Pages:
Author

Topic: The rise and fall of stablecoins - page 2. (Read 27872 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 250
January 09, 2019, 10:38:12 PM
Stable coin can be a good choice to hold for a long time, since their price less likely to drop in a significant amount.
What in my mind is if we wish to keep our fund safe, but it doesn't has a big chance of high increase, then stable coin can be choose for it.
Activity: 616
Merit: 13
January 09, 2019, 10:32:08 PM
In this bear market, stablecoins have been on fire. With the recent news of basis going down, what does everyone think of stablecoins? Curious as to what you guys think about Ampleforth (aka Fragments aka Basis's competitor) and their model too.

I'm pretty bullish on stablecoins in general  Cheesy

stable coins are just for locking profits, its our protection to crypto volatility. So they are not a kind of investment because it will always remain 1$, But i am not saying that you cant make money holding it, once it drops about .98$ assume the price will back up to 1$ so you can make less money there.
Activity: 658
Merit: 10
Catena X
January 09, 2019, 07:14:56 PM
In this kind of bearish market, I don't think that the stable coins also can survive at all. Well, I mean that it is not only about the stable coins. It is about how this market will progress. I really hope that especially the stable coins can survive and then make certain significant progress to up. This has the chance and we need to support them.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
January 09, 2019, 06:22:13 PM
I honestly think we need to re-classify stablecoins. there's so many of them and they're all different from each other.
Activity: 40
Activity: 45
Activity: 41
December 28, 2018, 02:41:16 PM
Stable coins are needed because of the huge volatility of the market. They are especially useful during the bear market, when many traders are shorting their coins.
When the market is stable anyway that is not a big benefit of them.

What are your thoughts on Ampleforth's elastic supply model for everyday use? https://www.ampleforth.org/
Activity: 406
December 27, 2018, 05:16:22 PM
Stable coins are needed because of the huge volatility of the market. They are especially useful during the bear market, when many traders are shorting their coins.
When the market is stable anyway that is not a big benefit of them.
Activity: 41
December 27, 2018, 03:26:48 PM
i am anti fiat coins lol. been rooting for ampleforth (or fragments) since march of this year  Cheesy
Activity: 46
December 26, 2018, 04:59:42 PM
In this bear market, stablecoins have been on fire. With the recent news of basis going down, what does everyone think of stablecoins? Curious as to what you guys think about Ampleforth (aka Fragments aka Basis's competitor) and their model too.

Those stable coins that are now on the market are very popular, but every day the investor is looking for such an asset as a tether, so that there is no influence of bears and volatility.

Yes I agree. Ampleforth proves a great solution for bear markets and volatility. Pretty awesome team and backed by Pantera too.
Activity: 390
Merit: 100
December 25, 2018, 02:01:17 PM

Those stable coins that are now on the market are very popular, but every day the investor is looking for such an asset as a tether, so that there is no influence of bears and volatility.
even the price for stablecoin are down, they are backed by FIAT and in little time the price are stable again although bearish attacked again and again stable coin too strong.

and yes stable coin is very populer for now, many corporation trying to create their own stablecoin, and make investor take the chance for making profit from them
Activity: 1050
Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi
December 25, 2018, 01:40:38 PM
Do whatever you do the price of a stable coin is always be like any fiat maybe its USD OR EURO. Yeah for sudden bullish or bearish market sometimes we a little change of stable coin. But that is ignorable. Many stable coin is backed so wherever it goes it will come to its price where it pegged. So don't bullish on stable coin cause it is not planned for investment. Better keep your money in fiat better than investing in stablecoins.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
December 25, 2018, 01:28:57 PM
Stablecoins are as stable as their pegged fiat currencies. If the math is correct they should rise or fall in relation to their corresponding fiats.
oho
Activity: 490
Investing in the future development of blockchain
December 25, 2018, 12:27:42 PM
It depends on what stable coins mean! Whales want to take profits for the new year, so we see these growth flashes of many coins, I think everything will decline soon!
Activity: 392
December 25, 2018, 09:38:40 AM

Activity: 714
Merit: 11
December 25, 2018, 09:35:54 AM
Stable coins was a great idea at the start and some of them like USDT or USDC has already a good volume and owners receive nor bad dividents for that. But looks like today born to lot of new stablecoin. Some people say's that we dont need such kind of coins.
Activity: 434
Merit: 1
December 25, 2018, 09:31:19 AM
For your information, there is no kind of coin which is stable as fiat. Even if there is a token who represent a fiat like USDT, it can move to $1.1 or $0.9, not always $1.
Activity: 350
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
December 25, 2018, 09:19:28 AM
Let's be honest, it is not that the altcoins are really dying out they are the way they are right now because the entire market is in a bear market. Give it some time and let the market go into another bull and you are going to see just how well the coins are going to do once they start to hit those new all time highs, it is just a matter of time
Activity: 994
Merit: 138
December 25, 2018, 06:50:16 AM
For me, the stablecoin does not give a large profit, but investing in stable coin has a very little risk of loss. this type of crypto is not suitable for trading. they only deserve to be used as tip payments.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 465
Telegram: @jperryC
December 25, 2018, 06:39:29 AM
Wait- what? What stable coins? I haven't heard any stable coins in the market since all of them are volatile where in after a few days they're on fire raging up its price and look today the price is rolling like a stone downwards the only stablecoins I know are the shitcoins which prices stays at 0.00000001BTC
Pages:
Jump to: