Pages:
Author

Topic: The ICO/Pre-sale/Crowd-sale/Crowd-funding "Marketing Scam" - page 2. (Read 3877 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
GetGems is an awesome project that actually makes sense. Actually Koinify makes sure scams don't happen, they do due diligence, meet the devs and only accept legit projects. Also the funds are stored in multisig and devs get paid on a milestone basis in a transparent way. Actually i would recommend for users to only invest in Koinify projects.

OP doesn't know what hes talking about. Koinify brings crowdfunding to a proffessional and transparent level or else i wouldn't have invested in their projects.

Also there are plenty of scams which aren't ico, miners are getting butthurt some dope projects aren't pow which they cant throw their botnet at.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
I thought this type of thing might be going on. Your story is the first direct evidence I have read that confirms it. After scam IPOs I would have expected any decent website that recommended the IPO to condemn the devs. Instead I found they stayed quiet about it, probably because they were paid to recommend the scam IPO.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
99% of all ico/ipo etc are already scam.
I think Smart people don't invest those shit.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

The ICO/Pre-sale/Crowd-sale/Crowd-funding "Marketing Scam"

I recently became aware of an interesting trade secret on how to run a successful ICO. After creating a small crypto magazine with 5,000 active users/followers, I was contact by a company called https://koinify.com to promote an ICO. This offer included a payment of 5 BTC worth of a token called GEMs https://koinify.com/#/project/GEMZ . I turned down their offer as I felt this was form of scamming investors into purchasing GEMs. Over the coming weeks I started noticing gems being talked about on cryptonews youtube channels and blogs. I have researched koinify and never do I see a mention of this activity.

I wonder how Koinify was able to hide these gem giveaways for marketing purposes. Did Koinify buy their own gems and take back BTC as well? Did a big investor buy additional gems without receiving them? Did they hide this in the development budget?

Koinify has no transparency with how raised funds are being used. No one knows what they are doing with the gem funds any more.

Would you invest in an ICO if you knew the people talking about it were receiving 5 BTC+ payments to talk about it? Is this why many ICOs immediately drop in value once they are available for exchange?

I find this way of marketing of an ICO to be fully acceptable if it is transparent. Hiding these free coins is a scam. I would like Koinify to be openly transparent about what % of coins will be given out to market their ICOs. Investors should be aware of this before purchasing an ICO.

P.S. Sorry to pick only on Koinify. I'm sure many ICOs have been doing this scam. Koinify has the FACTOM ICO coming out in March which looks amazing. Koinify does a lot of good work. My only problem with them is this secret marketing scam to attract investors.

Pages:
Jump to: