Pages:
Author

Topic: The risk of investing in cryptocurrency - page 2. (Read 355 times)

Activity: 486
Merit: 27
HIRE ME FOR SMALL TASK
January 01, 2020, 12:37:42 AM
you must set a goal, Know and calculate the return of investment.

Sometimes you  take a risk if you do not know what you are doing.
 Before Investing in cryptocurrency you must know how to read the chart the flow itself, the capability of the crypto you are into.
Inside and out for a win win competition of Income in Risk.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
December 27, 2019, 09:32:07 PM
1) only hoard coins that serve a purpose/have real utility
2) if the coins are not on your solely own private keys, the coins aint yours
3) buy low sell high
4) dont set a time deadline for profit. if you need funds back in a certain time dont invest it
5) dont put all your assets into one basket dont put your unique basket(s) into one gamble(one order price)
6) spread the risk but not your control.
7) dont invest via emotion. invest via planned decision
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
December 26, 2019, 09:27:58 AM
Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies as a whole seem very risky compared to even Forex, which is much more predictable than crypto.

This forex part has my attention. I think forex trade too isn't that easy for a novice just as cryptocurrency or bitcoin isn't too for a novice. Both have their spotting light to lead you if you understand them. When it comes to technical, both can be predictable because it is same TA in the trading terminal.

So, we just have to deal with the fundamental or news like when a whale decision to throw in surprise without informing his tiny hodler neighbour  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
December 26, 2019, 03:14:15 AM
My opinion on cryptocurrency and its risk revolves around not chasing the hype, we saw such practice during the ICO era and early this year when the IEO madness began. The "not selling at loss" philosophy can be misleading most especially when you have already made the mistake of Investing in worthless project while chasing the hype. I was taught to understand that there are good debit (good looses) and a perfect example could be selling off those liabilities disguise as coins (shitcoins) you hold in your wallet just because you're buying into the idea of not selling at loss. Most altcoins won't recover after a bear market and the earlier we Investors starts understanding this fact the better our investment decision will become and reduce the risk we encounter while investing in cryptocurrency.

Still on the risk in cryptocurrency (my opinion), we need to understand that some coins aren't worth Investing in although they might be the perfect project to engage in if you're into trading or wanting to engage in such. Making the mistake of Investing in such project (based on the fact, Investing has to do with a longer period of time) becomes risky since the chances of such project yielding project on a long run becomes minimum or zero.
Activity: 421
Merit: 97
December 25, 2019, 06:11:36 PM
You can only lose if you sell at loss. If you are at loss just hold the damn coins. If you cannot hold the coins it means you invested more than you can afford to lose so
deserve it.

I spoke with a trader who is involved in commodities. He told me Bitcoin and crypto in general is at the acceptable level of volatility. It's just traders with no experience or
traders that are professional on stock or forex only that complain about volatility. Crypto assets are fine as long as you know what you do
Activity: 438
Merit: 266
December 25, 2019, 05:11:42 PM
Every smart investor knows that with every investment there comes unavoidable risk, so the investing rule #1 is: Never ever invest more than you can afford to lose.

However, the higher the risk is, the higher chances of profit are. Of course, the Bitcoin is way less risky than altcoins, however, Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies as a whole seem very risky compared to even Forex, which is much more predictable than crypto.

The more you invest, the bigger likely profit is, but if you are wrong, the losses are bigger as well.

What are your opinions in cryptocurrency and risk?
Pages:
Jump to: