Pages:
Author

Topic: The price of most ERC20 tokens depends on the price of the ether! - page 2. (Read 460 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 10
It seems to me not correct that the price of most ERC20 tokens depends on the price of the ether! What do you think?

In my opinion, of course prices can be affected, but will not be able to make conclusions when tokens have been released on the market. Consensus starts to develop, and good tokens will start pairing with fiat currency, and this will break dependence, even though the global situation will still be a reference.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
The price of ether depends on the btc. Yeah that is cryptomarket. WHen btc red all are red. Why is that? Because BTC have most infrastructur that bridge with real life business. Many offline and online shop accept btc. HOtel, restaurant, buy house, cars and services of hosting accept BTC. When BTC demand increase the price increase too. Look at tokens, new tokens have supporter fewer than 10 000 people. active trading about 20 % or more. No products, no infrastructur, the tokens will be abandoned by traders.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
It seems to me not correct that the price of most ERC20 tokens depends on the price of the ether! What do you think?
most altcoins are converted to bitcoin and also ethereum, so of course the altcoin exchange rate depends on the two coins.
Activity: 420
I don't think so Smiley. Although all ERC-20 tokens created depend on ETH's blockchain but price of each ERC-20 token depend on quality of project behind Smiley. If a token has good project behind, its price can rise to the moon while ETH price is falling. For example, at the moment ETH price is really low but price of good tokens keep rising at the same time Smiley.
Activity: 486
Not only ETH, I think all ERC20 tokens' price depend on BTC price as well Smiley. BTC is the king of this world and it affect to all other cryptocurrencies' price in this world. But I think ETH has more effect than BTC to ERC-20 token because all these tokens work depend on Blockchain of ETH.
Activity: 182

I don't think that is true, price of erc20 tokens does not depend on the eth price, the price of erc20 tokens depends on the demand of the coins in the market, if the project is a really good project and with good partnerships then the price will be increasing.
Activity: 206
Merit: 11

Never, erc20 token price not depend ethereum. Every alt coin price depend community and trading volume. Erc20 token just created using ethereum blockchain, it doesn't mean ethereum controlling price of all erc20 token. No value of ERC20 it self if there isn't trader community to trade the token. Any one able to create erc20 token by using small gas fee. But it will be worst if no community for trading with it.

Yeah sure, I agree with your point, erc20 tokens price does not depend on eth price, that they are hosted on the ethereum network doesn't mean that it depends on eth price, the price of tokens depends on the market demand and supply.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10

I think so, because usually the developer provides purchases with Ethereum. But I think that happens when ico, because after the token is registered on the market, there is a possibility of coins being pumped or vice versa. And I think the most affected are developers, even though investors pay for it.
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments

I do not agree totally that price of most erc20 tokens depends on the price of eth, all erc20 tokens price depends on the market performance, it does not really matter of ethereum is up or not, even though they are depend on ethereum network but eth price does not have any much effect on them.
Activity: 126
They are and not depending on each other. Sometimes when ethereum not stable and down in price, the ERC20 not affected. But when we say bitcoin, it should be affected as all token/coin depending on this coin.
Activity: 336
Merit: 2
I don't really think so, I might agree on that if you had mentioned bitcoin, but for eth, I don't think other erc20 tokens depends on it's price because most times even when eth price is down, some erc20 tokens will still stay strong.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
the only thing that you need to realize is that both ETH and its tokens are speculative "things". and being speculative means their prices are not real, it is based on faith of investors in the profit that they can potentially gain in the future as these things get pumped.

so when the "faith" in a pump is shattered or as the investors come to realization that the pump has been over and the dump has begun they start dumping everything and price of all of them come down together.
Activity: 966
Merit: 546
Tokens literally need Ethereum for core functions of them As well, tokens would not even be in existence if it wasn't for Ethereum. Tokens need Ethereum gas to even be sent from one wallet to the next... Ethereum is tied to Bitcoin and tokens are tied to Ethereum whether you like it or not.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1

Of course there is an effect, but we will always look for references to usd or values in fiat. But when the token is still in the ico process, then of course Ethereum's situation will determine the price of a token, even though some projects give prices with dollars.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 505
thought the bitcoin still give a lot of impact to the price of ERC20 tokens too. But it's true that the price of ERC20 tokens depend on the ethereum. But i thought that you can try to see what has already happened with it. Mostly of coins are following ethereum and bitcoin trend right now.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250

Maybe that happens when a coin is paired with Bitcoin or Ethereum, and is normal when prices influence each other.
But I think when a token has been listed in many markets and received a global response, the Ether price and erc20 tokens situation can be contradictory.
Activity: 64

Always will return to their respective tokens, because after the token is released, nothing can affect the price except the community. And even developers will not be able to control prices. Indeed the global situation, say Bitcoin or Ethereum will have an effect on a token, but I think all tokens or altcoins will also refer to Bitcoin or Ether trends.
Activity: 490
Merit: 17
That is the major reason why when ether is getting dump most of the erc20 tokens are also getting dump.  There transactions hundred percent depends on ethereum network an as such ethereum has great said on them.
Activity: 322
I think so the price of tokens depends on Ethereum but he, in turn, depends on bitcoin , here's to us here monarchy ))
Activity: 154
Well, that's a fair pattern. For the survival of all those tokens need to have Etherium things went well, all tokens erc-20 depend directly on Eterium.
Pages:
Jump to: