Pages:
Author

Topic: The importance of operating completely anonymous - page 3. (Read 355 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
what are the best measures one can take in any given region for the sake of remaining completely anonymous online with not only bitcoin transactions but online anonymity with delicate private information...
Bitcoin users can best give you advice on staying pseudo-anonymous with bitcoin, you can achieve this by:
  • Avoiding KYC/AML compliant exchanges
  • Running your own node over Tor
  • Keeping your cold storage wallet off the internet
  • Not linking your offline identity with your bitcoin addresses
  • Using change addresses.

...but online anonymity with delicate private information on not only location whereabouts but financial data, social data, phone number and email privacy etc?
Bitcoin helps with financial privacy. For the others, research on throwaway phone numbers and emails, also check up privacy email services.

- Jay -

I agree with most of the above and this is a nice check-list you provided.
However, I'd be very careful with the statement "Bitcoin helps with financial privacy" <- I'd go as far as to say for 95+% of Bitcoin users this is not true, actually the opposite. As soon as you buy from a KYC exchange or get your identity linked in any other way with your BTC, you are more transparent than ever before.
With the right measures, like the ones you mentioned above, this can be turned,. But without, Bitcoin is in-itself not private at all with its open-ledger and the complete visibility of all transactions ever made, including the funds sent and senders and recipients' addresses.

Activity: 644
Merit: 661
- Leo -
what are the best measures one can take in any given region for the sake of remaining completely anonymous online with not only bitcoin transactions but online anonymity with delicate private information...
Bitcoin users can best give you advice on staying pseudo-anonymous with bitcoin, you can achieve this by:
  • Avoiding KYC/AML compliant exchanges
  • Running your own node over Tor
  • Keeping your cold storage wallet off the internet
  • Not linking your offline identity with your bitcoin addresses
  • Using change addresses.

...but online anonymity with delicate private information on not only location whereabouts but financial data, social data, phone number and email privacy etc?
Bitcoin helps with financial privacy. For the others, research on throwaway phone numbers and emails, also check up privacy email services.

- Jay -
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1071
If anyone can please add their expertise here on being completely anonymous for the sake of the masses. In a world that is centering on control and tracking activity as a means of control, what are the best measures one can take in any given region for the sake of remaining completely anonymous online with not only bitcoin transactions but online anonymity with delicate private information on not only location whereabouts but financial data, social data, phone number and email privacy etc?
Total anonymity would have been possible in those days when there was no society or publicly provided amenities that required an identity. These days staying completely anonymous is not possible unless you decide to move to a secluded place and choose to stay without the internet, only eating what you grow or kill.

Rather than wanting to stay completely anonymous which is possible, some people who want to stay away from the eyes of the government have taking up other identity (the identity of other people) and have all documents in the names of these other identities too. It may work for sometime, if you are careful enough not to raise any suspicion.

For bitcoin to increase your anonymity, use a mixer or mixing service.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 841
Hiding your social data, phone number and email are too much, are you really want to hide everything in this world? it's not possible because you've create ID card and driving license which contain your real identity.

I only hide my financial data because I don't want to get a fake friend or get a problem with many people.

Regarding anonymity, I don't think that OP understands how the Internet works, there's no such thing as complete anonymity, more like pseudonymity. Maybe you can avoid tracking for awhile but if you plan to stay on this forum, it's going to be a difficult thing to do.
There's Tor network, explain to me how you can trace someone location if he's using Tor network for anything?

If you want to use this forum privately, you can [Guide] Use Bitcointalk (more) privately you can achieve complete anonymous after next few years later.
Activity: 462
Merit: 472
If anyone can please add their expertise here on being completely anonymous for the sake of the masses. In a world that is centering on control and tracking activity as a means of control, what are the best measures one can take in any given region for the sake of remaining completely anonymous online with not only bitcoin transactions but online anonymity with delicate private information on not only location whereabouts but financial data, social data, phone number and email privacy, etc?

In life, you try to control what you can and do all you can to minimize the effect of what you cannot control. In my country, you cannot be anonymous unless you don't buy anything or do any financial transactions. Or you decide not to own a phone which is not possible for now. But there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of remaining unknown. One of the ways is to stay away from social media. Some persons are so addicted to these platforms that they can write their autobiographies through detail on their social media platforms. They are in the market, bank, or home on the street, it will be uploaded to their social media account.

Another way is that instead of keeping your money in banks or exchanges, become your bank through a centralized wallet. Exchanges and bankers will always want to know more things about you. They will keep asking for more information until they know virtually everything about you.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 219
Governments are against this approach and if you are planning long term holding, it will be almost impossible to hide these details in a  developed country. Do not get scared because of this, just pay the taxes and live peacefully. Government will get little relaxed with time and reduce the boundations related to crypto.
A bit stupid to think that the government would just let you do your thing just because you're following their guidelines, that's a naive thinking because I know that almost every governing body out there wants to control their population to the point where they can move them to do what they think is best for the state. Regarding anonymity, I don't think that OP understands how the Internet works, there's no such thing as complete anonymity, more like pseudonymity. Maybe you can avoid tracking for awhile but if you plan to stay on this forum, it's going to be a difficult thing to do.
Activity: 18
Merit: 2
If anyone can please add their expertise here on being completely anonymous for the sake of the masses. In a world that is centering on control and tracking activity as a means of control, what are the best measures one can take in any given region for the sake of remaining completely anonymous online with not only bitcoin transactions but online anonymity with delicate private information on not only location whereabouts but financial data, social data, phone number and email privacy etc?

Governments are against this approach and if you are planning long term holding, it will be almost impossible to hide these details in a  developed country. Do not get scared because of this, just pay the taxes and live peacefully. Government will get little relaxed with time and reduce the boundations related to crypto.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
It must be hard to really be anonymous in every way. Because as long as your phone is turned on, it can be traced when you have used it on one platform. I watched several tips, but they always said that once you have used your data in one exchange, it's recorded there on the database.

But it's possible to make a wallet anonymous by depositing coins that go through many layers. This I think is more important. I'm not an expert though.

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
You can choose non KYC platforms and if you want to protect your privacy, always use Tor connection on the Internet. Some locations don't allow you to use Tor and you have to use bridge.

Check https://kycnot.me/ with two tabs: Exchanges and Services.

With Services tab, you will have some like VPN services; Domain, Hosting a& VPS; Phone numbers & SMS; Giftcards & Goods; Various tools; Anonimization; Cloud storage; Other services.

Check https://www.privacytools.io/ too.
Activity: 1098
Merit: 534
Pages:
Jump to: