Pages:
Author

Topic: The real value of blockchain - page 3. (Read 358 times)

Activity: 2632
Merit: 544
May 31, 2020, 07:18:06 AM
If you are talking about monetary value here, it's really hard to quantify it. But according to this article, they can save $50 billion per year in Logistics Industry. Another good example is in Land Registry services, we all know that around the globe, there are a lot of disputes in land specially in third world countries. Blockchain can help when all the records are transparent and permanent and it's going to be difficult to tamper the data itself.

But blockchain technology is not for everyone, specially if you are thinking of applying it on a small to mid-tier data sets. A good centralised database or relational database management system will be suffice enough, in my opinion.
Activity: 276
Merit: 23
May 31, 2020, 06:26:52 AM
I’m trying to figure out the REAL value of blockchain. For example creating social network on BC is totally useless, BC for cryptocurrency is the REAL value

Can someone explain what’s the real value, why would I build something on BC except for “decentralization”. If I can build something with other technology why would I use BC.

What is it that I can do ONLY with BC and cannot be created with any other tech?

Please help me see the value in BC because I still don’t see it
Pages:
Jump to: