Pages:
Author

Topic: The HODL meme and its impact on Bitcoin - page 3. (Read 516 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
February 16, 2019, 01:24:50 PM
i disagree. "HODL" is still a meme, nothing more, nothing less. if it was actually affecting people's mentality more than anytime else then price would have never dropped this low!

so nothing has changed. people are still the same and making the same decisions. some are making long term investment in bitcoin because they see the potential and since they don't like speculating and don't like trading they decide to instead "HODL".
if you call that change of mentality and impact of meme then so be it.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 16, 2019, 12:50:07 PM
Not good, not bad, no major effect for me. It's a term used for within the crypto community and there are even users who don't place too much attention to the terminologies being used.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
February 16, 2019, 09:47:21 AM
If you HEDL your coins since the day HODL meme was posted, you would have made 25x profits just by doing nothing, I mean HODLing.

No trading, no work, no study. You just had to HODL and whatever amount you put that day (18 Dec 2013) on bitcoin, would be 25 times bigger today.

So yes, HODL works.

It is a no brainer strategy for everybody.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
February 16, 2019, 09:43:03 AM
Is this good? Is it bad?

I don't have the answer, let's discuss.

The "HODL" itself is neither good or bad. It's just for fun.

If you refer "HODL" to a strategy, for example "Hodl to die" then many people died in the previous down trend market.
I have met a lot of memes that relate to bitcoin, one of them is HODL, but I believe HODL is a way to stabilize bitcoin from various current economic problems.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008
Keep it dense, yeah?
February 16, 2019, 09:18:21 AM
December 18th 2013, damn those were some dark days - I remember moving between Bitcointalk and btc-e trollbox, so many people were despairing.

I enjoy HODL as a meme, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has bought in near the peak of the hype.
Activity: 791
Merit: 271
This is personal
February 16, 2019, 09:12:13 AM
I hope that we will need cryptos in real life more than in previous years.
If you do not use them, and almost nobody use them, then what is the point?
I know that Bitcoin seems like a good store of value, but other cryptos needs other use cases than pure speculation.
Activity: 966
Merit: 513
February 16, 2019, 09:04:34 AM
Is this good? Is it bad?

If you refer "HODL" to a strategy, for example "Hodl to die" then many people died in the previous down trend market.

At the same people hodl and sold in the peak time also be made huge amount of profit on investing bitcoin. I am not sure about other coins but bitcoin and ethereum will not make you to face failure.
I support this meme. May we can try some funny meme to make people attracted towards it.
Activity: 93
Merit: 11
February 16, 2019, 08:42:52 AM
Is this good? Is it bad?

Activity: 2632
Merit: 546
February 16, 2019, 08:16:26 AM
Here is a good thread to read The HODL strategy is not actual. That thread was opened April of 2018, I check the current google trend and it looks like this:

I guess we can see the answer on the graph.
Activity: 187
Merit: 10
February 16, 2019, 08:05:39 AM
Over the years, HODL evolved from just a meme into a mentality that many Bitcoiners live by.

Is this good? Is it bad?

Origin of HODL:

Edit: here's the actual bitcointalk thread where the meme was born.
Pages:
Jump to: