Pages:
Author

Topic: The human brain is not ready to deal with exponential growth - page 2. (Read 381 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
I was reading old posts to try to find what people were saying back in the day about BTC reaching $5000 and found interesting post such as this:

Not going to happen.  I doubt we'll ever see $100 BTCs much less BTCs selling regularly for thousands of USD per BTC.  Not in 20 years, not in 100 years.  Just think about how much bid depth you'd have to have to absorb even 1000BTCs at $5000 without slipping, say, 10%.  At just $100/BTC you'd have to have somebody with a single $100,000 bid at 100$/BTC not get any slippage.

The price might make another go at the previous all time high, but just like the pump and dump that induced that high last time, it won't hold there but momentarily because there simply is not, and probably will never be, the necessary depth to keep the price up.  I'm confident we haven't seen the last of single digits, and we'll probably still be seeing single digits years from now.

Source: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/can-bitcoins-break-5000-in-20-years-100487 (not necessarily post here, admins dont seem to like old threads being brought up again for some reason, but it's good to read this for historical reasons)

Also a lot of people were talking about the scaling drama already back then.

It's funny here we are hitting $6000 now. A lot of people posting there sold and are now depressed for life.
Pages:
Jump to: