Pages:
Author

Topic: The price of gas is still 20 cents, in 90% silver dimes. - page 4. (Read 7269 times)

legendary
Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001
Also, with inflation, you constantly have negotiate wage increases just to keep the same income.
With a hard currency this is not an issue.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Exactly.  What your doing is locking in the value of your Dollars now, so that when they go down you don't lose anything.  Smart money does it this way.  The stock market is a rigged game, and only a sucker plays a rigged game.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007
That's the point of owning Gold and Silver.  It keeps its value against Inflation.
Right, but a lot of other investments grow faster than inflation.  Why would I invest in gold/silver when there are better options for investment?

There are not a lot of other investments that grow faster than inflation.  Some do, and have, but picking the right one is key.  If you can reliablely do so in advance, then do it.  But most people don't have the time or skills to research through all the crap in order to find the diamond.  Given no other real choice, buying gold or silver simply as capital preservation against debasement is a valid stragedy.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
It's not and investment.  It's value doesn't change.  The only thing that changes is the value of what you use to buy it.

USD goes down, price of Gold goes up.  USD goes up, price of Gold goes down.

Price of Gold in 1950 was about $34.  The value of the USD has dropped so much that $34 then is worth over $1600 now.  In non Gold terms we can equate this to the price of a really nice suit.  Worth about $34 then, and about $1600 now.

This is what the Bankers have done to our Dollar.
It IS an investment.  You can't buy things with it directly (except for gas in Ashland).
It's not and investment.  It's value doesn't change.  The only thing that changes is the value of what you use to buy it.

USD goes down, price of Gold goes up.  USD goes up, price of Gold goes down.

Price of Gold in 1950 was about $34.  The value of the USD has dropped so much that $34 then is worth over $1600 now.  In non Gold terms we can equate this to the price of a really nice suit.  Worth about $34 then, and about $1600 now.

This is what the Bankers have done to our Dollar.
legendary
That's the point of owning Gold and Silver.  It keeps its value against Inflation.
Right, but a lot of other investments grow faster than inflation.  Why would I invest in gold/silver when there are better options for investment?
legendary
I don't see the problem.  I'll take silver dimes any day.

Problem is, you're only getting paid $0.40/hr in 90% silver dimes.  Wink
I'm just saying, the price of gas only costing you $0.20 in 90% silver dimes is a pretty pointless metric.  It's still the same percentage of income today as it was back in the 60's (give or take 20%).
I don't see the problem.  I'll take silver dimes any day.

legendary
ahhh  Silver, God love it!
Pages:
Jump to: