Pages:
Author

Topic: The ICO Team - page 2. (Read 152 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 2
March 28, 2018, 05:55:28 PM
When analyzing the team behind an ICO, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to actually determine if they're real or not. The real poorly done up fakes are easy to spot, of course, but much like ransomware, the scammers are becoming more intelligent with their techniques.

What sort of strategy do you guys employ when trying to gauge the authenticity of a team?

LinkedIn? Previous work? Googling names?

It looks like you answered your own question. Most ICO listing sites ask for links to team member LinkedIn accounts. A lot of sites are asking for verification from team members. ICO Bench is one of them.  Who doesn't love Google? Seems to answer a lot of questions as far as legitimacy.
Look for a good balance of experience on the team. It doesn't have to be all blockchain experience. True business knowledge and investment connections are important too.
Activity: 196
Merit: 6
https://cryptotvplus.com
March 28, 2018, 05:55:19 PM
When analyzing the team behind an ICO, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to actually determine if they're real or not. The real poorly done up fakes are easy to spot, of course, but much like ransomware, the scammers are becoming more intelligent with their techniques.

What sort of strategy do you guys employ when trying to gauge the authenticity of a team?

It looks like you answered your own question. Most ICO listing sites ask for links to team member LinkedIn accounts. A lot of sites are asking for verification from team members. ICO Bench is one of them.  Who doesn't love Google? Seems to answer a lot of questions as far as legitimacy.

indeed he answered his own question. For contributions, you have to carry out detailed review of the team members. Some may use details of real persons and you will think they are true. Another thing is they may use names that isnt popular in the sphere but they will list advisers who  will appear to be real when in fact, they just put the names up there to make the project legit.

with the way things are going now, you can talk one on one with an adviser an ask if they are part of the project. if not, RUN
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 28, 2018, 05:51:33 PM
Ah I mean, I guess. But LinkedIn has no true verification process, and anyone who knows how social engineering works (insofar as scams/frauds) knows that it takes less than an hour or two to setup a full team of fake people.

Much like Twitter; LinkedIn has a bit of a problem of 'blind' followers in that you can also pump up your account quickly with a TON of connections, hell, I get at least a few people trying to add me a week that I don't know.

The strategies are a good start, but I'm curious if there's more; and while icobench / icorating, etc, are good, lots of scam ICOs make it onto there too.

TY I guess though
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
March 28, 2018, 01:13:48 PM

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 28, 2018, 11:22:05 AM

Pages:
Jump to: