Pages:
Author

Topic: the how much btc/fiat have you lost mining thread! end of 2013 edition - page 2. (Read 5329 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Simplified answer:

5k out into miners.

theoretical pay back 2k at today’s exchange rate (not real haven’t converted to USD yet.)

3K still to come back.  

Running on free to me power.

Until converted back to the original form of payment which I am not intending to do. I am down 5k.

edit: typo 2000k and 3000k corrected to 2K and 3K  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040
bitfury: Starter kits will BTC break-even maybe because they included 2 h-cards. Else there would be NO chance for break even. I also planned to buy some more h-cards later but not at these prices. I don't see any reasonable hardware at the moment. There are only two groups gaining profit: resellers, manufactors
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
 2x Batch #3 orders:   Great machine, very very pricey and Yifu delivered extremely late.   The machine has paid about 50% back in FIAT value of BTC since getting it August 7th.

I think it will ROI in FIAT, however its gonna take 2-3 more months easily.  The Avalon is fairly stable, however I do have to manually reset the Motherboard ATX power connector.  Something with the capacitors causes it to stop mining about every ~ 2 weeks.

Icarus Trade-ins:   $2000 loss.   Avalon has still not honored my trade-ins.  I think I'm screwed here.

Bitfury:  5 x August starter kits   $6420
4 x h-boards  October $2200  
I plan to buy 10-16 more h-cards or a kit.  so $5000-$8000
ROI for bitfury in FIAT is projected to be 2.5-12 months.
ROI for bitfury will be 100-300% (I estimate)

These miners will have to be moved to a free power place probably within a year or two.   All in all I think I will break even and turn some profit.
I have to say though that this game is very competitive and the biggest factors are :  delivery of goods, reliability of hardware, and how efficient your hardware is.

Its literally a part-time job running 6 miners.  Fun and also stressful when they go down.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Overall I've done fairly well mining.  Maybe just through luck.

B1 Avalon did extremely well.  Paid 114 BTC, mined 452 BTC to date.

B2 Avalon also did pretty well.  Paid 75 BTC, mined 160 BTC by the time I sold it a couple weeks ago.

The BFL products will surely be a large loss.  I paid maybe 50 BTC for 2 Jalapenos and a Little Single.  So far I only have the Jallys and have mined about 1.3 BTC.

I've purchased various FPGA boards, some of which I'm sure have paid for themselves, and some never will.  I doubt any of the USB BEs ever will.

I have some Klondike K16s in limbo with unfinished firmware, made with chips I bought in Zefir's batch 1.  They surely won't even come close to breaking even now.

Supposedly I'll be receiving my Metabank Bitfury miner soon that I paid 30 BTC for.  I expect I may break even on it, but not much more.

I'm thinking that at some point I should logically stop reinvesting in new miners and just keep the proceeds, but boy I sure do love mining.

cool, thanks - you did really well for yourself! i'd stop mining for the time being or you'll start to lose while you're nicely well ahead. i'm a bit surprised avalon batch 2 did so well
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Overall I've done fairly well mining.  Maybe just through luck.

B1 Avalon did extremely well.  Paid 114 BTC, mined 452 BTC to date.

B2 Avalon also did pretty well.  Paid 75 BTC, mined 160 BTC by the time I sold it a couple weeks ago.

The BFL products will surely be a large loss.  I paid maybe 50 BTC for 2 Jalapenos and a Little Single.  So far I only have the Jallys and have mined about 1.3 BTC.

I've purchased various FPGA boards, some of which I'm sure have paid for themselves, and some never will.  I doubt any of the USB BEs ever will.

I have some Klondike K16s in limbo with unfinished firmware, made with chips I bought in Zefir's batch 1.  They surely won't even come close to breaking even now.

Supposedly I'll be receiving my Metabank Bitfury miner soon that I paid 30 BTC for.  I expect I may break even on it, but not much more.

I'm thinking that at some point I should logically stop reinvesting in new miners and just keep the proceeds, but boy I sure do love mining.
I haven't lost anything yet. All my coins have remained secure in my wallet aside from the ones that I have spent on reasonably priced and promptly delivered goods and services from reliable businesses and individuals.

can you please indulge me on what reasonably priced and promptly delivered product you have that's given you a positive return on investment? i can't think of too many and i'd be interested to know if any besides avalon batch 1 or bfl products for journalists worked out for you
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
I haven't lost anything yet. All my coins have remained secure in my wallet aside from the ones that I have spent on reasonably priced and promptly delivered goods and services from reliable businesses and individuals.
well, i think everyone realizes now that everyone is after only so many bitcoins. the pie doesn't get bigger.
so in the end everyone is after those damn coins but that piece of the pie is going to shrink no matter what you do.
honestly, end of year very few miners will actually be positive on their investment.
keeping exchange rates current i'm pretty sure that everyone who will get any sort of asic miner this year will be negative in btc or fiat.

so this thread is just to get an idea of people's return on investment.
post your miner - when you got it/how much you paid (btc or fiat)/how much you currently mined (till date of post)/estimate based on current mining how much you think you'll get

this should help everyone assess the quite strange situation this community is in.
without exchange rates going up - most people are likely in the red
Pages:
Jump to: