Pages:
Author

Topic: The J.A.R.V.I.S AutoReply Protocol Initiative (JARPI) - Powered by ChatGPT - page 4. (Read 902 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 4508
**In BTC since 2013**
I can think of plenty of users with >500 merit who would quite happily abuse this and brigade another user's posts to have them all hidden, especially in the case of trust disputes. Also, such a feature would undoubtedly be misunderstood and used for posts the user dislikes or disagrees with, not just posts which are redundant.
Do you really think users would collude like that? I mean, a threshold (of distinct and qualified members) has to be reached before the post is considered "redundant". The merit requirement (and/or DT status, mentioned at the end) is there to mitigate abuse (with farmed accounts, etc.)

Other systems that the forum already has, such as trust, sometimes suffer abuse, let alone this one.

Then, the fact that the post is hidden in the topic, it will not disappear from the list of posts made by the user, which is probably the list that campaign managers analyze.
Activity: 510
Merit: 4005
I can think of plenty of users with >500 merit who would quite happily abuse this and brigade another user's posts to have them all hidden, especially in the case of trust disputes. Also, such a feature would undoubtedly be misunderstood and used for posts the user dislikes or disagrees with, not just posts which are redundant.
Do you really think users would collude like that? I mean, a threshold (of distinct and qualified members) has to be reached before the post is considered "redundant". The merit requirement (and/or DT status, mentioned at the end) is there to mitigate abuse (with farmed accounts, etc.)

Similar logic applies to people misunderstanding how to use the feature; their individual clicks won't do anything unless (a fair few) other members have already flagged that post as well.

It's a bit silly to criticize (rather than change) constants that were chosen while spitballing. If 500 merits is not enough, then make it 750. If 10 unique members is a threshold that's too easy to game, then make it 15...

Feels like you just read the line you quoted, and then quickly scanned the rest. Undecided
Activity: 714
Merit: 1004
Goodnight, ohh Leo!!! 🦅
It's such a copacetic response to the whole repetition that goes on and on, mostly in the B/H board... I see alot of things that shouldn't be repeated twice Being over-emphasized a couple of times too.. sometimes, i don't even blame 'em OPs Cus yeah, they're right to ask questions on what doesn't seem right to them...
Infact,I believe there's a lot more to be done....I'm not just a code freek nor some stylish programmer like Gloves or Atheter, but I'm sure it'll come to a time where the forum will have to make some milli-timeframe pop ups, or redirects on FAQS, to Auto-synchronize...
AIs, as suggested would do the job too, but what if the forum ends up with getting the whole AI theorem espoused ?? How well will the young-age take advantage of them??? (... rhetorical anyways..)

Sandra 🧑‍🦰

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
On the topic of fighting shitposts, what I would love to see is a button that lets humans (with >= 500 earned merits) mark a post as "redundant":
Activity: 510
Merit: 4005
I'm personally against the idea of synthetic replies. I'd like to (maybe) see AI applied to curating good posts or hiding bad ones, but certainly not to adding even more crap to the forum. -1 from me.

On the topic of fighting shitposts, what I would love to see is a button that lets humans (with >= 500 earned merits) mark a post as "redundant":

When 10 or more distinct users have clicked it, the post should be hidden from view, unless you've gone into your options and opted in:

Campaign managers would (hopefully) leave this turned off, and would therefore not end up paying for those posts.

The details can be voted on (e.g. maybe 10 distinct users is too few or the threshold should be configurable, maybe 500 earned merits is not enough or too much, maybe only DT members should be able to see the button, etc.)
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
Sorry but I don't like this idea of using AI in bitcointalk forum at all.
There is always going to be some human being in forum who is willing to reply to any question, however stupid that question may be, and starting with one AI-bot could result with more of them in future.
This bot can make forum members even more lazy and more inactive, that is just one of the possible outcome of experiments like this.
Only AI that I would consider slightly useful for forum is one that could detect if posts have high chance of being AI generated, but it would probably make many mistakes.
legendary
Merit: 1036
6.25 ---> 3.125
I think you have the right idea of using A.I. to positively impact the forum - I do agree with the others that auto-generating replies is probably not the best way. I think you are right that the Bitcoin discussion board has many repetitive topics. Recently, I have started to think I was having deja vu while scrolling through it.

Something that would be able to grab relevant threads based on title and content, list them with a percentage of relevancy and post the list in the first reply for repetitive topics to allow the topic starter and following readers to easily visit threads that are very similar and read the responses there; would be a nice adjustment to this idea and a neat addition to that board.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
Who decides if a topic is low-quality or repetitive? And who decides if the community is tired of regurgitating a topic?

Good question. Obviously ChatGPT and AI in general is totally unpredictable for this task, so I've considered making a sort of algorithm to calculate a spam score, like the kind that would be used at Google.

I think it would be better to make a bot that replies to shitposts with a warning letting the poster know they are shitposting. Something like:

We can prove that the number of provably lost bitcoin is 2,828.654 BTC, and this number can be safely removed from both the total and the circulating supplies. Anything which is not provably lost should not be considered removed from the supply.

Consider performing a simple Google or forum search before posting a question on the forum next time. Thank you for your cooperation.

In light of other comments here, I think it would be better to send that in a PM. It would be a turbocharged version of Bitcointalk moderation staff in that case (and would admittedly be more "automation" than AI).

I don't think adding more AI generated text to the endless amount of spam will achieve anything. No one actually reads such replies anyway; they just get in the way of actual discussion. If we want to solve the spam problem, then we should just actually enforce the rules regarding spam and signature campaigns and start handing out temporary bans like the rules say we will.

Agreed.

The target audience that is supposed to be reading these kind of posts are not so much Legendaries like you and I as it is for new members who've just arrived here <3 months ago.

It's still generic AI crap. Right now I'm struggling with a bunch of my writers because they think that AI content sounds interesting, it doesn't. There's no emotion, just mathematically correct sentences with a lot of words to explain something that could be explained with five bulletpoints. Reminds me of answers that politicians usually give.

Being something of a writer myself, I also agree with you that AI-generates or otherwise low-quality content written by humans can be crappy (unless the text written is of an extreme technical standard that will go into a technical topic).

Perhaps a userscript could be developed that automatically hides shitposts from threads (or even entire topics).
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
If we want to solve the spam problem, then we should just actually enforce the rules regarding spam and signature campaigns and start handing out temporary bans like the rules say we will.

But, shouldn't campaign managers be more rigorous in the posts they count?
I can even accept that it is not always easy to check one by one the posts that campaign participants make. But, I believe that these users who have a very low level of quality in their posts are easily detectable.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
I don't think adding more AI generated text to the endless amount of spam will achieve anything. No one actually reads such replies anyway; they just get in the way of actual discussion. If we want to solve the spam problem, then we should just actually enforce the rules regarding spam and signature campaigns and start handing out temporary bans like the rules say we will.
Activity: 518
Merit: 508
#NeverForgetGoba
The target audience that is supposed to be reading these kind of posts are not so much Legendaries like you and I as it is for new members who've just arrived here <3 months ago.

It's still generic AI crap. Right now I'm struggling with a bunch of my writers because they think that AI content sounds interesting, it doesn't. There's no emotion, just mathematically correct sentences with a lot of words to explain something that could be explained with five bulletpoints. Reminds me of answers that politicians usually give.

I don't want to belittle your project, I think that AI-driven systems are a good thing to be in right now, but I personally wouldn't like to see it on the forum.

Reddit did it well with their bots that are just fixing minor mistakes or informing users about random stuff, but this what you're proposing is not my jam.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1981
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
Would we really appreciate if someone was using AI to respond on the forum?

If what I read brings me value, yes, but I'm not worried about being dethroned by AIs.
AIs are a great help and innovation, there's no doubt. But in my opinion, what OP's BOT is offering is something a shitpost reply to the shit posters. I don't know how people would enjoy reading their reply. Well, personally I would simply put such bot on ignore list like few other mentioned but if you are going to enjoy reading them, feel free to read, enjoy and interact with them. You are appreciating something doesn't necessarily mean everyone has to appreciate that. People may have different opinion and expressing them doesn't make them negative. What negativity is bringing no one merited the post and mentality of the forum users. I don't see a reason to bring such issue.
legendary
**In BTC since 2013**
I think it would be better to make a bot that replies to shitposts with a warning letting the poster know they are shitposting. Something like:

We can prove that the number of provably lost bitcoin is 2,828.654 BTC, and this number can be safely removed from both the total and the circulating supplies. Anything which is not provably lost should not be considered removed from the supply.

Consider performing a simple Google or forum search before posting a question on the forum next time. Thank you for your cooperation.

But how will the bot know if that question has been asked 1000x?
There are many ways to ask the same question without repeating yourself, so it's nearly impossible for the system itself to know it's the exact same question.

And what guarantee is there that a question that has already been asked 100x cannot generate a very interesting and instructive debate?
There is a way to answer some questions, from different perspectives that might be interesting and helpful.

I agree with @bullrun2020bro.

I don't think the OP idea is unreasonable, but I think it would be too complicated to put all the possible variables so as not to penalize anyone.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 7986
I think innovative stuff like this is cool and worth trying, however I kind of agree with this:

I can't get myself to read this generic AI crap.

I'm beginning to feel the same way about AI artwork as well. It was fun at first, but now when I see it, it just evokes a feeling of "meh." Only the grotesque abominations produced by either DALL-E/Midjourney or ChatGPT are fun anymore.

How many of those members have a genuine question, and how many of them are just posting to either get Merit or at least Activity? The user you took as an example in your OP (cafter) is opening topics at least 10 times faster than me, and I doubt he's really interested in the answer. If he was, he would have just Googled it. It's not as if the answers are hard to find.

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
How many of those members have a genuine question, and how many of them are just posting to either get Merit or at least Activity? The user you took as an example in your OP (cafter) is opening topics at least 10 times faster than me, and I doubt he's really interested in the answer. If he was, he would have just Googled it. It's not as if the answers are hard to find.

Well, with the mentality I see around the forum, I'm not surprised that the thread hasn't had a single merit so far and that most of the comments are negative.
Think of it this way: first, personal human interaction was replaced by electronic communication, and now we risk ending up only talking to electronics. Call me old-fashioned, but I don't like it. If I want to interact with a computer, I'll use a Search Engine or spambot myself.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 4333
JARPI (J.A.R.V.I.S AutoReply Protocol Initiative) is the name of a system I'm designing to automatically reply to low-quality, repetitive Bitcoin questions that the community is tired of regurgitating.

Who decides if a topic is low-quality or repetitive? And who decides if the community is tired of regurgitating a topic?

Even if a question has already been asked, it can be nuanced in a way that results in a fruitful discussion where most users learn something new. I don't want an AI to ruin that with a crappy list of links where comparable topics have been addressed already. Isn't an online forum meant to be a place where real persons interact with each other? I don't want to skip or ignore several AI accounts flooding new threads with "helpful advice or guidelines how to use this forum properly".

It won't take long until other people will create additional AI bots for all kind of bullshit we don't need. In half a year we will have ten bots replying all kind of crap to new threads in the Beginners & Help section ruining that board completely.

I really hope you reconsider your idea. You won't help the community, you will destroy it.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
~snip~
You guys sound like Peter Schiff or Charlie Munger criticizing Bitcoin.

You did not refer to anyone in particular, but as I am one of those who expressed my opinion, I feel called out, so I will answer you. Personally, I consider it an insult that you put us in the same category by citing the example of those people who hate Bitcoin from the bottom of their souls because it does not fit into their business philosophies.

In general, a small percentage of people think that AI has a bad influence on the forum, and if someone wants to read AI generated posts and answers that will be given by the OP bot, I will certainly not interfere in that.

In fact, from today I will no longer clean any board (especially the Bitcoin discussion), so if AI will do it better than us humans, we will obviously have more time for some other activities.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
It is powered by my shiny new toy, J.A.R.V.I.S. I found a way to defeat Cloudflare's captchas using Selenium and solving them manually, so this opens the door to a lot of interesting possibilities.

By CAPTCHA, do you mean hCAPTCHA and reCAPTCHA which used by Cloudflare? I can't see how it's possible unless you use paid captcha solver where our CAPTCHA is solved by either human or AI behind it.

Would we really appreciate if someone was using AI to respond on the forum? In my opinion, no. JARPI is going to do the exact thing some other people used here. The difference is JARPI is doing it as an experiment.

Considering the generated text is screened manually by human and explicitly state it's generated by AI, i find this kind of AI/bot is acceptable.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
Well, with the mentality I see around the forum, I'm not surprised that the thread hasn't had a single merit so far and that most of the comments are negative.

Would we really appreciate if someone was using AI to respond on the forum?

If what I read brings me value, yes, but I'm not worried about being dethroned by AIs.

The most disruptive innovations were at the time not only rejected, but in some cases even mocked:

7 world-changing inventions that were ridiculed when they came out

The use of AI in everyday life will be as commonplace in a few years as the use of the Internet or cell phones is today, but we'd better focus on the negatives instead of trying to take advantage of these early versions, lol.

You guys sound like Peter Schiff or Charlie Munger criticizing Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
The "Bitcoin Discussion", "Economy" an other boards are a mess, with tens of pages full of unnecessary cycled texts. I'm sorry, but this AI will only write more of those posts. The sad fact is that no one actually reads those mega-spam-threads answering questions no one cares about.

"how to avoid telegram scams involving cryptocurrency?" - asked no one actually caring about an answer.

I can't see a newbie being "uhm, I want to know the answer", clicking on the topic, reading 10 pages of cycled bs and being "oh wow, I learned something new today".

It's more like: "uhm, I need to increase my post count/fill my bounty/signature campaign quote, let me think of a generic question for a new thread"

And then 50 other users going "I need to make 5 posts today... let me think for 2 minutes so I can answer this generic post with my generic answer and then increase my post count/fill my bounty/signature campaign quote".

Actual readers: "this is a spam-fest, heck no! I'm not reading all this crap".

Probably also putting your bot on my ignore list if I see one of those in the wild. Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: