Pages:
Author

Topic: The MatTheCat reverse indicator thread - page 2. (Read 3202 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
January 11, 2016, 08:00:43 AM
It's funny how everyone sees the market being entirely controlled by a "they", meaning exchange owners or random Chinese billionaire, when the gold market movements now look identical to the Bitcoin market movements.  From a flat line to a random, big vertical line, a stop, then another.

...yet their are whole books devoted to the topic of how to spot and/or get on the right side of insider market actions?

The more the concentrated a stock or an asset is in just a few hands, the more likely the market is to be dictated by a 'they' and I think it is fairly common knowledge that a large proportion of Bitcoin is held by a relatively small number of hands.
legendary
Activity: 1260
January 11, 2016, 07:52:03 AM
It's funny how everyone sees the market being entirely controlled by a "they", meaning exchange owners or random Chinese billionaire, when the gold market movements now look identical to the Bitcoin market movements.  From a flat line to a random, big vertical line, a stop, then another.

January 11, 2016, 12:54:09 AM
When you see a seed battling and finally managing coming above ground, forming it's first leaves. Do you keep saying it is more likely to go back into the ground, or move up rapidly to the sun/moon?
We had the most nerve breaking part, now just enjoy watching it grow. Did you know that you can almost see a plant grow with the naked eye?

Bitcoin is not a plant. Bitcoin is a means of transferring wealth from dumb money to smart money. That means it has to ramp up and down. Plants don't do this. Worst analogy ever.

Thought this was an interesting point of view, not specific to bitcoin but is relevant to bitcoin I think.

Don't watch markets too much - its all program trading
Submitted by gldslv on January 9, 2016 - 2:29am.

It must be tough playing markets using traditional trading techniques now a days.   Trading against algos is like playing chess with a computer.  It  moves 100 times faster and given enough market power can create any perception it wants to paint. All the manipulator has to do is tell the computer to move a stock/bond/index prices in a method that paints a image to the trader that becomes financially attractive.  Once the money is drawn in they can tell it to go in reverse and clean the house/gather the chips.  

To me this is saying, trade on longer timescales. On day trading you will be cleaned out.

Excellent post. But on the otherhand, this is also why HFT markets such as Huobi respond to certain levels and fit into specific TA models so well.

What the post describes, is also pretty much my reasoning for my 'Everyone's a Loser' chart forecast. If what I project in my chart comes to fruition, the majority of market participants are going to lose money. Bears are going to have their Short Stops triggered. Bulls are going to start piling in on break of significant resistance, and the whales will be letting them bulls have all the $470+ Bitcoin that they can possibly carry, until retail buying pressure dries up, and the HFT bots are set into reverse mode.

Edit: 'Everyone's a Loser' trade idea abandoned. Someone has come to Stamp with a big bag of BTC to dump. When Stamp leads, it is always to the downside. Whether the whale doing the dumping had a 2K BTC sack, which he has already emptied, or a 5K sack, or a 20K BTC sack is irrelevant to me. Far too dangerous to trade at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061
January 10, 2016, 07:16:39 PM
Thought this was an interesting point of view, not specific to bitcoin but is relevant to bitcoin I think.

Don't watch markets too much - its all program trading
Submitted by gldslv on January 9, 2016 - 2:29am.

It must be tough playing markets using traditional trading techniques now a days.   Trading against algos is like playing chess with a computer.  It  moves 100 times faster and given enough market power can create any perception it wants to paint. All the manipulator has to do is tell the computer to move a stock/bond/index prices in a method that paints a image to the trader that becomes financially attractive.  Once the money is drawn in they can tell it to go in reverse and clean the house/gather the chips.  

Its not the old days, in today's world, perception is managed by a few money centers.  Its all algos based in painting an image  of market movements. Not reality.   'Falling knives', 'gap filling' are algo responses these days and not traditonal human traders (forget investing) performing the activity.  Trading algos do not take into account any long term investment data points that any reasonable human investor instantly understands..

Do the algos adjust/compensate trading patterns on this type of information? Its really hard to quantify and therefore hard to introduce to the algo:

1) Debt/gdp ratios and the rate of debt growth between sovereigns relative to a stable unit of account?

2) rapidly changing geo-political relationships. Can't quantify that until you see an earnings/pricing  hit somewhere.

3) The meaning of 'money versus a currency' as it pertains to human purchasing power? Which to humans, I would think, is really important.

4) Undefined black swan events like country X accepting the yuan for trading or better yet announcements that  include new markets to sell/buy goods and services, therefore impacting the  future earnings power  of corporations that do not participate in those markets.

Its important to get the trend right, the algos react to capital and trade movement but I'm convinced that if China attacked Japan on a Monday, human traders would hit the sell button, the markets would drop and by Thursday,  by controlling/manipulating  the  VIX and futures on the indexes,  the algos would gap fill right back to almost normal. This type of event is a trend influencer that only humans can quantitatively 'feel' the impact on future market conditions.  The algo's lack of understanding for these minor and not so minor non-quantitative events is why we are experiencing more and more shock and awe.

To me this is saying, trade on longer timescales. On day trading you will be cleaned out.
legendary
January 10, 2016, 05:47:02 PM
I've changed the topic slightly to "The MatTheCat reverse indicator thread".  I feel this thread can become a full length documentary.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
legendary
Activity: 2214
Merit: 3209
Flippin' burgers since 1163.
January 10, 2016, 05:07:06 PM
and then going right back down the way it came.

When you see a seed battling and finally managing coming above ground, forming it's first leaves. Do you keep saying it is more likely to go back into the ground, or move up rapidly to the sun/moon?
We had the most nerve breaking part, now just enjoy watching it grow. Did you know that you can almost see a plant grow with the naked eye?
January 10, 2016, 02:05:21 PM
Hmm, Mat is long, those are basically the epitome of "weak hand" coins.  Now all we need is to print a bumper sticker that says, "If MatTheCat is long, what could go wrong?"

What will most likely go wrong, is that I will leave the trade on a scratch. My 'Ultimate FU Move' theory (beat up the bears and the bulls) will be wrong, Bitcoin will not take out the Local High, but instead will retrace 2/3rds of the way back up towards it, before putting in a bear M top, and then going right back down the way it came.
legendary
January 10, 2016, 10:48:32 AM
Hmm, Mat is long, those are basically the epitome of "weak hand" coins.  Now all we need is to print a bumper sticker that says, "If MatTheCat is long, what could go wrong?"
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
January 10, 2016, 10:18:53 AM
I've said this to you before Mat, but perhaps if you just held some btc for a couple of years in cold storage and got on with your life you might do better than churning back and forth based on nothing more than whimsy Smiley

Bitcoin is an assymetric bet which if it pays off will reward you handsomely. This forum is littered with accounts of young traders who knew best but in the end lost money with an asset that rose 1000's of % over a few short years. Trading is a zero sum game and you are not in the club.

Zoom out.

my plan....mining...is my past...hoarding is my game Smiley

....knc jupiter 550gh and orig knc titan scrypt (ltc to btc) (a mistake never would roi) BUT got on panic of last march 2014 a 2nd used Titan (due to everyone thought a bunch of big ass scrypt miners were gonna show.never did) so did ROI and still mining titans....

but anyway would have been better off just buying coin and holding ...er maybe not ...2014 sucked...hmmm...have to ponder this

anyway NOW have 100 btc if converted all remaining ltc to btc (not yet ratio sucks) ..and probably will still mine next winter under winter elec rate

decline...even IF the difficulty doubles and this is IF this lousy 0.0008 ratio of LTC to BTC continues and IF as some folk say BTC hits 650 usd this year due

to halving etc ....string that together and it is still 400 usd after electric a month! (dare to dream) would be 5.20 LTC at 650 btc Smiley

so yeah ...just holding.....its the only game in town besides my next plan "attic mining' sell all useless crap in attic for BTC (prob have 5k of stuff...sooooo boring to do thou)

anyway if BTC goes poof I have clean attic ...rec room.....house value goes up 15k so ..hey....but home mining for me will die someday me thinks

also depends if ANY new big ass scrypt data halls or miners come out...but not looking too likely...at these prices ...but if the price did hit 5.20 for LTC

they'd come out of the woodwork pretty quick!

anyway moon or beanie baby ...these are the choices imho Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1176
January 10, 2016, 09:37:41 AM
I've said this to you before Mat, but perhaps if you just held some btc for a couple of years in cold storage and got on with your life you might do better than churning back and forth based on nothing more than whimsy Smiley

Bitcoin is an assymetric bet which if it pays off will reward you handsomely. This forum is littered with accounts of young traders who knew best but in the end lost money with an asset that rose 1000's of % over a few short years. Trading is a zero sum game and you are not in the club.

Zoom out.
January 10, 2016, 08:54:25 AM
You just said it's not going to $500 then just posted a chart that shows it either getting up near there again or passing it.  We need a less ambiguous reverse indicator.

It's not going to $500.

But, I have now entered my long position at the 38.2% retrace, as shown on my chart. I am anticipating that the recent high be taken out, and the highs before that, but the $500 high will not be breached. Bulls will be tricked, and bears will be robbed. That is my position at the moment.
legendary
January 10, 2016, 08:50:58 AM
You just said it's not going to $500 then just posted a chart that shows it either getting up near there again or passing it.  We need a less ambiguous reverse indicator.
January 10, 2016, 01:44:19 AM
highly doubtful 'they' will take it up to $500

Reverse indicator from the gods confirmed.

For posterity:

https://www.tradingview.com/x/8qUW7W8V/

The above, is pretty much what I am anticapting over the coming trading sessions for Bitcoin.....I guess my sentiment is near-term bullish, but not bullish enough to believe that break out on HTF is just round the corner. I am saying that I think Bitcoin is about to trick a lot of bulls, and wipe out a lot of bears in the process, before going back down to test the bottom of the range, which will likely hold higher up the chart than the last range bottom.

But when things invariably somewhat deviate from my projections, please do bear in mind that doing this kind of thing, is much harder than parroting out repetitive bulltard sentiment and posting totally unoriginal bulltard memes, and then hopping up and down full of vindication when the market happens to go up $20 (and staying silent when it goes down).
legendary
January 10, 2016, 01:10:44 AM
highly doubtful 'they' will take it up to $500

Reverse indicator from the gods confirmed.

January 10, 2016, 12:41:12 AM
We need a new reverse indicator update, where is he?

I am here, watching Bitcoin come right back down to where I was stopped out on the break out and on a fraction of the volume...so erm...where are the bulls?

My Buy is on the 38.2% retracement. If it triggers, I shall ride Bitcoin back up to test the highs. I actually suspect that there is a good chance that 'they' will go hunting liquidity pools, above the recent high, and perhaps even above the high before that, but highly doubtful 'they' will take it up to $500.......am ancipating the final spike will come from short covering up above $475 (Finex prices).

So, that would be a nice little trade if I can get it.

What is more likely though, is that I don't get my buy-in triggered, that Bitcoin goes up to test the local high, and fails, and then it will be a case of look out down below.

We have a situation where matching up the USD volume with the new highs is screaming 'bear', but doing this same with CNY (FAKE) Volume is yelling 'bull'. Yep, the CNy volume is massively inflated/aritificial, but BTC is controlled by whales operating behind these exchanges, and I think therefore that the CNY charts are a good indicator of where 'they' intend to push Bitcoin to.
legendary
January 10, 2016, 12:28:11 AM
We need a new reverse indicator update, where is he?
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040
January 08, 2016, 02:37:12 PM
This thread is legit
Activity: 342
Merit: 250
January 08, 2016, 01:39:41 PM
Fuck Bitcoin!

Yep...I am butthurt. I have sat in a fucking crappy short trade all week

How do you know MatTheCat was telling the truth? He might have lied so we would all buy like crazy and pump the price up just before it crashed. We could have been buying coins he sneakily put for sale at today's top prices. If his reverse indicator can move the market he might have started taking advantage of his power.
legendary
January 08, 2016, 12:31:47 PM
Almost as strong as the kwuckduck antipode indicator as well as the lesser known talks_cheap about-face indicator as well.

"talks_cheap" probably is Kwuckduck
Pages:
Jump to: