Pages:
Author

Topic: The Risks and Rewards of Cryptocurrencies - page 15. (Read 5529 times)

copper member
Activity: 242
Merit: 18
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Risk has always been part of life. The only way you get any reward is when you take risks. Whether big or small or even mild. Volatility of the cryptocurrency is nothing new. It has been there since its inception. It is well recognized or even generally accepted. As far as the future of cryptocurrency is concerned, things will only get better. More adoptions and reviews will lead to better operation.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
Exactly.Crypto investment has always been risky but the profit we can reap is really worth the risks.Nobody here can exactly predict the future of crypto so it turns out to be just like gambling but there is more chances of making gains here than in real gambling.As long we never sell our coins when price dumps and continue to hold,still we can make good profits. 
To be fair every single investment has a risk, but one of the biggest problems I see is the mentality of those that enter the market, in other markets people are not really looking to become rich overnight, they are only trying to multiply their capital slowly and methodically but in this market people invest all their money in an unknown coin and the chances they lose their money by taking such a reckless action is very high, or even if they invest in bitcoin they use leverage to try to diminish the time needed to get huge profits not realizing that by doing that they risk losing everything.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
Everything has risks. It is up to us if we are prepared to face it. There are many risk when you invested in cryptocurrencies because market is very volatile. If we know well what we get into we can minimize those risks. I invested in crypto because I'm more thinking that it will have a great value in the future mostly bitcoin.
If you know how to manage the risk in this high volatility market of cryptocurrency you will less likely to lose a lot. You will be gaining more profit no matter what or where field you are assigned as long as you learned the process of risk management. Crypto market is not that hard to understand as long as you the fundamentals.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
It seems to me that it is much easier to definitely invest and trade in coins of an already completed project, because you can predict its relevance based on the history of the project, as well as the pricing schedule of coins.  But if we are talking about a new project, the risks increase several times, because even a full Technical Analysis cannot give a full guarantee of good results.

It`s like you say, just add that possible profit in the end can be much higher. It`s logical, bitcoin is very expensive now, who can afford to buy whole bitcoin? On other side you can invest 100 dollars in some new project, with current price under a dollar you can get many whole coins, if price rise one day you can make huge profit.
Nobody can give you any guarantees, but look where crypto market is now, I can`t believe that grow will stop any time soon, world just started to take interest and we are still far away from global adoption, that gives crypto currencies a lot of space for further grow in every possible term.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
~studying the team or names does not differ from studying the whole project because there is a potential that they could fake it all . scams are everywhere these days  .

There are people who think that anything can be faked on the Internet, but I don't belong to this group. I think when someone is listed as a developer, and this person confirms that on their twitter(or any other social) account then it's true. Scams are everywhere, but they are so easily spotted by a trained eye that people ignore them without even noticing. Besides, do you really think that it's easy to come to some right conclusions after studying the whole project? I don't think so. Many projects look very promising, and it's impossible to tell whether they will fail or succeed in the future. So, I think researching about the team members provide you with more useful information.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 516
1BTC Welcome Bonus
As you mentioned in your title this volatility nature only going to confirm risk and rewards what amount eaten make with your cryptocurrencies. If you believe any cryptocurrency which can arise big in the marketplace.
It will be helpful for you to double your money else if you choose unworthy coin means it will be helpful.
Activity: 336
Merit: 11
It seems to me that it is much easier to definitely invest and trade in coins of an already completed project, because you can predict its relevance based on the history of the project, as well as the pricing schedule of coins.  But if we are talking about a new project, the risks increase several times, because even a full Technical Analysis cannot give a full guarantee of good results.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 101
Everything has risks. It is up to us if we are prepared to face it. There are many risk when you invested in cryptocurrencies because market is very volatile. If we know well what we get into we can minimize those risks. I invested in crypto because I'm more thinking that it will have a great value in the future mostly bitcoin.

the risk is always there in each of our trips, and that risk can never be avoided if we have done something very risky. actually an event has a risk. because so that we can be confident and dare to move forward, and say that the risk is not dangerous for me.
Actually the amount of risk in cryptocurrency depends on each individual user, if they have no knowledge in crypto and do not have skills in crypto trading then the risk is certainly much greater, the reward you will earn will be even greater if your skills are higher Smiley

we should have the courage to face a risk that will occur. because the risks on our journey are a challenge for us going forward. because sometimes the challenge is the beginning of our progress going forward. so we have to fight for a good future again
Well elaborated, you have mentioned both the risk and the benefits of using bitcoin, as much as I know bitcoin has no side effect in our life, if we will use it properly for getting profit I am sure it will give us fully benefit, if you consider trading as risky then just increase your knowledge about trading so you can avoid risk otherwise trading and using bitcoin in any field is fully profitable, holders get good reward at the end.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 16
Cryptocurrencies are all have risks and accompanied with high regards as well, though volatility in the market exists still it is worth the support from the crypto community and still crypto currencies are still surviving and getting stronger due to the mass adoption that many people are more interested and invested on crypto market. To succeed in crypto each of us must have patience, timing and most importantly knows how to HOLD. As the saying goes "High risks, Big rewards".
Activity: 938
Merit: 250

the risk is always there in each of our trips, and that risk can never be avoided if we have done something very risky. actually an event has a risk. because so that we can be confident and dare to move forward, and say that the risk is not dangerous for me.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 253

Actually the amount of risk in cryptocurrency depends on each individual user, if they have no knowledge in crypto and do not have skills in crypto trading then the risk is certainly much greater, the reward you will earn will be even greater if your skills are higher Smiley
really because if we use it in a way that is not good then the risk that will be obtained is also large but if we run well and correctly the risk will not be too large and the results will also be satisfying. so even though the risk is as big as anything if we run well we will definitely get a big profit, and that also depends on how it works
Activity: 515
Merit: 12
BBC recently did a interview around the volatility of cryptocurrencies. I think we are still so early in this industry but I would love to know your thoughts about where we are going and how you think the landscape will change.

People in the podcast include:

Marc Warne, Founder, Bittylicious
Jemima Kelly, reporter, FT Alphaville
Dave Jevans, CEO, CipherTrace

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000676m
The real impact of this technology will be sensed in the next 20 years. IT is like smartphones, once is in our daily basis you cant get away and we need this kind of technology in our life, if could make it so much easier.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
~One way or another, in order to get real results from your investments, you first need to study each project that interests you.  Only if you are confident in its prospects, only then you need to buy These coins.  Otherwise you will not have any result.

Unfortunately, our confidence rarely helps in real life. Even the best experts in the world make mistakes sometimes, not to mention ordinary people like us. There are many projects that look very promising in their whitepapers and road maps, but they fail to deliver in the end. Instead of studying a project, I would rather study the team behind it and the big names that support it.

confidence cant help you at all times  . let say for example your too confident to pick up a shady coin but unfortunately the coin got crashed becasue it was only a pumped and dumped  . see? but at least your confident to try than sticking on your comfort zone and not trying at all   .  studying the team or names does not differ from studying the whole project because there is a potential that they could fake it all  . scams are everywhere these days  .
legendary
I stand with Ukraine.
~One way or another, in order to get real results from your investments, you first need to study each project that interests you.  Only if you are confident in its prospects, only then you need to buy These coins.  Otherwise you will not have any result.

Unfortunately, our confidence rarely helps in real life. Even the best experts in the world make mistakes sometimes, not to mention ordinary people like us. There are many projects that look very promising in their whitepapers and road maps, but they fail to deliver in the end. Instead of studying a project, I would rather study the team behind it and the big names that support it.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

Even if you have the knowledge about it, there is still the risk. Volatility is a risk too and that is the reason some people don't want anything to do with it. But as we all say, the higher the risk, the bigger the rewards. People risk their money with the hope of earning huge profit out of it, but as you've said, without knowledge and usually skill, they can lose their money.
Activity: 618
Merit: 154
BBC recently did a interview around the volatility of cryptocurrencies. I think we are still so early in this industry but I would love to know your thoughts about where we are going and how you think the landscape will change.

Listening to the podcast is not going to do me any good, because there’s nothing they will say in the podcast that is going to sound new to me, it’s also going to be the same thing a lot of people have been saying over and over again. Bitcoin is very volatile, we all know that, and we know that trading Bitcoin is a huge risk and that you can lose everything that you invested, and bitcoin can also be a life changer, there are lots of people that became millionaires by using the opportunity they had with Bitcoin, though this time around it is different because it now expensive and more risky. So stories are not going to be the same.
Activity: 730
Merit: 102
Trphy.io

the risk and reward level in crypto really depends on the traders control of emotions thats what i think aside from the given knowledge of course
but too much excitement might push you to go FOMO or invest more that what you afford to loose and on the other end having patience might give you enormous reward
legendary
I stand with Ukraine.
A lot of people are afraid that Bitcoin (Cryptocurrencies) are volatile and they are afraid that they don’t want to lose their money. I am also afraid of that sometimes, but without that volatility being there, it wouldn’t be as rewarding as it is. It’s all about risk, if you’re able to take that risk you’re either going to win or you lose and when any of these things happens, all you can do is just to endure all it all and nothing else. If Bitcoin wasn’t volatile I don’t even think it will get this far, cause what attracted people to start investing in Bitcoin is because they all thought they will make money from it.

What you said relates more to a dice game than to Bitcoin. It's in a dice game you can bet your money with 10% win chance, and either lose it all or win tenfold, and the probability of the former is 90% while the probability of the latter outcome is only 10%. It's not like that with Bitcoin. With Bitcoin you are risking to lose 80% of your investments, but this is very unlikely. What is more likely is winning twofold in the nearest future(3-6 months) and maybe twenty-fold, or even more, in the long run.

Investing in Bitcoin is similar to investing in Google stocks in 2007: the price of the stocks was already 5 times up since 2004, and some people thought it could go only down, and they started selling and it indeed went down, but today the price of GOOGL is 5 times higher than it was in 2007.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
It would be better if you state the main purpose and idea of the podcast rather than make us listen to it before getting it. There's only one problem on cryptocurrency that maybe the reason ehy people are still debating if this is good or not and that is its volatility.

I think the volatility of crypto is not a matter that is often debated, but the number of scammers is often the subject of their topic. Everyone already knows that crypto has high volatility, so the debate about useless volatility will not find a solution because it is indeed a cryto face.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 256
Risking our capital is not good at all time. Yet, we have seen many evidences of pay-outs and the money they received from investing, crypto is also a risky investment. There is no such thing as real rewards here. In fact, even rewards at the bounty campaigns are ruined by scam projects. If we just get rewards, probably the little one that suits to our bill fees.
although the risk that will be obtained is quite large in the crypto world but with a large risk it can be covered by big results as well because this is where people are looking for big and promising income.
Pages:
Jump to: