Pages:
Author

Topic: The role of Crypto in eliminating fossil fuels dependence - page 2. (Read 340 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 1
dApps Development Automation Platform
And what are those other resources you're saying?

There are a lot of ways to generate energy but you sure are right about the expensiveness of the generation cost. If such projects will be built and be funded by crypto's, the crypto should be recognized by a lot of country as it will be the medium of transaction.

With regards to printing of money, I don't quite understand the notion but you can't just easily print money as it could cause inflation.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Thinking on the higher plane of existence.
That's just a theory without any evidence.The planet earth has oil reserves for the next 50 years.
I remember that there was another theory coming from soviet or russian scientists that oil is actually a renewable resource and the oil supply will never end.This is another hypothesis without proof.
So far,the crypto world has no role into eliminating fossil fuels usage.I hope that this will change soon.

Its not just the fossil fules but also take into considreations the material we use for making money like copper, silver and nickel. If the world will use cryptocurrency as mode of exchange for every commodities, the banks would not need anymore of this materials and thus mining of this materials would be minimized. Government could also preserved mountains were this materials could get from to protect the environment. As of now, this is only a theory but i believe that someday it would be in front of my eyes because I want this world to last longer.
Activity: 588
Merit: 128
This issue is always a big role for every country's economics as they see this as a factor of how rich the country is. And by eliminating the fossil fuels that aims to convert in renewable sources is a big help especially for those countries that lack of fuel resources. And in return, fuel price will decrease and will take a domino effect in all our commodities. Isn't it great? Inflation will be lessen, surely.

If this thing really push through, world economy will grow drastically though this issue need more study even though it's really feasible.
Activity: 101
Merit: 0
I think it's a difficult problem about fuel from petroleum and I was surprised to hear one to finance using Altcoin
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
The planet earth has oil reserves for the next 50 years.

Assuming (for the sake of argument) 50 years is accurate, we could practically stretch it all the way to +100 years with some minor adjustments.

I think the biggest problem is the ease of consuming fossil resources just because it's available right now in pretty much any quantity. It lowers the main incentive to actually dig through all this to find ways to limit use of fossil resources, but without losing productivity and thus billions in revenue and profits.

Most people in today's world live in the here and now, where every potential obstacle in the next couple of years is something they prefer to deal with by that time instead of now. This mentality is quite damaging and doesn't really make much sense to me, but then again, we're just small fishes. The main players have all the incentive to sell you dirty fossil resources in the here and now.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
I think the problem is real and we really are going over to the period of when fossil fuels will be scarce and humanity will not go thru an easy adjustment period but honestly do you really believe all of humanity can go down in flames just because of this ?

I am pretty sure we are already finding a lot of clean energy sources for at least electricity and considering even the electric cars are getting more and more known all over the world and the solar panels and wind tribunes and nuclear energy and all of that getting more known and used by countries and get more help from governments it is getting a lot easier.

I agree that we are going to a bad place on fossil fuel problems but I do not believe the clean energy we have is "ridiculous", they are actually real cool and will help us out.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
That's just a theory without any evidence.The planet earth has oil reserves for the next 50 years.
I remember that there was another theory coming from soviet or russian scientists that oil is actually a renewable resource and the oil supply will never end.This is another hypothesis without proof.
So far,the crypto world has no role into eliminating fossil fuels usage.I hope that this will change soon.
Activity: 266
Merit: 42
The rising tide lifts all boats
There is Peak Oil theory (which can be rebranded also Peak Natural Gas, Peak Coal, Peak Freshwater etc.)
that states global oil production has already peaked years ago and now we are in decline, that threatens
civilization as we know it.
There are a lot of skeptics who don't believe and try to ridicule people speaking about alternative
sources of energy. I don't mean wind turbines, they are too costly to play a major factor.
I also don't mean chemical solar panels, for the same reason: amortization costs.
Growing crops while using a lot of petrol for their agriculture to turn them into fuel is also ridiculous.
But there are other sources, that physicists speak of now and then and usually establishment reacts
with ridiculing them and silencing them in a lot of ways that are at establishment's disposal.

It seems that today's Central Banking is pinned on the idea of centralized control of resources.
Once there is decentralized energy source anywhere, this place can begin to print it's own money backed
by this additional energy, unaccounted so far.
And the only way to finance such developments seems to me is through altcoins.
Please share your thoughts.
Pages:
Jump to: