Pages:
Author

Topic: The Myriad comprehensive and totally serious mining guide for new commers - page 2. (Read 16929 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Great guide, just what I was looking for, thanks foodies and neuromode Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Im trying to mine using skein algo with my R7850 by MSI. What settings do you recommend??
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Algorythm #1: SHA256D

Ah yes, the dreaded ASIC algo ... well if you're using an ASIC you don't need my help, heck I don't even know how to power one on.

Could I ask a noob question? Can you mine Myriad with the same ASIC that's used to mine Bitcoin? To be more specific, could I buy an obsolete ASIC off eBay and use it to mine Myriad, or would I be wasting my money?

Thanks.
Activity: 378
Great guide thank you.
Using Sapphire R9 270X I'm managing a steady 147 Mh/s with gpu temp at 64C and still able to browse and play web based card games without any lag.

cgminer --skein -o stratum+tcp://*pool:port* -u ** -p ** --no-submit-stale -I 10 -g 2 -w 64 --gpu-engine 1100 --gpu-memclock 1000 --thread-concurrency 8192
I have an R9 290 and I can't get more than 227 Mh/s with Skein without overclocking (high electricity costs here, I don't even run scrypt because it takes too many watts)
not really sure if it's even possible to get more without overclocking

note: thread concurrency doesn't do anything with skein, it uses the same .bin file no matter what TC you specify because skein doesn't use a thread concurrency

take memclock as low as it lets you and up engine as high as you can until you have the desired mh/kw everything else is quite irellevant.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I have an R9 290 and I can't get more than 227 Mh/s with Skein without overclocking (high electricity costs here, I don't even run scrypt because it takes too many watts)
not really sure if it's even possible to get more without overclocking

note: thread concurrency doesn't do anything with skein, it uses the same .bin file no matter what TC you specify because skein doesn't use a thread concurrency
My health seems to be coming back so expect this thread to be maintained/updated regularly
Activity: 21
great guide, thanks Cheesy!

Edit: actually tried to use skein but no avail. The batch file closes as soon as it opens, says that there aren't any available commands. Sad
Any thoughts?
Activity: 448
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Nice.

Even nicer if this thread is maintained!
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Does anyone know if there is a yield advantage in any of the algorithms when cpu mining? (I know OP said he hasn't cpu mined, but maybe someone else)

I have same question. I am going ask in main thread.

foodies123-

scrypt miners should probably be using veox's sgminer. it is based on cgminer 3.7.2.
git - https://github.com/veox/sgminer/releases
win binaries - http://sgminerwindows.com/

qubit & groestl can both use phm's sph-sgminer
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-sph-sgminer-multi-coin-multi-algorithm-gpu-miner-added-marucoin-475795
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Very helpful guide +1, bookmarked
Activity: 10
It spreaded to all of my computers the only safe computer was linux. It was hard to change my passwords the hacker gained access to all of my email accounts.
Activity: 28
Thanks to provide this information, I think it is helpful for me.
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
any thoughts on the relatively low profitability of mining myriad? How can it succeed with low profits? Thanks for the guide!
Activity: 326
Thanks for putting all this information in one place for us.
Activity: 419
Thanks for this guide !
Activity: 448
Bump! Foodies is working his ass off for Myriad. This guy is legit.
Activity: 14
Very useful information, thank you, thanks for your hard work.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Does anyone know if there is a yield advantage in any of the algorithms when cpu mining? (I know OP said he hasn't cpu mined, but maybe someone else)
Pages:
Jump to: