Pages:
Author

Topic: The HODL strategy is not actual - page 35. (Read 4101 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 10
April 18, 2018, 09:13:22 PM
indeed to facing downtrend situations some people are more likely to sold their bitcoin when the price gradually fall and then they were wait until the fall stopped and starting to bought bitcoin again at low price because if they sold it at the high price at least they can recover their loss and the percentages people between to hold and to traders indeed pretty less to hold and this is quite normal because in crypto we should use all possibility to minimize loss or to get profit

Selling at high and buying at low is good strategy but its takes skill on technical analysis. Right now, many people prefer trade on their crypto rather than hold because high fluctuation give opportunity to make profits
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
April 18, 2018, 02:14:30 PM
While holding blindly is not the best strategy it is way better than trading blindly

That remains to be seen, actually. When you trade blindly, you will very soon notice that you do something wrong, you won't have to wait like a couple of years before you come to understand that your strategy simply doesn't work. You just shouldn't be blind yourself. But if you are, then no strategy will bring you profit, neither trading nor holding. In this way, it is really hard to say decisively and conclusively which approach is better and which is worse. Personally, I think that trading is a faster way to see if you are doing something wrong and then make changes to your investment decisions.

Trading also is a faster way to lose all of your investment in it. Is there a way to know what exactly you did wrong and to trade successfully after that? I don't think so. These two strategies, trading and holding, are almost the same in respect of expected profits/losses, but imo trading is more risky if you are not a very good expert in the field. But you don't have to be an expert to hold BTC while waiting until Bitcoin development team, who are good experts indeed, will make Bitcoin working better, which will make it more popular, which will increase the demand, which in turn will contribute to the price rising.

Honestly, I don't see what you are trying to challenge here exactly. Yes, you can lose all in trading but how is that different from losing all in holding? Apart from being faster, I don't see any essential or existential difference. However, in trading you can stop just in time when you come to understand that you are doing something wrong and losing instead of earning. Yes, it is not given that afterwards you will learn how to trade profitably but it doesn't mean either that in no case you will learn anything. On the contrary, people are not born trading experts, it is typically a windy and curvy road to success.

What I meant was that it is practically impossible to lose everything, or say 90% of your investment, by holding a decent coin in a short period of time, while it is possible with trading. When you trade you can get profits faster but you may end up losing a lot pretty fast too. Just compare what you can lose with holding in one day, which is 20% max, to what you can lose with trading. I think losing more than 20% with a bad trading strategy in one day is a common thing, while it is very rare with holding.

It could even be said that until you try to sell the coins you hold, your losses are only on paper. Even holders of shitcoins can think that. But does it mean that they will ever be able to book profits or just break even? Not necessarily. In trading, if you cut losses (otherwise you will be holding), this is pretty much it. If the coin is set to fail, doing so will put trading clearly over holding. If you just trade and see that you don't earn enough or don't make it at all, you will soon get done with that (or change your approach). Obviously, it is not possible with long-term holding. It is either sink or swim, neck or nothing.

That's why trading is better unless you don't feel like doing it for your own special reasons.

Well, maybe you are a good trader and that's why you are advocating trading, but I'm definitely not one of the best in the field. Every time I try to trade I lose at least 20% of my balance on an exchange. And that is in the best case scenario. Once I lost 80% with a sh*tcoin which had started to fall right I bought it. I'm going to learn how to trade with profit in the future, but holding is the best option for me so far.
Activity: 210
Never DO AIRDROPS
April 18, 2018, 01:42:55 PM
~
Holding in this market is not a waste. The waste of time here is that you are not interested in the value of the bitcoin fluctuations. Take care of your spreadsheet and coinmarketcap daily, just create a habit. ~
I know you are Bounty Hunter, that is your habit. And i see you dont understand or read my statement carefully. I said SOMETIMES, you know what i mean?
And, truthly i am interest with Crypto Fluctuation (so not like you that only know Bitcoin). Read and Follow what's happened with them everyday.
But seriously, have you ever feel Regret after HODL too long and asking "Why I dont sell it at that time, now I cant get that value again?"
I dont think so, because you are new in this Subject and have less knowledge about it.
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
April 18, 2018, 01:30:37 PM
HODL Strategy sometimes wasting your chance and time. You keep the tokens until the price come as you like
But, when it already reach the Peak and never come again, in that time you will know HODL sucks.
Holding in this market is not a waste. The waste of time here is that you are not interested in the value of the bitcoin fluctuations. Take care of your spreadsheet and coinmarketcap daily, just create a habit. You will feel that the holding is appropriate and effective in this market. It is not as bullshit as you think.
Never DO AIRDROPS
April 18, 2018, 01:26:38 PM
HODL Strategy sometimes wasting your chance and time. You keep the tokens until the price come as you like
But, when it already reach the Peak and never come again, in that time you will know HODL sucks.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
April 18, 2018, 12:54:06 PM
You cannot actually blame people from losing faith on bitcoins after the losses they have gotten from the great correction this year. I think that there are probably quite a good number of people that have lost capitals ranging from hundreds to hundreds of thousands. And it isn't just with bitcoins alone but also with other altcoins as well. Too bad for them that they threw away the chance to get back what they lost and the potential profits that they could've gotten if they panic sold. oh well,..
f they had the faith initially and they were not looking at the short term benefit but the long term, then they will end up not losing faith. The only set of people losing faith right now are those who are greedy and are expecting the short term benefit from bitcoin and looking at how they would just get rich overnight and this was what made the whole FOMO to increase mightily last year. HODL is not bad if you can handle yourself in the market as a trader, but whichever way as long as you are not doing anything emotionally, whatever you do is right.
Activity: 326
Merit: 104
Santa Coin
April 18, 2018, 12:45:14 PM
When the market is booming hodl is an amazing strategy, when it is not it will hinder you more than help. That is why it is important not to get attached to coins, but get attached to the idea of making money. That distinction will help a lot in the short and long game.
Activity: 784
Merit: 123
April 18, 2018, 12:41:52 PM
This isn't about people don't believe in bitcoin anymore, but about waiting for right moment to invest in cryptos again, most of the investors that have invested at the peak are the newbies, and they have big chances to lose
Because of market price volatility, it gives worries to the people especially when they are just new and even old members. Of course, we want to earned but the situation today it could be on high percentage of losing than or gaining which is not good anymore. And as what we have notice that, mostly people seems to dump their tokens when crisis may happen and definitely HOLD strategies never executed.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
April 18, 2018, 09:59:59 AM
This isn't about people don't believe in bitcoin anymore, but about waiting for right moment to invest in cryptos again, most of the investors that have invested at the peak are the newbies, and they have big chances to lose
Activity: 488
April 18, 2018, 09:29:46 AM
This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.
Why it is so? Do not people believe in Bitcoin and it's bright future anymore?
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin
Well, I don’t think it is everyone that is actually relying on HODLing, just like me, I don’t rely on HODL, cause I have my own way of making money from this. But that doesn’t mean that people are quitting the HODL strategy or maybe that people are beginning to quit from Bitcoin, the thing is that whenever the price of Bitcoin is going down, people will always quit from Hodl and sell off the coins they have remaining, cause nobody wants to lose money.
Activity: 1050
April 18, 2018, 09:25:59 AM
they want to minimize the loss because price is getting low then they will buy again at the lowest price. when others sell the price will went down and others will follow to sell. it depends on what strategy you will take to minimize and maximeze your profit.
indeed sometimes the cut loss strategy is better, but sometimes we do not know price will go down or up, for that the best strategy is our analysis, and we must be disciplined against analysis so as not to follow fud or fomo
Activity: 532
April 18, 2018, 07:05:02 AM
they want to minimize the loss because price is getting low then they will buy again at the lowest price. when others sell the price will went down and others will follow to sell. it depends on what strategy you will take to minimize and maximeze your profit.
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
April 18, 2018, 07:04:05 AM
I will not going to be manipulated into that chart in google. I'm in Bitcoin talk and all data, news and everything that I need to learn about Bitcoin and most specially how hodl as big profit as long term investment.
Activity: 434
April 18, 2018, 06:52:49 AM
This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin

Holding is not bad because it only means that you have patience , there are traders out there who are losing a huge amount of profit because they tends to sell their coins at the lowest price when their coins is melting.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
April 18, 2018, 06:51:14 AM
If we just HODL it we can see the difference of the exchange now and in the future. There's nothing to lose if you hodl infact you can earn more. JUST TRY!
Agree with having nothing to lose in the long run if you HODL, as long as you do not panic at the slightest chance to sell at loss, however, saying you earn more is absolutely wrong. I have been trading for a while now and increasing my position in bitcoin every time I take advantage of the fluctuation. In the long run, I am better than someone who has been holding through.

Nevertheless, trading is not for everyone as it takes a lot of learning, dedication and time, otherwise without those things, you will just be busy losing more than profiting and that is when holding would rather pay you.
Activity: 840
April 18, 2018, 05:36:45 AM
If you bought bitcoin early 2017 and hold it 1 year and sell it on december 2017, you get gain more than 20x and thats mean 2000%. I think thats the power of HODL if you believe on your investmen. If you are investor, you must not selling on short period and better selling on long term because its more profitable long term investment. Thats just my2cents

Indeed, treat bitcoin investment like stocks or obligation investment and put it as long term investment. As we know, market cap in cryptocurrency still small and i am believe in the future crypto market cap able to reach trillion dollars.
Activity: 392
ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS
April 17, 2018, 05:58:12 PM

Holding strategy is not so profitable if you are not holding bitcoins because not every coin in the market does really have the potential to grow like a sky rocket so always think before investing a huge amount of coin that you are interested.
Activity: 182
Merit: 122
April 17, 2018, 05:50:21 PM
I find if people are only in it for the profit they will not last long holding any cryptocurrency.
It is because they will be constantly worrying about the value of the coins they had purchased and will be constantly checking btc price religiously.
They will get over stressed because of it and will just eventually give up trying to bank any profit just like the early investors did before back in 2010.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 250
April 17, 2018, 05:33:03 PM
The word 'HODL' will always be moody, because when the price comes down, everybody remember that word. The last few months have had a crisis in the market and accordingly to that, these words have lost their popularity. So, when the Bitcoin's price was 20k, everyone started to wonder cryptocurrencies. But now, price is low, nobody is there.
Activity: 714
Merit: 114
April 17, 2018, 05:30:26 PM
I think that now the HODL strategy should be applied for 2-3 months, not more. The market is highly manipulative and fast-changing, keeping tokens for several years is not the best choice.

so are saying that short term hodling are more profitable? Short term is profitable but i think long term is more beneficial because you can possibly maximize your profit if ever your chosen coin had pumped too much .

You will also know if how long or how high the coin can go and reach its maximun peak until it become stable or decreases. Overall , Hodl strategy will always still depend on the situation and the price of the coin because crypto markets are verry volatile and hard too predict. Anything can always happen unexpectedly even in a single day.
Pages:
Jump to: