Pages:
Author

Topic: The NSA is reportedly able to access offline computers thanks to radio wave tech - page 4. (Read 7606 times)

Activity: 148
Merit: 100
Dude. You believe seriously all the companies involved with In Q Tel will be openly listed on their website? Maybe we should all stop or you will ask for our IP address and sue us for libel...  Grin

Our little thread is a menace to NSA's society...
This is exactly the kind of conspiracy fiction I was referring to when I stated this thread "has absolutely nothing to do with Bitcoin".
Speculative statements based on pure fantasy, backed by nothing more than "It could happen Dude, why you so stupid?".
No proof, no facts, just a bunch of dreamers.  It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

First, I don't believe you are stupid, but you have the right to call me/us dreamers. Second, everything you said about this thread could be applied to your logic and is sadly funny  Smiley

Regarding bitcoin it matters and third of all you are replying to a thread in "Bitcoin Forum > Other > Politics & Society >"
Did you miss the part that says "Other"? Smiley
No you missed the part where if you cannot provide proof for the claims you make, it's all hot air.  Be prepared to be challenged.  You are a fool.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
Dude. You believe seriously all the companies involved with In Q Tel will be openly listed on their website? Maybe we should all stop or you will ask for our IP address and sue us for libel...  Grin

This is exactly the kind of conspiracy fiction I was referring to when I stated this thread "has absolutely nothing to do with Bitcoin".
Speculative statements based on pure fantasy, backed by nothing more than "It could happen Dude, why you so stupid?".
No proof, no facts, just a bunch of dreamers.  It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

First, I don't believe you are stupid, but you have the right to call me/us dreamers. Second, everything you said about this thread could be applied to your logic and is sadly funny  Smiley

Regarding bitcoin it matters and third of all you are replying to a thread in "Bitcoin Forum > Other > Politics & Society >"
Did you miss the part that says "Other"? Smiley
Dude. You believe seriously all the companies involved with In Q Tel will be openly listed on their website? Maybe we should all stop or you will ask for our IP address and sue us for libel...  Grin

No proof, no facts, just a bunch of dreamers.  It would be funny if it weren't so sad.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
So, just to re-cap, Coin_Master thinks we should all be quiet and this thread should just go away, because, well, at first, intelligence agencies could only "access your computer if they insert a wireless device into it."

And, then, when it's admitted right on the Intel website that these devices are, in fact, in a lot of computers already, and set to become standard on all Intel PCs, we just need to all shut up about it because "this is not the place to discuss that issue."

This thread, called "The NSA is reportedly able to access offline computers thanks to radio wave tech," is not the place to discuss wireless, offline access being made standard on CPUs, apparently.  Because, apparently, someone having wireless access directly to your PC, even when it's turned off, is not a "Bitcoin related topic."

Like I said already, I've been personally targeted by this bullshit.  I know exactly who implemented it, and why.  It was not a fun experience for me.  It's something I think everyone should be aware of.  And it is directly relevant to Bitcoin.

And if you don't like Infowars as a source, even though their article is well-researched and you can click through and watch the video about this technology right on the Intel website, you can read about similar plans of the CIA for how their investment arm, In-Q-Tel, works with manufacturers to put spy technology into everything they can, from Wired:

CIA Chief: We’ll Spy on You Through Your Dishwasher

Earlier this month, Petraeus mused about the emergence of an “Internet of Things” — that is, wired devices — at a summit for In-Q-Tel, the CIA’s venture capital firm.

You are clearly confused about what I said, and why.

Not technically impossible, just completely irrelevant.  This is not news, the title of this thread should be "NSA can access your computer if they insert a wireless device into it".  Really?
This remark was made because the OP never mentioned Intel vPro in the first post of this thread.  There are only 2 links given
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/15/us/nsa-effort-pries-open-computers-not-connected-to-internet.html
and
http://thenextweb.com/insider/2014/01/15/nsa-reportedly-able-access-offline-computers-thanks-radio-wave-technology/?fromcat=all#
Neither link mentions Intel or Intel vPro.  Both articles have pictures of USB transmitters, hence my remark about an alternate name for the thread.
What you have done is try and introduce secondary information in an attempt to link Intel vPro Technology with the NSA.  Nice try, but no proof!
In-Q-Tel publish a list of all the companies they provide funding to, and nowhere on the list does Intel feature.  You need to live in the real world, base your assertions on provable facts.  Otherwise it is just libel.

So, just to re-cap, Coin_Master thinks we should all be quiet and this thread should just go away, because, well, at first, intelligence agencies could only "access your computer if they insert a wireless device into it."

And, then, when it's admitted right on the Intel website that these devices are, in fact, in a lot of computers already, and set to become standard on all Intel PCs, we just need to all shut up about it because "this is not the place to discuss that issue."

This thread, called "The NSA is reportedly able to access offline computers thanks to radio wave tech," is not the place to discuss wireless, offline access being made standard on CPUs, apparently.  Because, apparently, someone having wireless access directly to your PC, even when it's turned off, is not a "Bitcoin related topic."

Like I said already, I've been personally targeted by this bullshit.  I know exactly who implemented it, and why.  It was not a fun experience for me.  It's something I think everyone should be aware of.  And it is directly relevant to Bitcoin.

And if you don't like Infowars as a source, even though their article is well-researched and you can click through and watch the video about this technology right on the Intel website, you can read about similar plans of the CIA for how their investment arm, In-Q-Tel, works with manufacturers to put spy technology into everything they can, from Wired:

Earlier this month, Petraeus mused about the emergence of an “Internet of Things” — that is, wired devices — at a summit for In-Q-Tel, the CIA’s venture capital firm.

You are clearly confused about what I said, and why.

Not technically impossible, just completely irrelevant.  This is not news, the title of this thread should be "NSA can access your computer if they insert a wireless device into it".  Really?
This remark was made because the OP never mentioned Intel vPro in the first post of this thread.  There are only 2 links given
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/15/us/nsa-effort-pries-open-computers-not-connected-to-internet.html
and
http://thenextweb.com/insider/2014/01/15/nsa-reportedly-able-access-offline-computers-thanks-radio-wave-technology/?fromcat=all#
Neither link mentions Intel or Intel vPro.  Both articles have pictures of USB transmitters, hence my remark about an alternate name for the thread.
What you have done is try and introduce secondary information in an attempt to link Intel vPro Technology with the NSA.  Nice try, but no proof!
In-Q-Tel publish a list of all the companies they provide funding to, and nowhere on the list does Intel feature.  You need to live in the real world, base your assertions on provable facts.  Otherwise it is just libel.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Do any of you actually read anything before posting?
Yes I read the Infowars article on Intel's 3G enabled chips, but this is not the place to discuss that issue.
This forum is called Bitcointalk.  It is a forum for discussing Bitcoin related topics.  Bashing the NSA for your own political propaganda campaign is completely off topic with respect to Bitcoin.  Go away and create your own forum for anti NSA discussion.
Thanks.

So "Politics & Society" sub should be... banned?
There is an attempt being made to make a connection between "Intel vPro Technology" and the NSA.  The NSA did not create vPro, there is no evidence to suggest "Intelligence Agencies" from any country had anything to do with Intel's decision to implement vPro.  This thread belongs in "Speculation".  If you are here at Bitcointalk to create an enemy out of the NSA, please don't, go away and create your own forum for anti NSA discussion.  Satoshi Nakamoto had to leave this forum for the same reason, people didn't STFU when asked to.  Remember the post about WikiLeaks bringing heat.  Please Stop!
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)
Well it's not like they are doing this just to annoy us, the NSA needs to do this for the safety of us. I know this is a big invasion of privacy but would you rather be private and more illegal crime going on?
Well, i need money, that doesn't mean i should be stealing.

And this isn't about safety, it's about control.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
Well it's not like they are doing this just to annoy us, the NSA needs to do this for the safety of us. I know this is a big invasion of privacy but would you rather be private and more illegal crime going on?

dude should not use his NSA cubicle terminal to post on bitcointalk forum... Come on now!  Grin
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
Do any of you actually read anything before posting?
Yes I read the Infowars article on Intel's 3G enabled chips, but this is not the place to discuss that issue.
This forum is called Bitcointalk.  It is a forum for discussing Bitcoin related topics.  Bashing the NSA for your own political propaganda campaign is completely off topic with respect to Bitcoin.  Go away and create your own forum for anti NSA discussion.
Thanks.

So "Politics & Society" sub should be... banned?
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy

A victimless "crime", aka exercising liberty, cannot legitimately be called a crime.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
why would the nsa put so much focus into its own citizens shouldn't they be putting more energy into spying on America s enemies? almost no one is safe from being spied on nowadays even most cell phones nowadays have special devices in them that allow agencies to hear everything around the phone even if its not in use
scary stuff

American citizens are their government's enemies. No other logical explanation for our civil rights constantly being violated with impunity, and the worst possible evil "winning" every election that counts.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
why would the nsa put so much focus into its own citizens shouldn't they be putting more energy into spying on America s enemies? almost no one is safe from being spied on nowadays even most cell phones nowadays have special devices in them that allow agencies to hear everything around the phone even if its not in use
scary stuff
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
I tend to think that wireless spy chips becoming standard in PCs is somewhat relevant to Bitcoin.
It is very relevant. Out-of-band access can bypass all security precautions, even an offline machine with a wallet running Tails OS.
Out-of-band access has been available to anyone who is interested since the mid 80's.  Off the shelf equipment like the DataScan 2 from Codex allows anyone to observe your activities from a mile away.  Governments have protocols to prevent such emanations, to prevent remote observation and collection of sensitive data by unauthorized individuals (I assume you are concerned about someone obtaining your private keys?).  Tempest shielding was popular in the 90's to protect against spying.  Red/Black separation with optical network connections are used to prevent electromagnetic inductance from secure computers leaking sensitive information.  This is very standard in most military installations the world over.  What you need to understand is the attack surface is massive, you make no attempt to filter the signals leaving your computer through the power lines entering your home, you make no attempt to shield the data being processed by the CPU, what do you think happens when you switch at millions and billions of cycles per second.  Everything the CPU processes is transmitted, simple laws of physics, everything.  If you are serious about protecting your privacy on your computer, you had better learn about Van Eck Phreaking and Tempest monitoring at the very least.
To be clear, I would much prefer discussion about ways to grow the Bitcoin network, new services, and new ways to use Bitcoin.  Fun Stuff.
If you are concerned with those, use a laptop on battery and "Spread Spectrum" on your PC bios. Don't use it to try to distract from the discussion of NSA and the 3G radio inside Intel processors

Furthermore, as an Software Defined Radio entry level enthusiast, I don't really need to "learn" that. I know it.

legendary
Securing Bitcoin against centralized control is a prerequisite for growth.  Bitcoin isn't "fun" if the same criminals who have destroyed the fiat economy can just steal your Bitcoins at any time.

I really don't see why you are posting in this thread if you would rather be discussing something else.  Go discuss something else, then.
I tend to think that wireless spy chips becoming standard in PCs is somewhat relevant to Bitcoin.
It is very relevant. Out-of-band access can bypass all security precautions, even an offline machine with a wallet running Tails OS.
Out-of-band access has been available to anyone who is interested since the mid 80's.  Off the shelf equipment like the DataScan 2 from Codex allows anyone to observe your activities from a mile away.  Governments have protocols to prevent such emanations, to prevent remote observation and collection of sensitive data by unauthorized individuals (I assume you are concerned about someone obtaining your private keys?).  Tempest shielding was popular in the 90's to protect against spying.  Red/Black separation with optical network connections are used to prevent electromagnetic inductance from secure computers leaking sensitive information.  This is very standard in most military installations the world over.  What you need to understand is the attack surface is massive, you make no attempt to filter the signals leaving your computer through the power lines entering your home, you make no attempt to shield the data being processed by the CPU, what do you think happens when you switch at millions and billions of cycles per second.  Everything the CPU processes is transmitted, simple laws of physics, everything.  If you are serious about protecting your privacy on your computer, you had better learn about Van Eck Phreaking and Tempest monitoring at the very least.
To be clear, I would much prefer discussion about ways to grow the Bitcoin network, new services, and new ways to use Bitcoin.  Fun Stuff.
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: