Pages:
Author

Topic: The most ridiculous rules for female teachers - page 2. (Read 324 times)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Well thank God the rules were for women of 1914 female teachers. Because teacher of such gender will never follow and keep such rules in this 21st century. That men female teacher of those years passed through alot in the name of gender and profession.
Activity: 728
Merit: 308
Women are not where they would love to be yet, but they can't deny the fact that they have come a long way in their respective societies and work. That's what to be grateful for.
So far in the journey to gender equality, a lot has been achieved, but there is still a lot to be done. Some of these unfair rules may no longer be written down, but they still exist in some peoples mind and are practiced in different aspects of life and not just the workplace teaching job. There is need for an increased campaign for women rights and equality to abolish any crude thinking still adopted by some men.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
If this is to be true, then women suffered back in the day. Imagine such ridiculous rules just because you find yourself a female.

https://i.imgur.com/PGMDjHB.jpeg

The rules against women didn't start today. I am wondering if there was a similar rule book for men back then, but I am assuming the answer will be no. Thank God for civilisation.

Women are not where they would love to be yet, but they can't deny the fact that they have come a long way in their respective societies and work. That's what to be grateful for.

Imagine this kind of rule against female teachers in 1914 still existing. What would have been your reaction?

There's nothing wrong with these rules. Everybody at that time understood that these were the rules. If the woman didn't want to follow the rules, she didn't have to be a teacher. Find another job, and many did.

Right now, today, anybody who is an employer has rules. If you don't like the rules, don't work there.

Many of the rules are regulations formulated by government. If an employer doesn't like the rules government makes for his business, he has three choices:
1. Lobby government to get the rules changed;
2. Find a different business that doesn't have such obnoxious government rules;
3. Make the business into a Private Membership Association (PMA) so that it is outside of most government regulation and authority.

After all, it was the lobbying and protesting that got the rules changed ion the first place. And it is the PMA-type rules (religion) that keep the Amish from having to obey a lot of things that government says. Individual Amish people don't have to remain Amish if they don't want. And the Amish will accept others into their clans if those people agree to follow their rules.

It's called freedom. To force anyone to not obey their own rules is to take freedom away from them.

Cool
Activity: 2380
Merit: 251
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
The concept of equality came into reality in the very late 90s only so women in the 2000 may not experienced such ridiculous rules but everyone who lived before that age has been suppressed by the male for sure and even in all the religions the women portrayed as a companion to men and they will be in charge for everything.

Fortunately we evolved to better community now, still there is no 100% equality and that stage can be achieved is a real question as well.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
'Life's but a walking shadow'!
Well that was in the past, and no set of rules like this exists for female teachers anymore, i know that in some places of the world women are still restricted by rules (not the ones listed in the OP), but these sort of places/areas are quite few, and sooner rather than later those restrictions will be squashed. Having said that, i think the feminist movement from all over the world has come a long way in providing awareness and ensuring that women are treated somewhat equally, right now women are leaders in different departments in schools and even in government, thus these days i don't hear or see too many complaints from women being unfairly treated at work or social gatherings.
Activity: 616
Merit: 274
This ridiculousness didn’t stop with female teachers as women in general was subjected to stupid oppressive rules set by men to subject women under their control.
White Men obviously didn’t have a rules book to dictate what they can and can’t do and civilization didn’t do a thing to make these oppressive rules go away. Women had to fight and protest themselves for these man made oppressive rules could go away.

With the Supreme Court ruling on abortion months back, men are again trying to take away the rights and freedom of a woman.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1364
🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃
Since the emergence of the monotheistic religions, or the so-called monotheistic religions, the human race has never hesitated to reduce the role of the woman and despise her, even after civilization proved that it is comparable to man in strength and capabilities that qualify her to attain a prominent position in civilization.

Those rules that I am reading now in this narrative are no more than one manifestation of that scaling.
Activity: 896
Merit: 645
Is this for real! Like really!! All that, just to maintain a rep for a teaching job!!!
That's too much. I dont know how women did cope with all that but, am sure it's some of the models that built the strong women in our world today.
Still a good thing these rules are mostly extinct or modified to its minimum but am sure they served there purpose for the time and now, we've got better to replace them. So much for 1914.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 501
If this is to be true, then women suffered back in the day. Imagine such ridiculous rules just because you find yourself a female.

The rules against women didn't start today. I am wondering if there was a similar rule book for men back then, but I am assuming the answer will be no. Thank God for civilisation.

Imagine this kind of rule against female teachers in 1914 still existing. What would have been your reaction?
Pages:
Jump to: