Pages:
Author

Topic: THE Place to Shop w/ Bitcoin: BitCoinWorldMarket.com - page 4. (Read 9048 times)

Activity: 774
Merit: 500
Look ARROUND!

They're not actually stocking any products.  They're just drop-shipping from a warehouse supplier.  That's why you won't see any information about products that weren't part of their massive copy + paste.  You place an order with them in BTC, they cash it out into USD, pocket their 100-400% profit, then log into their Amazon account and order the items (with USD) to be delivered to you.

Activity: 530
well, looks like so many items are overpriced, and that more than 100% in total cost for buyer...

nutiva hemp protein --- 1.38 btc !?!? before shipping and "sales fckn tax"
it goes for 10 bucks elsewhere, and even lower for bigger orders...

why is everyone so greedy ?
merchants, I mean.
and don't give me that expenses shit explanation...

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1001
Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data
Your site is awesome and I love your open and professional attitude!
This is exactly THE gateway the Bitcoin economy needs for slowly getting merchants and vendors to accept BTC directly.

I already have a list of items I'd like to buy - expect a large order once you ship internationally.

Great job!!!
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I'd like to see nutritional information on the foods that you sell, and more information in general about all of the products.  Not to harp on the memory card thing, but it would be nice to see brand names, for example.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Don't forget to add your website to the wiki. You should add your website to the wiki trade page(https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade), and also create your own special page wiki page (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/BitcoinWorldMarket). It should help bring in some traffic.
Activity: 32
... And I run the BTC Economy Plugin, so I can say with certainty that indeed the volume of bitcoin merchandise available just doubled.

Hehe well we hope to quintuple it shortly Wink

... And I run the BTC Economy Plugin, so I can say with certainty that indeed the volume of bitcoin merchandise available just doubled.
Amazing! I think you just doubled the amount of merchandise available in the community overnight!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Side-stepping the matrix | Bit by bit
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
organic stuff, nice!

mmmm .... Green Mountain Coffee Roasters coffee paid for in Bitcoins .... mmmm

That would be yummy!

Cheers,
Adam
Activity: 75
It would in fact be illegal if we did not collect tax. As we explained on The Bitcoin Show at http://www.onlyonetv.com when someone pays us in Bitcoin we immediately take the portion we charged for tax and convert it to US Dollars and set that aside to pay the required sales tax.

The Tax laws cover barter as well and you are required to pay the equivalent tax in USD for that as well. Bitcoin transactions legally are very similar.

Also just to let people know currently we are only required to collect sales tax from customers located in California.

Activity: 32
Actually to be honest our cost is $59.00  for that 16Gb Card

When was the last time a merchant told you their cost? We are not looking to rip anyone off. Please take your Trolling elsewhere.

Why, on earth, would you buy from that supplier when you could buy it retail for a third of the price?  You're either being very deceptive or very incompetent, so why should anyone trust you with any money (fake or real)?

Jalum,

Thank you for your feedback. We will be contacting our supplier to ensure that the price is up to date. Once we receive a response from them we will take appropriate action. We are committed to finding the best deals we can and hope to build a relationship of trust.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. I'm sure you can understand we have our hands full with various aspects of the site and occasionally things will get past us.
Activity: 56
Good luck with your business. Looks very promising. Well except that tax part. Hope that's taken care of. Looking forward to seeing how this develops.
Look ARROUND!

And you didn't answer my tax question.  Can you legally charge tax in bitcoins?
Look ARROUND!

When was the last time a merchant told you their cost? We are not looking to rip anyone off. Please take your Trolling elsewhere.

Why, on earth, would you buy from that supplier when you could buy it retail for a third of the price?  You're either being very deceptive or very incompetent, so why should anyone trust you with any money (fake or real)?

Look ARROUND!

Hmm...is it even legal for you to charge tax in bitcoins?  I doubt your state has a bitcoin wallet address for you to make monthly sales tax payments to.
Look ARROUND!
Jalum,

Most small merchants cannot compete with big box retailers. When you buy 100,000 SD cards that allows you to get a significant discount. Unfortunately we not have the same purchasing power as new egg.

We are not looking to rip anyone off. This is only one product in over 10,000. If it is priced too high for you we encourage you to pass on the purchase. Thank you for the heads up however, we will contact our supplier and pass along the message and see if we can negotiate a lower price.

Thanks for the feedback though!

You phrase that like the vendor is charging you $75 for it and you're just adding your $6 markup so you can keep the lights on.  Seriously?  I just told you where you can buy them (retail!) for a fifth of the price.

Fess up, you guys just take in these poor suckers' money/fakecoins, then you put an order in at newegg or better yet dealextreme, and dropship the order to the end user.  And pocket 400% profit in the process.  Rinse and repeat for your 20 jar boxes of organic applesauce and whatever other crap you guys shill.

HAHA I went back and you've changed all the pricing to bitcoins to hide how much you're ripping people off.  I love it!

Activity: 17
organic stuff, nice!
Jalum,

Most small merchants cannot compete with big box retailers. When you buy 100,000 SD cards that allows you to get a significant discount. Unfortunately we do not have the same purchasing power as new egg.

We are not looking to rip anyone off. This is only one product in over 10,000. If it is priced too high for you we encourage you to pass on the purchase. Thank you for the heads up however, we will contact our supplier and pass along the message and see if we can negotiate a lower price.

Thanks for the feedback though!

Pages:
Jump to: