Pages:
Author

Topic: The Hassle of Using Bitcoin In Everyday Life - page 3. (Read 1266 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 01, 2017, 10:01:25 PM
For me it is not a hassle, despite it is not known to many in our place and you can count on your fingers a store that accepts bitcoin as payment. It is about perspective, why we have to force bitcoin that is it not yet ready, or our community to adopt it. Use bitcoin where it is accepted, bitcoin is a digital currency and it is very useful in an online transaction. It is very inconvenient for me to go outside and make a long bee line to make a payment for a single bill. That scenario makes hassle for me.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
September 01, 2017, 09:59:52 PM
OK, every time I spend bitcoin I instantly regret it.   Lately that is. And that's because of the deflationary nature of it.  There's no way in hell you'll catch me complaining about the dearth of merchants that accept it.  I'd much rather use fiat for buying stuff and keep btc in my wallet.   Does anyone feel the same?

I did buy some junk silver recenty--and here we are pushing $5000!  I don't regret it,  but that shows you the opportunity cost of spending btc.
Activity: 686
Merit: 146
September 01, 2017, 09:46:52 PM
Well, you're situation is definitely better than in my country. There's no Bitcoin debit cards, and just like you there are no actual stores which accept Bitcoin as a payment system. Not many people know about Bitcoin as well, and you'd have to exchange your BTC into fiat for you to be able to spend it. The bitcoin users in my country aren't given that much options either.

Anyway, I plan to hold my bitcoins rather than spend so I don't mind that much. Also, the local exchange wallet provides fast and easy service for those who want to exchange their BTC into local fiat currency.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
September 01, 2017, 09:27:43 PM
Is it just me?

Save using gift cards, or the rate app portal, I basically have no choice but to use a bitcoin debit card if I actually want to spend my BTC. I have never actually seen a real store that actually accepts bitcoin. At least a brick and mortar. I live in NC, near the SC border. save the Research Triangle, bitcoin is still absolutely unknown in these parts. Is it better in more metropolitan areas, or is this pretty much the case across the whole US?

I live between New York and Philadelphia; even in the cities, I haven't come across any places that accept bitcoin. Like you said, bitcoin-linked debit cards are basically the only option right now if you want to actually spend your bitcoin; selling them on an exchange is quick, but then you have to transfer the money out, which takes at least a day. It's not ready to be used for everyday transactions large-scale yet anyway, transactions are far too slow. Nobody wants to wait an hour and a half for 3 confirmations just to pay for their groceries. Running errands would be impossible without planning it all out hours before.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
September 01, 2017, 08:40:43 PM
yes I myself do admit it is not too much, store stores that provide payment by using bitcoin, maybe not in your own region, in my region also there is no store payment provider using bitcoin, most bitcoin for online payment ,, my suggestion do you need to go to the metropolitan city to get a store service that serves payments using bitcoins.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
September 01, 2017, 08:35:16 PM
Is it just me?

Save using gift cards, or the rate app portal, I basically have no choice but to use a bitcoin debit card if I actually want to spend my BTC. I have never actually seen a real store that actually accepts bitcoin. At least a brick and mortar. I live in NC, near the SC border. save the Research Triangle, bitcoin is still absolutely unknown in these parts. Is it better in more metropolitan areas, or is this pretty much the case across the whole US?

Yeah I face the same issue, whenever I want to make a purchase I am forced to use my debit card or just paypal. I can't make any transactions using Bitcoin online and in real life, I haven't ever seen a "Bitcoin Accepted Here" sign ever.

It just isn't an option in my country and other countries, even if Bitcoin was to be accepted, transaction fees would be too much.
Activity: 280
Merit: 108
September 01, 2017, 08:14:53 PM
In my country bitcoin is an not an option. You can only spend fiat here.
Activity: 635
Merit: 251
September 01, 2017, 08:08:56 PM
It's not just you, I feel exactly the same, just a hassle.
To the point I'd rather deal with FIAT.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
September 01, 2017, 08:04:39 PM
Is it just me?

Pages:
Jump to: