Pages:
Author

Topic: The Million Bitcoin Homepage - Win FREE bitcoin and advertise your business! - page 2. (Read 3647 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Thanks for letting me know, but at that price I don't even think I can counter-offer.

I hope the 9 months you put in ends up being worth it for you.

If I did buy it, I was thinking to firstly put it on some shorter, catchier domain name.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Okay,

They're there as demonstrations, you can see they got clickthroughs for the time they were there. And will be going down within the next 24 hours, leaving only the two genuine purchases made so far.

My promotion has been sloppy and also there has been no media coverage so far. The "gold blocks" concept is there to drive usage, and since I have not enough BTC to preload these blocks I think that's another factor which has discouraged people. I'm waiting for some larger purchases, then the code will take the reserve balance for gold blocks and split them out into many 16x16px blocks which will be redeemable when hit.

The conversion rate to signing in is currently terrible, and I imaging the BTC-only payment system is another barrier.

With coinbase integration, I would sell the thing for about 50BTC. I've put 9 months solid work and learning into it, and so far the site has proven to be secure/reliable. Everything (mission critical) has been meticulously tested.

PM me if you'd like to discuss any trade/partnership further. Perhaps working together we'd make something better of it, who knows.

-Fly
I'm also open to bids, if anyone wishes to purchase the website as it exists.

I'm about to start new employment in a few months and foresee promotion being quite time consuming.

Would be happy to continue development (at a cost) and provide technical support as necessary.

Any takers?

I'd be interested, but I'd rather see a price first, before bidding.

Did bitpay, etc really pay for those current ads, or did you just place them there yourself to make the site look a bit more used?
I'm also open to bids, if anyone wishes to purchase the website as it exists.

I'm about to start new employment in a few months and foresee promotion being quite time consuming.

Would be happy to continue development (at a cost) and provide technical support as necessary.

Any takers?
Thanks mate, I sunk all the OCD I could into it. I really appreciate your feedback, it means a lot even if the thing fails just to have validation from people in the community, especially other developers/programmers.

The value of being able to see, in real-time, when people are clicking and visiting (The page of) your blocks is tangible I'd say.

Unsure if pricing has been set right, but we'll see. I think the price/(area*time) value is ok for now, we'll see.
No don't think I was the first at all, just wanted to make one that is a lost more special than the existing ones out there.

Also used it as a chance to implement my own bitcoin payment processing system, and generally push my skills in several areas.

It is certainly much nicer than bitcoinposter.com. Good job with it.

No don't think I was the first at all, just wanted to make one that is a lost more special than the existing ones out there.

Also used it as a chance to implement my own bitcoin payment processing system, and generally push my skills in several areas.
I'm not saying your idea is horrible, just wondering if you think you were the first?

http://bitcoinposter.com
+others
Additionally, please post any bug reports or complaints here and I'll address them asap.
Advertise, win Bitcoin and donate to charity... at the same time!

https://the-million-bitcoin-homepage.com/

In 2006 business student Alex Tew launched The Million Dollar Homepage, a website offering a finite supply of advertising space and the chance to become a part of internet history. The website gained much media attention and all 10,000 boxes were sold out in 5 months.

Since then Bitcoin has entered the world stage and so we decided to revamp the original concept, incorporating the new digital currency along with some exciting additional features.

• We've hidden "Gold Blocks" in the grid which may be won if you buy a block which overlaps them. Every time a block is purchased we split the takings and divert funds back on to the grid.
  • We maintain a pot of Bitcoin which is sent to a random charity once our reserve exceeds 1 BTC. To see a history of previous charity payouts – please check the about panel link.
  • Desposits in bitcoin are processed instantly so you can get straight to uploading your content.

Be a part of Bitcoin history and, most importantly, have fun on the grid!
Pages:
Jump to: