Pages:
Author

Topic: The game is getting hilariously apparent... - page 2. (Read 420 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
January 24, 2018, 12:14:13 PM
What can not be denied right now is that when Bitcoin is sluggish or not surging there will always be FUDs flying around predicting a very gloomy state for Bitcoin. I have read someone (he is identified as an expert) who is predicting that within this year Bitcoin can go as low as $1000 and there are also others projecting the eventual demise of Bitcoin...well even in the cryptocurrency market the competition is getting intense so that Bitcoin rivals are hoping that what they are endorsing will eventually kick Bitcoin to the garbage can soon. There are also those who are comparing Bitcoin to MySpace in the social media scene where Facebook remains to be the king ATM. These and more can be the reasons why I am longing for Bitcoin to make another round of surge way beyond the most important barrier which is the $20K level.
Activity: 98
Merit: 5
January 24, 2018, 12:14:05 PM
I have no clue what will happen but I agree that inevitable international regulation will stabilize the market and bring in capital.

One point: cryptocurrency is extremely technology-centered. Every day Bill Gates worried about some new innovation that could kill Microsoft, even as Microsoft grew to dominate. This technology-based open source fork heavy cryptocurrency market is wildly unpredictable, at least in terms of who will dominate. I do think the market overall will grow tremendously though.
Activity: 208
Merit: 117
January 24, 2018, 12:04:24 PM
Typically I stay out of the speculative nature on price. I will make point's normally from a pretty safe position, observe and report, scientific method style with BitsBeTrippin. Things like this piece of hardware, with these settings, here is the power, output in hash, and rate of return given X difficulty and spot price at the time. Just facts, people can independently verify. So stepping out of that and taking in the range of speculative price targets that the mass media, market watch, 'analyst' and insert_random_dude_calling_BTC price call, i cant help but to make a observation and come out of the shell a little to make a statement.

All of the fud, price targets and bs around Bitcoin right now is a collective attempt to have the folks that missed out to get your coins at a cheaper price. People that's jobs are to find the next deal, make money with other people's money and understand wealth growth are not wanting to pay 19k, 15k, even 10k for your btc. They want to buy in as cheap as possible and are going to produce a news cycle manipulating every analyst they can to keep that price suppressed. It's what I would call financial physics .... apply enough pressure on the price spring and you compress any tension that is driving the spring back up.

Bitcoin has the Name, Branding, History, Utility (regardless of cost of transaction), Finality and right level of Finiteness (rarity) that will ultimately push it toward a true global store of value. No matter what any one individual, government, alt coin (features) say. Period. There are more than enough people in this world that hold Bitcoin as the proverbial Holy Grail and it continues the defacto standard through it all.

I would propose that in the coming weeks a few key points are going to occur:

• Additional regulation will be disclosed by both US and Europe, mainly centric around KYC requirements (will embolden the entire sector, onboarding additional capital, waiting for this event)
  • Extensive price pressure on proverbial price spring will succumb and when it starts its climb up, its going to be rapid, bursting through ATH
  • The fruit of the efforts over past 6 months (project progress over 3rd/4th quarter released at end of 1st qtr this year), which will show additional innovation in the space, driving more confidence
  • Other big cash-liquid players will enter in the space officially, given a global competitor to Coinbase, You don't make that kind of money and not get competition. By 2nd Qtr Announce, 3rd Qtr operational

Bottom line, if you have BTC, if your selling, your giving someone nearly a 50% discount on your coins vs ATH. flip side, any fiat you put in now, your looking at a min. of a 50% gain vs. ATH.

**I am not a financial adviser / I am not an accredited trader ; That being said, I read the same analysis as all of you and have been in the space since 2011, mining, educating and attending the various industry events. Welcome counter points .. diverse perspectives are good.
Pages:
Jump to: