Pages:
Author

Topic: The Role of BTC in the metaverse? - page 3. (Read 527 times)

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163
December 02, 2021, 08:46:14 AM
I have been thinking about this for sometimes.

If the metaverse becomes a reality, what will be the significant roles of crypto in its economy?

If crypto such as bitcoin, Mana, Sand are used as means of transaction in the metaverse what will be the reaction of the government?

Depends on the one who build that metaverse. There's obviously going to be variety and most likely that developers will have their own idea of the currency that they will use in their world. Unless developers can solve the fees and transaction speed, then I can't see Bitcoin being used in a metaverse (assuming that we have the tech to do this with the current state of Bitcoin).
Activity: 1106
Merit: 508
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
December 02, 2021, 08:19:45 AM

If the metaverse becomes a reality, what will be the significant roles of crypto in its economy?

If crypto such as bitcoin, Mana, Sand are used as means of transaction in the metaverse what will be the reaction of the government?

Metaverse is a virtual universe and bitcoin is the best currency of the internet. People will either use ETH or BTC as their main payment method. BTC is slower and more expensive than the others sometimes but since it is the safest, it will always be used the most by the people. I don't know what Mana and Sand are all about though but I don't think they will be as popular as BTC.

You never know whether by the time that met averse becomes a reality there might be a cryptocurrency more suited for the usage within that ecosystem. But keep in mind that Zuckerberg will be one of the major players in making the metaverse develop and grow. He is heavily investing in AR and VR, but he is not the biggest Bitcoin friend. Instead, as we remember, he wanted to establish his own digital currency and I can imagine that is still working on that plan. I guess if he runs a lot of the metaverse infrastructure he might also have possibilities to at least suppress the usage of Bitcoin to a certain degree (or provide incentives to use his stuff).
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
December 02, 2021, 07:52:40 AM
If Zuckenberg/Fb/Meta will get a big slice of that metaverse-to-be, I would not be surprised if his coin-to-be will be pushed there.
Somebody has to make it happen. And it depends greatly on his choice of "money", hence it has better chance to be some centralized shitcoin (or fiat) at start. Afterwards... we'll see...
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
December 02, 2021, 04:36:51 AM
Grin Grin metaverse is future  Grin Grin but to be honest metaverse maybe just like gaming in VR in next year or so

VR might be the future of meetings and talking to friends overseas and such, but probably not the literally-everything-tokenized kind of stuff that's causing the hype on SandBox and Decentraland. That's just silly.
copper member
Activity: 1988
Merit: 905
Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia
December 02, 2021, 04:30:05 AM
i think the true role for metaverse is people keep buying btc for hodl since crypto/altcoin will be the backbone of metaverse bitcoin playing role as storing value of asset, bitcoin for the first/mother of crypto so even tho lets says BNB will become paying transcation in all metaverse world bitcoin will not vanish

I still can't figure out what would be the main benefit of this "metaverse" thing for the human kind.
All the nerds and geeks will have one more excuse to sit in front of their computers 24/7 and stay socially dysfunctional,rather than going outside their homes and having a real life.
All the people,who have "internet addiction" will definitely be exploited by the creators of the so called metaverse.What's the point of having a virtual life,when your real life is shit

Grin Grin metaverse is future  Grin Grin but to be honest metaverse maybe just like gaming in VR in next year or so
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
December 02, 2021, 02:34:27 AM
I still can't figure out what would be the main benefit of this "metaverse" thing for the human kind.
All the nerds and geeks will have one more excuse to sit in front of their computers 24/7 and stay socially dysfunctional,rather than going outside their homes and having a real life.
All the people,who have "internet addiction" will definitely be exploited by the creators of the so called metaverse.What's the point of having a virtual life,when your real life is shit?
Should we be worried that Bitcoin won't have a dominating role in the metaverse?
Nah,the metaverse is going to be BS anyway.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4313
🔐BitcoinMessage.Tools🔑
December 02, 2021, 02:22:41 AM
It seems that social distancing, lockdowns, vaccine mandates, and other restrictive measures have done so much damage to humanity that people are now seriously talking about the benefits of living in an imaginary world. Unfortunately, bitcoin was created to deal with the economic problems of the real world, not an imaginary universe.

In the sense that "metaverse" is the imaginary hypothetical part of the virtual internet, you are right bitcoin has little role in that part, useless tokens reside in fairyland. In real world on the other hand bitcoin is dominating.

I agree. The creators of altcoins and other fiat/shitcoin proponents have suddenly realized they cannot outcompete bitcoin in the real world: that is why they created their virtual pocket version of the universe to set their own rules there.
legendary
Activity: 3444
Merit: 10558
December 02, 2021, 12:41:49 AM
Metaverse are buiding on smart contracts so the role of BTC in Metaverse ecosystem is small.
In the sense that "metaverse" is the imaginary hypothetical part of the virtual internet, you are right bitcoin has little role in that part, useless tokens reside in fairyland. In real world on the other hand bitcoin is dominating.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
December 02, 2021, 12:29:48 AM

Bitcoin is a dinosaur and we are still experiencing the pre-historic era in cryptospace. So there are few centuries left for bitcoin to rule the market as the most dominant and valuable crypto.

Metaverse is a different concept. Bitcoin is not specifically built for Metaverse. To be able to function in metaverse, bitcoin jeeds to have a smart contract facility which unfortunately is not present. So I foresee a rise of small cryptos like SAND, MANA, UPS etc built specifically on purpose.

But no matter whatever happens in metaverse, cryptos like bitcoin will remain as a layer among metaverse and real world. That's the only and most valuable role bitcoin will play here.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
December 01, 2021, 11:31:29 PM
Centralization and being custodial aside, obviously the only way for bitcoin to be in the Ethereum/alt-L1 ecosystem is to be through the likes of wrapped bitcoin(WBTC). There's really no way around it as far as I know.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 275
December 01, 2021, 02:17:46 PM
So far I have not been able to imagine what it would be like if Bitcoin later had in the metaverse ecosystem. Because this can certainly change some core things, such as the bitcoin network, which will be more congested and congested. Maybe over time there will be many updates made by developers on this matter. But until now that possibility has not materialized if in fact Metaverse is only in the shadows and not necessarily fully run smoothly on any network. Even we ourselves have not been able to implement virtual 3D which is always crowded until now.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2420
December 01, 2021, 02:02:02 PM

Metaverse is a virtual universe and bitcoin is the best currency of the internet. People will either use ETH or BTC as their main payment method. BTC is slower and more expensive than the others sometimes but since it is the safest, it will always be used the most by the people. I don't know what Mana and Sand are all about though but I don't think they will be as popular as BTC.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 727
December 01, 2021, 01:42:05 PM
Metaverse are buiding on smart contracts so the role of BTC in Metaverse ecosystem is small. It has overal effect and very big role in a crypto market in which Metaverse is part of the ecosystem. So we can not deny a big role of BTC even it has indirect role.

In future, we might see bigger role and engagement of BTC in Metaverse because we already see more DeFi for Bitcoin. DeFi has no longer limited to ERC20 or BSC, now it is expanding to Bitcoin network.

Soon we will see BTC in Metaverse ecosystem with bridges and new technologies.
Activity: 490
Merit: 31
There is gold in volatility..
December 01, 2021, 12:47:10 PM

Pages:
Jump to: