Pages:
Author

Topic: The misunderstandings in KYC (know your customer) - page 7. (Read 832 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 10
I think if the ico project is real and not a scam, kyc is ok then, it is in favor on the both sides the company and the investors andnbounty hunters. But if the project is just a fraud and scam, then it is dangerous on the side of investors and bounty hunters that uses their personal profiles and identifications that it would be steal by the thief and use their profiles identification for some malicious purposes.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
I have seen many hunters talk about the kyc with utmost hatred. Many wants kyc removed, many thinks it's not fair for hunters, while some say it shouldn't be for hunters, because hunters are not investors.

But the point is, if the company or start-up project asks for kyc from hunters, they are not wrong in any way.

Kyc are not for investors only, as long as you will hold or holds a company's or start-up project equity share and have voting rights, you are a customer. What this simply means is that whether you bought the token or through bounty hunting but holds this token with the so called investors, there is no different between you hunter and an investor with cash.

Both of you holds the same token from this company and share equal right with them, which means that what an investor can do an this particular company, you as hunter holding the same token can do also.

The only difference is that the investors invested their cash and you invested your time and both of you holds the same token and shares equal rights.  So if you say that you can't pass through kyc because you are a hunter, then you are the cheater
You do not understand the essence of KYC verification. This check is carried out to prevent cases of money laundering and to combat the financing of terrorism. The ICO teams themselves do not do this. They receive information and hold it for a certain time in case the relevant state bodies turn to them for the necessary information. ICO teams actually do not need this information. What difference does it make for them whether a citizen of one or another country will have their token? If this absurdity with the passage of the KYC test develops, then it will be possible to install KYC checks in all outlets. Imagine, you go to one store to buy cigarettes or juice, and you are told, pass before this check KYC. Fill out forms, attach copies of your passports, certificates of residence, and so on. Come after this to another store - the same thing. Do you think this will be normal?
One should not confuse the state program of combating crimes and the simple, unjustified interest of ICO teams to our confidential data.
Kyc are not carried out just for money laundering only. You should read more about kyc. Even if the company issued the token for free, they could still require kyc from you depending on the kind of token they offer
But it is really annoying when we provide KYC to receive free tokens, our Documents are very important and so we should not take such risks.
Activity: 841
Merit: 251
I have seen many hunters talk about the kyc with utmost hatred. Many wants kyc removed, many thinks it's not fair for hunters, while some say it shouldn't be for hunters, because hunters are not investors.

But the point is, if the company or start-up project asks for kyc from hunters, they are not wrong in any way.

Kyc are not for investors only, as long as you will hold or holds a company's or start-up project equity share and have voting rights, you are a customer. What this simply means is that whether you bought the token or through bounty hunting but holds this token with the so called investors, there is no different between you hunter and an investor with cash.

Both of you holds the same token from this company and share equal right with them, which means that what an investor can do an this particular company, you as hunter holding the same token can do also.

The only difference is that the investors invested their cash and you invested your time and both of you holds the same token and shares equal rights.  So if you say that you can't pass through kyc because you are a hunter, then you are the cheater

It is quite simple actually, but some hunters are sensitive me as well, if I found some projects that are suspicious I think twice before I do the KYC process, cause I know it will ruined my life if fall in the wrong hands.
Activity: 544
Merit: 1
I don't have any problems with kyc yet, if I go into any project and I was asked for kyc, depending on the type of project and it's quality will determine if I will submit my documents or not.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

The only difference is that the investors invested their cash and you invested your time and both of you holds the same token and shares equal rights.  So if you say that you can't pass through kyc because you are a hunter, then you are the cheater
You do not understand the essence of KYC verification. This check is carried out to prevent cases of money laundering and to combat the financing of terrorism. The ICO teams themselves do not do this. They receive information and hold it for a certain time in case the relevant state bodies turn to them for the necessary information. ICO teams actually do not need this information. What difference does it make for them whether a citizen of one or another country will have their token? If this absurdity with the passage of the KYC test develops, then it will be possible to install KYC checks in all outlets. Imagine, you go to one store to buy cigarettes or juice, and you are told, pass before this check KYC. Fill out forms, attach copies of your passports, certificates of residence, and so on. Come after this to another store - the same thing. Do you think this will be normal?
One should not confuse the state program of combating crimes and the simple, unjustified interest of ICO teams to our confidential data.
My friends are getting scammed by participating in the bounty and airdrop which created KYC verification. OP never seen an ico which selling the stolen KYC documents on the darkweeb or even this forum.
Hdac already registered as a company in swiss and it has received no letter action from swiss government without doing KYC to the bounty participants while there are some other platforms are getting a big problem to be registered even they are implementing KYC verification to everything.
Merit: 2

Kyc are not carried out just for money laundering only. You should read more about kyc. Even if the company issued the token for free, they could still require kyc from you depending on the kind of token they offer
Activity: 966
Merit: 104

Merit: 2

Pages:
Jump to: