when the government creates its own cryptocurrency. And for your information that online payment you are saying from credit cards and debit cards are funded by Fiat currency.

Yes I agree with you.  The government will not pursue on this kind of currency if they will not benefit from it.  And actually many digital currency were created in favor of their currency of for their native users.  Though it would be really hard for the government to engage in this kind of currency as there would be many studies and plans to consider before enabling a digital currency to operate on one's country.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
June 28, 2017, 03:04:19 AM

Activity: 490
Merit: 501
June 28, 2017, 02:45:43 AM
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
June 28, 2017, 02:43:01 AM
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
June 28, 2017, 02:40:10 AM
Paper money would still exist.It could not be avoided completely.Even indian government decided to encourage digital payments and banned high value notes.But it turned to be useless.People felt comfort in staying only with paper money.Also,more people still don't know about digital transactions and they don't even have debit or credit card.So paper money would continue to exist.
This is the fact, whatever changes of the financial system and india just declared bitcoin as legal but it does not affect the
circulation of paper money, the users are the one who will decide and they all love to stay with their comfort level.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
June 28, 2017, 01:46:29 AM
Activity: 308
June 28, 2017, 01:40:24 AM
i dont say its a capital revolution but paper money into 10 to 20 years will dissapear into developed countries no more printed money into bill notes or coins that its becoming digital and digital currency will not evolve much cause euro and dollar and yen are already digital soo the coin digital currencies must be off the bad markets to become more stable.
Activity: 406
https://gexcrypto.io
June 28, 2017, 01:38:51 AM
Andrew Haldane said one solution would be for the Bank of England to issue a state-backed digital currency based on bitcoin. Supporting this initiative would be a negative interest rate levied on paper currency relative to the digital currency, with these measures do you think there is more possibilities that sometime:

Paper money will be banned entirely?
How long do you think that happens?
would it work?
What security and privacy risks would it raise?
And how would public and privately issued monies interact?

Paper money will never vanish in a slow developing country. Paper money is essential for every people. It is more easy to use and people are used on having this. On the other hand, the future currency maybe not require paper money in the future. Developed countries are potential on doing this. Specifically, bitcoin may be a predominant means of having wealth.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 605
June 27, 2017, 11:43:52 PM
The future of paper money is safe and it doesn't have any threat from bitcoins as the users of paper money are too high and even in future it will continue to increase with an increase in population and it also holds support from the Government and Society and that makes it more powerful and popular currency in compare to bitcoins as of now very few people are using bitcoins.
I completely agree, bitcoin was never a threat to the government, instead it gives more convenient to people to transact and give
them as well the chance to invest. That is something we have to realized because paper money is very strong to be replace by bitcoin.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 264
bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON
June 27, 2017, 11:24:31 PM
The future of paper money is safe and it doesn't have any threat from bitcoins as the users of paper money are too high and even in future it will continue to increase with an increase in population and it also holds support from the Government and Society and that makes it more powerful and popular currency in compare to bitcoins as of now very few people are using bitcoins.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
June 27, 2017, 06:08:21 PM
Paper money is more convenient for small calculations. Subconsciously, people trust more what we can see and touch. Governments benefit in having only electronic money because they are easier to control, but they can't completely abandon cash. In the future, paper money will disappear, but it will not be soon.
yes currency paper money is convenient for small calculations but in future we can expect that it will be more easy and convenient to use bitcoin instead of fat currency and people will give more preference to bitcoin instead of fiat currency.
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
June 27, 2017, 05:52:51 PM
Fiat money won't disappear anytime soon. Not in the next century in my humble opinion.

Paper money, as in bills and metal coins, that will disappear, no doubt about it. Useage has already been reduced drastically, in less than 10 years it will be almost nothing.

In addition to you, it will never disappear... Soon or lately... Bitcoin has different dynamics than conventional economic system.
Pages:
Jump to: