Pages:
Author

Topic: the next bubble? NFT! - page 4. (Read 504 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
March 01, 2021, 02:18:36 PM
It's difficult to gauge although think about it, the majority of CryptoKitties are sold at a loss and have essentially zero market value. Even though one of them technically did sell for over $100,000 what is the chance that's reproducible?

It seems to me like collectable pokemon cards, where although you have a few extremely high value one's for either rarity or special circumstances, when averaged out, even these astronomical values don't have much of an impact to make it a worthwhile market.

As for other NFTs, it will be successful if the technology is used in a natural way where it is the most optimal way to manage the service. Otherwise, it will simply be a gimmick.

I am not sure if all of these items sold for thousands and thousands of USD will have the same high value after 5-10 years.

I would argue it's highly unlikely as there's very little cultural meaning or artistic value, and trying to play the NFT market at least currently is playing the lottery and heavily not worth the time.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 3440
Nec Recisa Recedit
March 01, 2021, 11:26:55 AM
Ok NFTs are nice and fun and we have seen a growth during the last months/years.
but the market has no limit, and prices are out of any logic!
I am not sure if all of these items sold for thousands and thousands of USD will have the same high value after 5-10 years.

Take as example CryptoKitties, most of them have literally no value despite were sold or created for "real" money.
Most of users have tons of kitties that have no interest or value....

What are your thoughts about NFTs?
Pages:
Jump to: