Pages:
Author

Topic: The Future: Trustless Decentralized Identity - page 2. (Read 217 times)

copper member
Activity: 97
Merit: 2
February 12, 2023, 07:08:19 AM

For example IDENA and its Proof of Person network. It does not need any sensitive data. 1 node = 1 vote. Sybil resistance achieved by Turing test.

What Idena does well is the flips, this is a brilliant concept.

A Decentralized Identity should be both secure and simple.

Idena is very secure but so secure that it makes it difficult for a user in my opinion.

Just to name a few things invitation codes, first time registration only possible every 18 days, a lot of time needed to solve flips.

I think it works for nodes/validators but will this work for the general public? Definitely not it needs to be simpler.

I think the 3DPass approach is simpler for the user.

Use the app to scan Biometric data (Transaction fee needed)-> Algorithm checks whether this is new or already on the blockchain --> Decentralized ID is issued or recovered

That's it

One downside that I just thought about on trustless decentralized identity solutions is age verification. I'm sure in the future age verification will be needed to access age appropriate dApps. This issue seems very difficult to tackle in a decentralized manner.
copper member
February 12, 2023, 05:42:02 AM
I believe that a digital identity will be essential in the future as part of the evolution to Web3

There are a lot of challenges to getting this implemented in a way that is good for society and individuals.

Let me know what your thoughts? I'm especially interest in feedback on the Infographic below as well as other projects tackling this issue or even any comments you have in general on digital identity.

If future Web3 Trustless Decentralized Identity would be based on Biometric Data ... the worst thing you can do is to share it with random project in ICO stage for few pennies. Why this data is needed for? To prove that you are the owner of identity? Thats why private key is for. To collect sensitive data and run away? Most likely. To avoid sybil attacks? Maybe but there are better alternatives that does not force you to expose to unlimited risks.

@Tytanowy Janusz I understand your concern.

My thinking is that Biometric data alone without anything else is OK.

The issue with most other projects and even ancestry websites is they also have your other details and this makes you very easy to identify.

As long as it’s only Biometric data which will also be encrypted this should not be an issue. The issue is when you combine Biometric data with name, address or any other data which can identify you and is accessible.

There is no ICO and no coins provided on 3DPass. If anything there would be a small cost for the computation needed to perform the check and issue the new ID (gas fee). The data is also encrypted so nobody has access to it besides the user.

There are too many use cases for a decentralized ID but what I agree with is this will be useless if it’s standalone. It needs to be used as part of Web3 ecosystem whether it’s as part of a Smart Contract, governance or a dApp.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
February 12, 2023, 04:19:53 AM
I believe that a digital identity will be essential in the future as part of the evolution to Web3

There are a lot of challenges to getting this implemented in a way that is good for society and individuals.

Let me know what your thoughts? I'm especially interest in feedback on the Infographic below as well as other projects tackling this issue or even any comments you have in general on digital identity.

If future Web3 Trustless Decentralized Identity would be based on Biometric Data ... the worst thing you can do is to share it with random project in ICO stage for few pennies. Why this data is needed for? To prove that you are the owner of identity? Thats why private key is for. To collect sensitive data and run away? Most likely. To avoid sybil attacks? Maybe but there are better alternatives that does not force you to expose to unlimited risks.

For example IDENA and its Proof of Person network. It does not need any sensitive data. 1 node = 1 vote. Sybil resistance achieved by Turing test.
copper member
February 11, 2023, 08:16:58 AM

You want to ideally meet the following criteria;

- Issued in a decentralized trustless manner
- Universally Recognized
- Secure
- Encrypted
- Recoverable

I have come up with a proposal on 3DPass in the below infographic on how this could be addressed.

This is by no means perfect but I truly believe this is better than anything I've seen anywhere so far.

The main issue which is still being discussed is what happens if someone steals your private keys.

Pages:
Jump to: