Pages:
Author

Topic: The RealCoin Idea - page 5. (Read 5866 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
February 26, 2012, 03:48:20 AM
There's no way for a currency to be both pegged AND decentralized.  It just doesn't work.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
February 26, 2012, 03:26:14 AM
Haven't seen anything about it lately, but i was thinking and throwing some ideas around

If there were to be a $1/coin altcoin, where all coins are premined and sold at $1, and bought back at any time for $1...

a) How would we remove trust from the equation? how could the money be stored in a transparent way with no way of 'running off' with it? How could we prevent chargeback fraud?

b) Is there a way we could always pay $1/coin?, if there are any fee's, taxes or frauds the money from selling will be less than would be owing if everyone cashed out at once, If there are zero fee's charged (pay $1/coin get paid $1/coin), could it qualify as a not-for-profit and skip some of those fee's and taxes?

c) Unlike realcoin i would want it to be decentralised from the start, what would be a good way to do transaction fees?

i was thinking 1% of the total amount sent by default but the miners can set the minimum they want to accept and the clients can send what they want to send, with a warning about not getting confirmations with <1% fees... or The base fee is the minimum for 51% of miners to accept and then the rewards will find a place between the maximum people are willing to pay in fee's and the minimum miners are willing to mine for

Pages:
Jump to: