Pages:
Author

Topic: The pirate speaks - page 2. (Read 12933 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
September 18, 2012, 07:27:53 PM
There are many ways this affects the rest of the community. it's not just price crash and terribly bad publicity.

Price crash? I must of missed that one.
40% fall in 3 days. What do you want to call?

Six days below the 30 day EMA after...2+ months over?

Exactly... it was an overdue correction that got blown out of proportion because some newbies panicked based on stupid ass forum rumors.

Before any of the pirate news went down most sane market participants were already prepared for the inevitable dip after that crazy run up.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015
September 18, 2012, 06:49:17 PM
A minor blip in the big scheme of things. Didn't you take advantage of it? Remember; greed is good "the_thing."
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
September 18, 2012, 06:29:17 PM
There are many ways this affects the rest of the community. it's not just price crash and terribly bad publicity.

I call that buying opportunity. Greed is good.
So it wasn't a price crash?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
September 18, 2012, 06:23:24 PM

Classic Ponzi schemes have a negative return on effort.

• Bernie Madoff worked for full time for 20 years on his business and recovered nothing.  His son killed himself and he got a 150 year prison sentence.
  • Charles Ponzi work full time on his business for 2 years and recovered nothing.  He spent 14 years in prision and was then deported to Italy.  He died in poverty.

Yes and no.  While ponzi operators may have little to show at the end of the day, they often get to live large on other people's money for a period of time before the scheme collapses.  The operator of Zeek rewards transferred tens of millions to himself and family members and some of that will never be recovered.  

It's also not as if every small time ponzi operator ends up facing criminal prosecution.  Many will end up bankrupt at worst and plenty prepare for that eventuality.
legendary
September 18, 2012, 06:22:23 PM

I call that buying opportunity. Greed is good.
September 18, 2012, 06:13:18 PM

legendary
September 18, 2012, 06:08:33 PM

September 18, 2012, 06:03:23 PM
I guess ignorance is bliss.
This conversation leads nowhere. Go in peace.
legendary
Activity: 1022
September 18, 2012, 05:58:14 PM
Exactly how BTCST and investors affects you (early adopter registered a month ago) and the project bitcoin? Here are all bitcoin enthusiasts, the only difference is we have the balls to take risks.

Go to section of developers because you only interested in the technical side and stop bothering.
> I bought my first bitcoins the day I register on this forum
>implying I'm not a long-time lurker
>implying Bitcoin isn't vulnerable as fuck
there are many ways this affects the rest of the community. it's not just price crash and terribly bad publicity. govt might get involved and destroy Bitcoin with one stupid law. one wise man on this forum once said : you have to realize that you represent Bitcoin with everything you do.
seems to me that you're just looking to make quick cash and don't really give a shit about Bitcoin at all. truth be told, I'm glad pirate ripped you off. serves you right.

> implying that here we're all idiots

If you loves  bitcoin and don't want  make a profit no matter the price change, crash and rallys do not matter.
Bad publicity? please, is the currency of higher growth and value in the world
Worried that the government destroy bitcoin? are you seriously?

Dude, seriously buy all bitcoins and be happy, but do not put your nose into the business of others;)
September 18, 2012, 05:46:14 PM
Exactly how BTCST and investors affects you (early adopter registered a month ago) and the project bitcoin? Here are all bitcoin enthusiasts, the only difference is we have the balls to take risks.

Go to section of developers because you only interested in the technical side and stop bothering.
>implying I bought my first bitcoins the day I register on this forum
>implying I'm not a long-time lurker
>implying Bitcoin isn't vulnerable as fuck
there are many ways this affects the rest of the community. it's not just price crash and terribly bad publicity. govt might get involved and destroy Bitcoin with one stupid law. one wise man on this forum once said : you have to realize that you represent Bitcoin with everything you do.
seems to me that you're just looking to make quick cash and don't really give a shit about Bitcoin at all. truth be told, I'm glad pirate ripped you off. serves you right.

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009
September 18, 2012, 05:41:38 PM
I almost feel bad about having principles and not taking advantage of all these idiots. This guy is playing the Ponzi scam book line by line. This is so easy it's insane.

Go ahead try it.  I think you will fail.  It's not easy.  In fact it looks like it was difficult.  If pirateat40 was running a ponzi I don't think his return on effort was all that much.  And his return gets worse as time passes.

• Bernie Madoff worked for full time for 20 years on his business and recovered nothing.  His son killed himself and he got a 150 year prison sentence.
  • Charles Ponzi work full time on his business for 2 years and recovered nothing.  He spent 14 years in prision and was then deported to Italy.  He died in poverty.

Also there's competition you'd have to deal with. Sergei Mavrodi has his recruiters working on this board right now for yet another Ponzi. Luckily the mods are pretty good at cleaning those up.
legendary
September 18, 2012, 05:37:05 PM
I do not understand people who have nothing to do with pirate and are fucking around these threads, like with bitcoinica, etc.

The whole community is focused on the money ... bitcoin is money and BTCST seemed a good investment, want it back is not greed.
That's the problem. For me it's not just money. I like this project, I care about it. I invest in it and watch the whole environment grow. ...and then some fucking idiot like you comes and ruins everything out of greed. Because BTCST didn't look like a good investment at all. Pirate's victims were too greedy to notice an obvious, blatant ponzi scheme.

Hurr, durr, 7% per week. I'm gonna be rich...

Seriously, idiots like you should stop being involved in Bitcoin. Sell your btcs and go away. Plenty of fiat ponzi schemes out there.

September 18, 2012, 05:33:56 PM
But scammers who didn't get caught are filthy rich.

And how exactly do you know that?
Because the place I come from has a long and rich history of ponzi schemes. My nation has learned its lesson the hard way. And it is publicly known how these scammers live. They are billionaires, because they spotted the right time to leave the game and enjoy money.
September 18, 2012, 05:31:52 PM
I do not understand people who have nothing to do with pirate and are fucking around these threads, like with bitcoinica, etc.

The whole community is focused on the money ... bitcoin is money and BTCST seemed a good investment, want it back is not greed.
That's the problem. For me it's not just money. I like this project, I care about it. I invest in it and watch the whole environment grow. ...and then some fucking idiot like you comes and ruins everything out of greed. Because BTCST didn't look like a good investment at all. Pirate's victims were too greedy to notice an obvious, blatant ponzi scheme.

Hurr, durr, 7% per week. I'm gonna be rich...

Seriously, idiots like you should stop being involved in Bitcoin. Sell your btcs and go away. Plenty of fiat ponzi schemes out there.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
... it only gets better...
September 18, 2012, 05:30:28 PM
But scammers who didn't get caught are filthy rich.

And how exactly do you know that?
September 18, 2012, 05:25:25 PM
If pirateat40 was running a ponzi I don't think his return on effort was all that much.  And his return gets worse as time passes.

You obviously don't understand how Ponzi schemes work. If you do it right, you have a huge profit. Because the snowball effect brings you more money at disposal everytime you give a small amount back to investors. Vast majority of ponzi scheme victims reinvest their profits. Madoff and Ponzi failed because they got caught. They failed to find the right time to quit. But scammers who didn't get caught are filthy rich.
legendary
September 18, 2012, 05:20:35 PM
I almost feel bad about having principles and not taking advantage of all these idiots. This guy is playing the Ponzi scam book line by line. This is so easy it's insane.
You'd have to wait for some time though. Right now the community is in the phase of moral hangover. When the pirate thing finally fades out, they'll be all bullish for ponzi schemes (and other scams) again.

I don't feel bad. I am disgusted, disappointed and ashamed of other people's idiocy. Even NOW there are still people who still trust pirate at least to some extent. I mean... how is that even possible? They must be completely, utterly retarded, for christ's sake! Only the fact that they've lost large sums of money provides me a little satisfaction. Anyway, I'm enraged. I'm trying to laugh it off, but I guess this is just too much for me.

I guess the quote in my sig pretty much sums it up. Fucking greed is in all of you. And you don't know how to control it yet.

/rant

Activity: 451
Merit: 250
September 18, 2012, 05:17:56 PM

Go ahead try it.  I think you will fail.  It's not easy.  In fact it looks like it was difficult.  If pirateat40 was running a ponzi I don't think his return on effort was all that much.  And his return gets worse as time passes.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
September 18, 2012, 05:14:53 PM
<@pirateat40> Those looking to file a suit against me or BTCST will not be eligible for repayment.

I would be fascinated to know on what legal ground, he believes this statement is enforceable. 

Let's use a little common sense.  He is essentially taking the position of "I know I breached this contract with you. But if you sue me for breach of contract I will never pay you!" 

Good luck with that. 

What contract?  Does anyone actually have a signed contract?  A loan document?  Even a promissory note?  

Does this count?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Loan - Storage
notme

By investing with pirateat40 (Trendon Shavers) you agree to allow your coins to be traded or sold at anytime to anyone. Your balance will remain unchanged regardless if there are pending transactions conducted by pirateat40. In return you will be paid 1% per day in interest that will be paid out every 3 days starting on your deposit date.  In the event you wish to withdraw your funds you must make a request via IRC or email ([email protected]).  You will receive the your withdraw within 24 hours, minus any interest earned until the next interest payout date.

Your deposit address is 1RyHc22Ma7UZDjjG1pdQREhA4bbAZPHZG

pirateat40

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (MingW32)
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=8uKU
-----END PGP SIGNATURE----
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
... it only gets better...
September 18, 2012, 05:04:01 PM

Are you suggesting stop trying to get justice?
Pages:
Jump to: