Pages:
Author

Topic: The most secure wallet without downloading blockchain - page 3. (Read 668 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 3
Just verified using this guide reached from the official site.
Thank you!   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
I love you guys.
I opt for Electrum.

Don't forget to download it directly to the real URL or domain which is https://electrum.org/ because there are many fake websites promoting fake Electrum wallet.

I would like you to be aware of fake electrum websites from this thread ⚠⚠️⚠~Beware on active phishing Electrum websites~⚠⚠️⚠ (Collection list updated)

And also guide on How to verify Electrum (for Windows, Linux and Mac)

Why not try Wasabi it is another best option with coinjoin. it is just like the same as Electrum but it only support segwit wallet..
I love you guys.
I opt for Electrum.
In the future I'll consider buy an hardware solution.

Thank you for your availability!
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132
How with Electrum is possible to use every feature without downloading the blockchain?

Electrum connects to external servers which are only used for looking up the transaction history and broadcasting transactions.

Is it stored on "a" server? If the server go offline I can't use my wallet?

No, you wallet file is stored locally and no one should be able to access it. There are many servers, so you should be always able to connect to one of them. If you couldn't for some reason then you can always sign a transaction locally and broadcast it manually.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
It is a local wallet? So it can't be controlled by companies or possibilities to froze funds until KYC approvation?

This will only happen if you keep funds on an Exchange, such as Coinbase (or its custodial Wallet).

Custodial wallets aren't really a wallet, it is an exchange that keep your funds. They can enforce KYC or anything else, as they are the true owners of your bitcoins, as they hodl the private keys.

You will be safe with the wallets suggested by BitMaxz. Just note down the Seed (12-24 words), because that seed contains your private keys.

How with Electrum is possible to use every feature without downloading the blockchain?
Because it is a light weight wallet (SPV). It doesn`t download all transactions in history, just the ones related to your funds.

SPV wallets check balances using explorers such as blockchain.com. Just paste your public address there (used to receive funds) and you can see all its past transactions.

AFAIK, there is no risky of this to happen. If Electrum ever stop working, you can just import your SEED (that words i said) into any other wallet and you will have your bitcoins.
I think this is the final doubt cause you guys make great this community thanks to your detailed replies.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
If you are looking for secured wallet these wallets below are recommended.

Hardware wallets(Best wallet by rankings)
#1 Ledger nano = Official website from here https://www.ledger.com/
#2 Trezor = Official website from here https://trezor.io/
#3 keepkey = Website where you can buy this wallet here https://shapeshift.io/keepkey/
#4 Bitbox = You can buy this wallet from here https://shiftcrypto.ch/

Desktop wallet:

- Wasabi wallet
- Electrum wallet

Take note about Electrum make sure to download the wallet directly from electrum.org domain.

Mobile wallet

- Mycelium
- Electrum
- Coinomi
- Bread wallet

For most secured wallet go for hard wallet you don't need to download the whole blockchain.

It is a local wallet? So it can't be controlled by companies or possibilities to froze funds until KYC approvation?
Electrum has no KYC and it is not controlled by companies no one can froze or freeze your wallet except you who know about the seed phrase and private keys.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132
So which is actually the most secure wallet that works without forcing me to download the blockchain?

If you want to have a working Bitcoin wallet out-of-the-box then consider downloading Electrum from the official website and veryfing it. Repeat these steps every time a new update is released. Electrum is a light client which offers a lot useful features such as bumping a transaction with a higher fee and coin control. You will be given 12 words which will be needed for the wallet recovery in the future. Don't lose them, don't share them with anyone and don't write them down on your computer.
Question is so simple to say but not so easy to be cleared by a noob like me.
I have to setup my first BTC wallet.
I can't store 243 GB of blockchain.
So which is actually the most secure wallet that works without forcing me to download the blockchain?
Pages:
Jump to: