Pages:
Author

Topic: The Kids buying Mcdonald order via BTC - page 6. (Read 774 times)

Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
September 22, 2023, 10:40:16 AM

I just observed a kid on Twitter doing a Bitcoin payment transaction at McDonald's, and it's amusing to see that they can do it. However, I feel bad for the kid because he spent something like 170,000 Sats or something. Its parent must have a sizable amount of Bitcoin.

But even so, I'm still in awe of how these kids were raised by their parents since even at such a young age, they are progressively learning about the idea and features of how important Bitcoin is to them. I respect parents who do an excellent job of educating their kids.

Reference: https://twitter.com/naiivememe/status/1705167273609368057

Hope they spent the satoshis on healthy stuff.
Bitcoin is too valuable to be spent on junks. The sats are better saved than spent on things that are not as valuable or profitable.
If you must spend your bitcoins spend them on things that compensate for the profits the bitcoins would have given you in the future. If you wish to spend them on foods, spend on the good ones that can make you productive enough to work sufficiently to produce things that are greater or equal to the amount of profit you would made from saving the coins. If you wish to invest the bitcoins on something else make sure the future profit from the investment is equal or greater than future profit from the bitcoins. And it's much better to spend the bitcoins in Bitcoin economy, or better still, in economy (decentralized one atleast) that uses Bitcoin as currency.
Activity: 828
Merit: 657
September 22, 2023, 10:18:18 AM
Seems to me like a "Wallet of Satoshi" Lightning wallet, fees aren't that high on LN.

Nice, i get it, sorry for my ignorance with LN wallets i never used it. I think that i need to read more about that topic.

Well then if the amount doesn't have higher Fees then that mean they are wasting a lot for some bugers and fat
Activity: 1204
Merit: 466
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
September 22, 2023, 10:16:42 AM
Are you shocked to see that BTC can be used to buy Macdonald or you are shocked that the kids are buying it and they are getting familiar with BTC technology at an early age? Either way, new generation kids are so modern that, at an early age they are aware of the full usage of smart phones, while when I was a kid, like around 10 to 14 years old, no one gave me smart phones to use, I mean I don't have the privilege to have my own phone so I have to ask elders to use their phones and all they did was, not gave us their phones even for a second, by saying that we might break their phones.

If I recall those memories now and compare them with the current generation then I concluded that this generation is so advance that they knew how to use phones. They knew how to make online transaction via banks. They are now getting familiar with the btc technology. That's not a surprise to see but using btc to pay for products is very surprising. Even though their parents or guardians were helping them, but still, they are learning at an early age and with time they will become experts.
Activity: 560
Merit: 408
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID
September 22, 2023, 10:07:43 AM
Mr OP it seem the reference link you provided is not working because went I click on it but it not going, I thought the problem is from my twitter but not pls fix it if the problem is from your side. The parent had tried their best in teaching their son crypto, at this stage of life am so happy seeing it because gradually the kid will start introducing his friends.

I even watched it a while ago before I posted it, and now when I tried to watch it again, it was deleted immediately the link was invalid already.
I do not know why. In the video, those kids are still scanning the machine at McDonald's. And it seems they're language was a Portuguese but not sure.

When you watch them, it seems like their parents or relatives are behind them, as long as those children are doing the transaction in the video.

This should be a lesson to you in case of next time, you know what the forum want and what they don't, please next always get the fact on ground before post anything, possibly download the video to serve as you prove.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
September 22, 2023, 10:07:20 AM
170000 sats is near 45 USD today, maybe the pay a lot of fees, new users aren't aware of how the fees are calculated or how it affect to their final TX.
Yeah, I was too lazy to do the math (chalk up another "too lazy" quote to my account), but I figured it was roughly that amount.  To feed a few people at McD's these days, even though it seems like a lot of money, it sounds about right.

And let me tell y'all, when I was a kid I was a big fan of McD's and would eat there a lot.  When I see how much their burgers, fries, and everything else they've got on their menu today it makes me want to pull my hair out.  The dollar menu used to include items that cost $1.  I think they call that list something else now, because you can't even buy a napkin for $1.  Lol.
legendary
Activity: 3649
Merit: 1412
September 22, 2023, 10:04:31 AM
170000 sats is near 45 USD today, maybe the pay a lot of fees, new users aren't aware of how the fees are calculated or how it affect to their final TX.
Seems to me like a "Wallet of Satoshi" Lightning wallet, fees aren't that high on LN.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
September 22, 2023, 09:58:49 AM
Mr OP it seem the reference link you provided is not working because went I click on it but it not going, I thought the problem is from my twitter but not pls fix it if the problem is from your side. The parent had tried their best in teaching their son crypto, at this stage of life am so happy seeing it because gradually the kid will start introducing his friends.

I even watched it a while ago before I posted it, and now when I tried to watch it again, it was deleted immediately the link was invalid already.
I do not know why. In the video, those kids are still scanning the machine at McDonald's. And it seems they're language was a Portuguese but not sure.

When you watch them, it seems like their parents or relatives are behind them, as long as those children are doing the transaction in the video.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
September 22, 2023, 09:51:13 AM
I can't see the tweet either. I imagine that must be in Lugano, Switzerland, or El Salvador, as far as I know there are no other places accepting Bitcoin at McDonald's.

First thing is for the OP to fix the link and let's see, because we don't know what date it is from or where it occurs:

Or maybe that happened at another time, when the price was different.
Activity: 560
Merit: 408
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID
September 22, 2023, 09:38:39 AM
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
September 22, 2023, 09:32:51 AM
I'm not clicking on a Twitter....eh, X....link to see the details, but it looks as though that kid's parent is ordering for him.

Mixed feelings about this.  First of all, if they're spending that number of sats at Mickey D's, that kid is going to be obese by the time he gets to puberty, and he's probably going to end up with tits and gender dysphoria and all the other modern day maladies the new generation has.  I'm not joking, and it makes me anxious.

On the other hand, it's good thing if that kid in the pic is actually into bitcoin.  I don't care if he or the parent is blowing it at McDonalds (stupid move IMO) as long as he learns why it's important, i.e., it's a form of money that the government can't control and isn't in the hands of the banking system and that it's a decent store of value.

Hopefully that kid's screen time is kept in check by his parent(s).  Too many people, young and older, are glued to their smartphones 24/7.  End of aging hermit rant.
Activity: 828
Merit: 657
September 22, 2023, 09:31:56 AM
When date is this? I try to search the tweet but is now deleted or it isn't public.

Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
September 22, 2023, 09:20:21 AM

I just observed a kid on Twitter doing a Bitcoin payment transaction at McDonald's, and it's amusing to see that they can do it. However, I feel bad for the kid because he spent something like 170,000 Sats or something. Its parent must have a sizable amount of Bitcoin.

But even so, I'm still in awe of how these kids were raised by their parents since even at such a young age, they are progressively learning about the idea and features of how important Bitcoin is to them. I respect parents who do an excellent job of educating their kids.

Reference: https://twitter.com/naiivememe/status/1705167273609368057
Pages:
Jump to: