Pages:
Author

Topic: The possibility of bitcoin becoming a global currency. - page 2. (Read 254 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2013
What is your take on this?

My take on this is that this has been discussed ad nauseam on the forum and my opinion on it has not changed. Bitcoin is more on its way to becoming a global store of value than a global currency, mainly because of Gresham's law and the problem of scalability in payments that neither the blockchain nor the second layer solutions existing today could sustain if it had to handle as many payments as are made in dollars today.

What exactly is a global currency?

Basically something like the dollar today, which is not only used in the USA, but also in other countries that do not issue it, as well as for many international payments such as commodities.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
What exactly is a global currency? Does it mean the government uses them to keep their fiat afloat? I don't see them going that way. At least the majority of the government wouldn't bet on something as risky as Bitcoin as of now. Things might change if we reach the point where the Bitcoin price is stable and rarely move, years away from now.

Personally, as long as I can use Bitcoin to pay for stuff through the internet, that is good enough. It is definitely cheaper and more secure compared to other alternatives that I have right now.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 4270
With the reality of wealth being amassed through bitcoin overtime by so many individuals globally,i see bitcoin taking over  or becoming a global currency.
This for me of course may take time to happen, with the right education in the heart of the old and young old and young which of course is not an easy task but give it time it can be  possible.

Bitcoin is the best and most famous cryptocurrency, but it has all the same risks as other cryptocurrencies. That is, bitcoin can cost very little when manipulators start selling off their coins, so countries develop their own payment systems that they can control. I believe that bitcoin will be traded as a digital asset on exchanges, but it will not be a global currency.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
With the reality of wealth being amassed through bitcoin overtime by so many individuals globally,i see bitcoin taking over  or becoming a global currency.
This for me of course may take time to happen, with the right education in the heart of the old and young old and young which of course is not an easy task but give it time it can be  possible.

Pages:
Jump to: